Current Page: 1 of 2
Ask the club
Posted by: Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
Date: 27 March, 2019 18:44

Use this thread to ask questions of the club representative Kayleigh.

Keep it polite, keep it respectful.

I will monitor the conversations here and anything I deem unacceptable will be deleted immediately. (And I am the sole arbitrator of what is acceptable, unless I delegate the job.)

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Re: Ask the club
Posted by: Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
Date: 27 March, 2019 18:46

(Via Bull Shark)

If you don't mind Kayleigh I'll get the ball rolling.

The club's offer to sell 1/4 Final tickets at 50% discount to season ticket holders is a very good one which should be applauded as is the offer for season ticket holders to get extra tickets for friends at a 20% discount. However that 20% discount only applies to adult tickets. Could you please advise why the club restricted this to adults and not other categories such as juniors and concessions?

We've taken up the offer and the extra saving if extending to juniors would only have saved us £2.40 so it is not so much about the money but it just feels like Sale have missed a goodwill trick there.

Would the club consider offering future discounts across the board or not?

Thanks

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Posted by: dinogyro (IP Logged)
Date: 27 March, 2019 22:38

It's a shame that the Major has to tell people to keep it polite & respectful. It is something we should all do automatically.

Posted by: Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2019 07:28

Hi Kayleigh
Thanks for putting yourself up for this .
You may have noticed the recent thread re ‘growing attendance’
One of the more obvious points on there were the comments re advertising or the lack there of.
Tomorrow evening’s qf is a case in point; the stadium still has lots of seats and standing room yet I certainly haven’t seen any advertising aimed at the general public.
Emails to existing fans and posts on SS related Facebook pages are largely preaching to the converted.
I appreciate that this may be intentional to avoid Friday night traffic issues but, if not and if there is a desire to fill the stadium, would more visible advertising be an idea?

Posted by: kayleighbaxter1 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2019 10:50

Quote:
Grumpy Old Shark
Hi Kayleigh
Thanks for putting yourself up for this .
You may have noticed the recent thread re ‘growing attendance’
One of the more obvious points on there were the comments re advertising or the lack there of.
Tomorrow evening’s qf is a case in point; the stadium still has lots of seats and standing room yet I certainly haven’t seen any advertising aimed at the general public.
Emails to existing fans and posts on SS related Facebook pages are largely preaching to the converted.
I appreciate that this may be intentional to avoid Friday night traffic issues but, if not and if there is a desire to fill the stadium, would more visible advertising be an idea?

Hi Grumpy Old Shark,

Growing attendances is very much the plan for the club in the coming seasons. Paying the sums required for roadside banners, radio campaigns and television content is both vastly expensive and has proven to not be effective at converting new supporters to buy tickets in the short-term.
The club needs to ensure money invested in growing attendances can be tracked against conversion, otherwise this is wasting money and not sustainable. We are discussing a partnership with a couple of organisations that may make some of this style of advertising more efficient. The process is long term; based on building brand awareness, creating an affinity, through to developing a desire to attend fixtures.

The club are working with local newspapers about including our match reports and promoting the activities for the Sharks Community Trust. We also are looking to increase the profile of the north west talent in the squad to create local icons that people can identify with. An example of this is the MEN, that has Sale Sharks editorial printed daily.

There can be more focussed promotion online. If individuals have any interest in Sale Sharks, they will most likely follow us on a social media platform (we accept this does not include everyone). We can then communicate with them on a regular basis to move them up the supporter pathway of simply knowing who the club is, to identifying themselves as a supporter and building that desire to attend a match. Alongside this, we can profile the traits of Sale Sharks supporters, to promote the club to internet users who have similar profiles to build the number of people we engage with – this can be tracked and is proving to be much more cost effective that the types of activity mentioned in the first paragraph.

In reference to your point on ‘preaching to the converted’ on social media – given we have between 40-50K on Facebook and Twitter, there’s still potential to convert individuals who have chosen to follow us on social media, into becoming matchday supporters. That jump will be much easier than converting a new-to-Sale-Sharks individual into becoming a matchday attendee.

We also do believe that given the increased investment that the owners have put into playing squad, as we have more high-profile players and are competing at the top end of the Premiership – attendances (and the associated PR in the north west) will naturally grow.

Always happy to take on new ideas if you think there’s something more the club should be doing. Feel free to contact Jonny Acheson - Head of Brand @ jonny.acheson@salesharks.com anytime.

Posted by: ale shark (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2019 12:39

Hi Kayleigh,
Can you advise why the Leicester game on 8th March was switched to a Friday night? I can understand if it was for TV but this game wasn't televised. The next 3 games are all Fridays but are all, I presume, televised.
Thanks

Date: 28 March, 2019 14:22

Quote:
ale shark
Hi Kayleigh,
Can you advise why the Leicester game on 8th March was switched to a Friday night? I can understand if it was for TV but this game wasn't televised. The next 3 games are all Fridays but are all, I presume, televised.
Thanks

Hi Bull Shark,

We decided to change the fixture when we realised the clash with 6 nations (the time of the fixture that day meant there would be a clash with 2 x 6 nations fixtures). We felt that supporters would want the opportunity to watch both us, and the 6 nations. We were unaware that Connacht Quins & Bath would be moved for TV at that time.

