Re: View From The 22 - Alternative Forum
Posted by: BenHK (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2018 07:22

Has this idea died?

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2018 22:28

Presumably so.

There was a previous alternative forum st up by Mrs. T a few years ago when this network seem to be in even worse strife. I've lost the link to it now, but seem to recall it was also a pizza takeaway.

Posted by: ageinghoody (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2019 17:17

Is it now just a matter of we punters starting to post on it?

I have to confess that I'd been doing precisely what irritates me when others do it, which is wait for "organisers" to sort it out and tell me when it was ready to roll, Mea Culpa!

In my defence, my knowledge of how forums actually work is pretty thin.

Posted by: 23Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2019 17:22

It's there if it's needed, if not I'm happy to just leave it lying around if there's a change of heart.

Date: 04 January, 2019 01:33

Wasps have a second forum in operation, but unlike Quins it hasn't fully taken over.

I do think 23shark' idea was more on the right lines than either Harlequins or Wasps as it at least attempted to keep all the teams on one login, as it were.

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2019 08:56

Quote:
DaveAitch
Wasps have a second forum in operation, but unlike Quins it hasn't fully taken over.
I do think 23shark' idea was more on the right lines than either Harlequins or Wasps as it at least attempted to keep all the teams on one login, as it were.

Wuss in peace.

Dave is spot in,however irritating SN may be, the ability to use one login and switch between clubs using network navigation is key.

I donít bother with Quins much anymore, although Shedweb is always worth visiting. Hadnít spotted the Wasps breakaway as mentioned above, but will check.

Posted by: 23Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2019 12:20

Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
DaveAitch

Wuss in peace.

Dave is spot in,however irritating SN may be, the ability to use one login and switch between clubs using network navigation is key.

I donít bother with Quins much anymore, although Shedweb is always worth visiting. Hadnít spotted the Wasps breakaway as mentioned above, but will check.

That was the intention Ted, one of the saving graces of SN was the ability to quickly check and post on other forums. Not quite as practical with football forums as the trolling and abuse would be a lot worse but I think it lends itself reasonably well to rugby.

Posted by: ale shark (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 08:51

edit. Wrong thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2019 12:57 by ale shark.

Posted by: Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 15:27

Tried to make a picture to add to my profile and it's really difficult to get something less than 6kB that isn't just an object study in jpeg artefacts. I assume you don't want to waste server space on user images, so have you considered using Gravatar as an option?

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Date: 25 May, 2019 08:56

The following is from another thread, following on a few posts about the *, new post! button, but is, perhaps, more relevant here.

As regards the first unread post on the new forum: clicking the * does appear to take the reader to the first unread post. That said, there doesn't appear to be any indication on the thread as to which actually is the first unread post. If, inadvertently, one presses on the thread title you arrive at the first post without it would seem any idea as to when and where the new posts begin. Sportsnetwork does retain the 'new' alongside the relevant posts until the thread is closed (when, presumably, it has been assumed the reader has actually read them). Mind you, Sportsnetwork does lose its 'new thread' add on when the thread is several days old (I've never really established when this actually happens, because I've never really looked).
The above applies to an older iPad running iOS 9. It maybe that the system works 'properly' with the latest iOS.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net