Chris Stirling
Posted by: Carnegiette2 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 23:50

One of my fellow Ultras pointed this out today- Chris is taking a sabbatical from the Pirates due to the twin impact of Coronavirus and next year’s funding cuts. The article talks of him “hoping” to return.

Torrid last 18 months for him in England with our issues and now this. I have a lot of respect for him and hope he does return.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: Chris Stirling
Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 08:53

You can hardly blame him. NZ seems to be doing better than most places, though he will face a lengthy period of isolation.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 10:05

Good luck to Chris - I think he deserves a spot at at top tier club somewhere.

Posted by: WPL (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 10:54

Best of luck to Chris, it's a shame he's had a bad run while he's been over here.

I would love to see him at a top club one day, if nothing else to bridge that gap between the club and players.

Good Luck Chris / Inside Knowledge - hopefully see you back in England one day!

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 13:16

Chris is an outstanding head coach and DOR who should undoubtedly be working at a higher level.

Unfortunately though the RFU, through their continued neglect of the game below Premiership level, are forcing talented individuals like him away from our shores; there are only so many positions in the Premiership!

Surely this is to the detriment of the game they are supposed to be encouraging?

All the very best of luck Chris and thanks for everything you did at Carnegie.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net