Thanks

Kayleigh

Posted by: JohnJ of HM (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2019 14:58

Hi Kayleigh (Marillion fan?)

Will the Reflink be working on Friday evening?

Date: 28 March, 2019 15:49

Quote:
JohnJ of HM
Hi Kayleigh (Marillion fan?)

Will the Reflink be working on Friday evening?

Hi JohnJ of HM,

Yes - my parents were a fan of the song!

I've spoken with our media team the ref mic should be working as it has done at previous European games however as ref-links are a Premiership rugby led initiative we cannot guarantee the availability at European fixtures.

Thanks,

Kayleigh

Posted by: emerging shark (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2019 17:50

Regards to advertising/marketing, it's been said by experts that 'it's like peeing in your pants, gives you a nice warm feeling but doesn't last long'.. (Sm163)

Posted by: iBozz (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2019 08:51

Quote:
emerging shark
Regards to advertising/marketing, it's been said by experts that 'it's like peeing in your pants, gives you a nice warm feeling but doesn't last long'.. (Sm163)

Indeed, es.

John Wanamaker (1838-1922) is credited with the saying "Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don't know which half".

It is very difficult, although not as difficult as in his day, to assess which advertising works. I've heard it said, by someone who knows what they are doing, that a target has to see or hear an advertisement three or four times before it registers. The first time it is just there. The second they register that they have seen it before. The third they wonder what it is. The fourth they actually check what it is. Whether they do anything about it thereafter is another matter entirely and pretty well un-assessable.

I too have never seen or heard any advertising save direct to me from the Club.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/03/2019 16:37 by iBozz.

Date: 29 March, 2019 11:46

It does strike me as odd that Peel Holdings have a significant investment in the stadium (and therefore presumably profit on increased matchday attendances) yet there are no billboards advertising the next home fixture (for any team) on the vast expanse of land that they own around the TC. You’d think there would be a deal to be done in that respect.

Posted by: Hookers (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2019 14:15

In terms of billboards...

Can anything with Sale/Salford fixtures on it be fixed to the roof so it can be seen from Barton bridge?

Date: 29 March, 2019 19:40

Kayleigh,

Don’t you think it’s time to take Michael Jackson off the pre-match play list?

Posted by: muddydwarf (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2019 10:18

Good Morning Kayleigh,
We received the pre game e-mail & travel plan as usual.
Within that it was stated that the shuttle buses were to run from 17:15.
We were stood with several Connaught fans at the stated time & the bus did not arrive.
We walked to the ground instead, & noticed the buses all queued up at Chill Factore with the drivers all sat in one bus chatting. We saw the first buses arrive at 18:17.
If the shuttle buses are promised to run from a certain time, and people make plans around that then the buses should be there.
Can you tell us please what the problem was & if it is resolved?

Date: 31 March, 2019 13:45

Quote:
ale shark
Kayleigh,
Don’t you think it’s time to take Michael Jackson off the pre-match play list?

Hi AleShark,

I'll get the production team to review & replace any MJ.

Thanks

Kayleigh

Date: 31 March, 2019 13:47

Quote:
Hookers
In terms of billboards...
Can anything with Sale/Salford fixtures on it be fixed to the roof so it can be seen from Barton bridge?

Hi Hookers,

I'll discuss this with Jonny Acheson tomorrow (Head of Brand) and get back to you.

Thanks

Kayleigh

Date: 31 March, 2019 13:48

Quote:
muddydwarf
Good Morning Kayleigh,
We received the pre game e-mail & travel plan as usual.
Within that it was stated that the shuttle buses were to run from 17:15.
We were stood with several Connaught fans at the stated time & the bus did not arrive.
We walked to the ground instead, & noticed the buses all queued up at Chill Factore with the drivers all sat in one bus chatting. We saw the first buses arrive at 18:17.
If the shuttle buses are promised to run from a certain time, and people make plans around that then the buses should be there.
Can you tell us please what the problem was & if it is resolved?

Hi Muddydwarf,

We did request that the shuttles commence then I'm sorry if that wasn't the case and have approached the shuttle team to ensure they start at the scheduled time.

Apologies again,

Kayleigh

Posted by: buelligansmate (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2019 14:24

Hello Kayleigh,

Before I commit to renewing my season ticket could you confirm whether or not the Stockport/Didsbury/Cheadle supporters bus will be running next season? I haven't seen any mention of it in any of the promotional literature

Date: 31 March, 2019 15:53

Quote:
buelligansmate
Hello Kayleigh,
Before I commit to renewing my season ticket could you confirm whether or not the Stockport/Didsbury/Cheadle supporters bus will be running next season? I haven't seen any mention of it in any of the promotional literature

Hi Buelligansmate,

Yep - the Stockport (plus current pick ups) will run next season.

Thanks

Kayleigh

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net