Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Simon Hammersley signs on a 3 year deal
Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2019 16:40

Fwiw he's sub-Haley.

There are no ants in Antarctica despite the name.

Posted by: stuart66 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2019 14:58

Hammers is a great lad. A great loss to us.

Posted by: SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 20:00

Quote:
H's D
I reckon forwards probably miss far more tackles than backs ... Anyone got any specific stats on that.....?
I reckon Props are probably the worst offenders...

I think you're probably wrong although tbf I have no stats to back that up. A quick look at some typical games from a team with reasonable (average) defence suggests forwards missing 1 in 4 or 5 with backs 1 or 2 in 3 (centres excepted who often defend like forwards dealing mainly with hard running direct threats)

Backs, especially back three might have to make less than 5 tackles a game and yet most of the time that will be in space possibly with numbers against. In contrast forwards; props and backrow especially will mainly have direct running threats trying to run through them. IMO ofc.

As for Hammersely I think he's a briliant signing to what looks an incredibly strong squad this season. de Jager is looking sharp in the RWC and whilst McGinty has been a bit hit and miss he is quality. Those du Prez boys look very handy too and that's in addition to Solomona and Ashy! and ofc Faf. I can see you guys being comfortable top6 this season and pushing top4 unless injuries derail you (which can happen to any team)

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net