Current Page: 1 of 2
Salarysins
Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 12:31

So what`s to stop the Wray family doing a Kerry Packer , talk to Pro 14 teams and create a franchise team, replacing one of the two South African teams and keeping all their players and structure in place for next season.

Re: Salarysins
Posted by: Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 12:41

I don't know but hopefully something prevents them doing this, which would complete the job they have started, of ruining the club game in England.

Posted by: Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 12:55

I very much doubt that the Pro14 can establish a team in England without the express say-so of the RFU.

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 12:55

No RFU / