Folau`s divine intervention
Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2019 10:45

Re: Folau`s divine intervention
Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2019 10:58

Being deranged is not an excuse for rampant bigotry.

Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2019 13:24

He has strong beliefs, his error was in making them very public, esp given his high public profile.
Lots of people say these things with no attention given to them, perhaps that would be the best thing to do here as well ?

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Date: 18 November, 2019 13:47

Always strikes me that many "devout Christians" have very little compassion, tolerance and forgiveness for their fellow man.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2019 13:52

Unlike the person for whom their belief is named

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2019 14:21

Quote:
daktari
Always strikes me that many "devout Christians" have very little compassion, tolerance and forgiveness for their fellow man.

I think that goes for many different religions doesn't it?

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2019 14:23

And therein lays the hypocricy.

Date: 18 November, 2019 14:32

Yes I am happy being a tolerant forgiving sinner , than a believer in any structured religion where it`s beliefs foster bigotry , hatred and intolerance.

Date: 18 November, 2019 15:32

Amen to that.

*ironic juxtaposition intended

Posted by: Mattwillarms (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2019 18:14

Please donít tar all Christians with the same brush. All Christians that I know are appalled by the way this man keeps bringing such negative press to a religion that does so much good in the World but more importantly than that, they categorically disagree with him.
We are lucky to live in a very multicultural/multifaith City in Leicester. Tolerance is high on the agenda in this City, as it should be and I donít know anybody of any faith who agree with this guy.

Date: 18 November, 2019 18:33

Not the time and the place to get into this Matt but I question whether those Christians are cherry picking the bits of the religion they like. And there are Christians who do believe as he does.

Date: 18 November, 2019 18:44

Agree not the forum for it Rich. The bible is a complex collection of writings from many different sources compiled a very long time ago and subsequently translated into many languages. Itís not surprising that people interpret it in many different ways.
Not sure about cherry picking (Probably correct) but Jesus taught of love for all and tolerance. We are all equal in the eyes of God.

Date: 18 November, 2019 19:34

We'll leave it at that perhaps.

Either way Folau is an @rse.

Date: 18 November, 2019 20:14

He is a total @rse

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net