Date: 31 March, 2019 17:00

Great news! Thank you

Re: Ask the club
Posted by: kayleighbaxter1 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2019 07:25

Quote:
Hookers
In terms of billboards...
Can anything with Sale/Salford fixtures on it be fixed to the roof so it can be seen from Barton bridge?

Hi Hookers,

The branding on the roof of the stadium are a property of the stadium naming rights holder and as such we cannot influence.

Thanks

Kayleigh

Posted by: porridge (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2019 07:08

Trafford Centre Shuttle Buses

Good Morning Kayleigh
I would just like to relay my experience of the TC shuttle bus service last friday after the Connacht game.
Bearing in mind the club are encouraging supporters to utilise this service rather than drive to the stadium.
After the game two of us stayed behind to applaud the team from the pitch, we then went to catch one of the buses just as the last one was leaving. We entered the queue & waited patiently, fortunately a dry, mild evening. After approximately 15 minutes the return buses started to appear at the traffic lights to re-enter the stadium, however they were held there for a further 15 minutes while the car parks were emptied.
There was slight unrest & moaning in the queue about thinking twice about using the service in future. Don't get me wrong I think it is a very positive initiative which I use regularly, but maybe the return trips should be prioritised when the weather isn't quite so kind.

Thanks

Date: 03 April, 2019 07:18

Quote:
porridge
Trafford Centre Shuttle Buses
Good Morning Kayleigh
I would just like to relay my experience of the TC shuttle bus service last friday after the Connacht game.
Bearing in mind the club are encouraging supporters to utilise this service rather than drive to the stadium.
After the game two of us stayed behind to applaud the team from the pitch, we then went to catch one of the buses just as the last one was leaving. We entered the queue & waited patiently, fortunately a dry, mild evening. After approximately 15 minutes the return buses started to appear at the traffic lights to re-enter the stadium, however they were held there for a further 15 minutes while the car parks were emptied.
There was slight unrest & moaning in the queue about thinking twice about using the service in future. Don't get me wrong I think it is a very positive initiative which I use regularly, but maybe the return trips should be prioritised when the weather isn't quite so kind.

Morning Porridge,

Thanks for your message & feedback. The decision to have the shuttles take priority on exit (over vehicles) means that we have to give a reasonable time once they've left the stadium for vehicles to exit before the shuttles can come back onto Stadium Way. We monitor the return of the shuttles to the traffic lights and once a reasonable number of cars are out we request that the lights are switched over and the delay taken off the allowing them access but there is a fine line when considering the remaining vehicles on-site. We continue to monitor game by game with the stadium management and TFGM.

Thanks again,

Kayleigh

Thanks

Posted by: iBozz (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2019 08:09

Hi, Kayleigh.

re the above: could some bus shelters be built? These could also have advertising to help defray the cost.

Or could travellers wait in the marquee and the Club have in there a screen announcing when returning buses are available? You say you already communicate with the traffic light operators so it shouldn’t be too difficult.

Or am I, as ever, being too simplistic?

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Date: 03 April, 2019 12:54

Quote:
iBozz
Hi, Kayleigh.
re the above: could some bus shelters be built? These could also have advertising to help defray the cost.

Or could travellers wait in the marquee and the Club have in there a screen announcing when returning buses are available? You say you already communicate with the traffic light operators so it shouldn’t be too difficult.

Or am I, as ever, being too simplistic?

Hi iBozz,

We have considered the option of a bus shelter but unfortunately it would be a cost for us to incur on council land with private use for Sale Sharks fixtures so it's both costly and difficult to get agreed. The shuttles returning to the Trafford Centre begin after the final whistle and run for an hour so supporters could, as suggested, make use of the Sharquee for a dry waiting area. Whilst we are aware when the lights will 'switch over' the buses returning to the Trafford Centre go as frequently as possible.

Thanks

Kayleigh

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 April, 2019 08:12

Hi Kayleigh

Thanks for providing this welcome opportunity to ask questions of the club directly. The early signs are that it is working well and I hope it can develop into a useful channel for constructive dialogue with supporters.

I am about to renew my ST but I understand that the very limited number of car park spaces have now sold out within 24 hrs. Unfortunately I have not been quick enough to renew ours so I face having to make alternative travel arrangements. The obvious alternative for us would be the TC shuttle. Given that there is likely to be a very significant increase in demand next season for the shuttles as a result of the severely restricted car parking at the ground, can you advise whether there are any plans to increase the number of buses and the efficiency of the service, particularly after the match.

Thanks, Chris

Date: 04 April, 2019 08:46

Quote:
Chris1850
Hi Kayleigh
Thanks for providing this welcome opportunity to ask questions of the club directly. The early signs are that it is working well and I hope it can develop into a useful channel for constructive dialogue with supporters.

I am about to renew my ST but I understand that the very limited number of car park spaces have now sold out within 24 hrs. Unfortunately I have not been quick enough to renew ours so I face having to make alternative travel arrangements. The obvious alternative for us would be the TC shuttle. Given that there is likely to be a very significant increase in demand next season for the shuttles as a result of the severely restricted car parking at the ground, can you advise whether there are any plans to increase the number of buses and the efficiency of the service, particularly after the match.

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris1850,

Thanks for your message - we currently base our shuttle services on the attendances so we review the confirmed attendance, consider a match walk-up and then request a number that can service that. There are always additional buses brought on-site for egress as that obviously happens in a shorter period of time.

We are continuing to work on off-site parking and hope in the coming weeks to have an alternative seasonal parking option for supporters to purchase along with match-by-match options (we are looking at park & ride and park & walk options).

We will continue our Stockport, Trafford Centre & Ladywell* shuttle services next season and will have increased buses available.

The egress of supporters is improving but isn't as speedy as we'd like it to be but it's likely that as a knock on of the loss of the South / North car parks with fewer cars to exit we will have a speedier egress and improve the shuttle journeys to / from the Trafford Centre.

*Ladywell is likely to run until such time that the Metrolink is up and running (Spring 2020) at the Trafford Centre as this will be a direct link to the Metrolink network from Manchester.

Thanks,

Kayleigh

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 April, 2019 10:01

Hi Kayleigh

Thanks for your prompt response which is appreciated

Chris

Posted by: muddydwarf (IP Logged)
Date: 04 April, 2019 21:15

Good Evening Kayleigh,

For those of us lucky(daft) enough to be planning on going to the La Rochelle game, would it be possible to get our hands on some large Sale Sharks flags similar to the ones that the Connacht fans had last week?
I've no idea whether they had them made themselves or the club sold them, but as there's likely only to be a few of us there we'd like to be seen as well as heard smiling smiley

Date: 08 April, 2019 06:58

Quote:
muddydwarf
Good Evening Kayleigh,
For those of us lucky(daft) enough to be planning on going to the La Rochelle game, would it be possible to get our hands on some large Sale Sharks flags similar to the ones that the Connacht fans had last week?
I've no idea whether they had them made themselves or the club sold them, but as there's likely only to be a few of us there we'd like to be seen as well as heard smiling smiley

Morning Muddydwarf,

We have a stock of the flags and I'll certainly be able to get some for you - can you drop me an email kayleigh.baxter@salesharks.com to arrange drop off / collection.

Thanks,

Kayleigh

Posted by: buelligansmate (IP Logged)
Date: 01 May, 2019 12:52

Good afternoon Kayleigh,

I was wondering why the Sharks twitter account, @SaleSharksRugby, never mentions the Stockport/Didsbury/Cheadle supporters bus when it is promoting travel improvements at the A J Bell?

Martin

Date: 01 May, 2019 18:35

Hi Martin,

We tend to stick to travel info in the area as that's relevant for almost all travelling to the stadium but all the details are on our website in the travel plan.

We do have some information detailing the Stockport bus for the 18th which will be due to go out next week.

Thanks

Kayleigh

Posted by: buelligansmate (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 12:01

Thanks for the reply Kayleigh. I just thought that it would be an ideal opportunity to publicise an other initiative that the club have taken to ease supporter access to the stadium.

Posted by: emerging shark (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 18:30

Hi Kayleigh, why are there only 2 turnstiles open in the south stand? There used to be 4 opens for the all of last season. Big queues today.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net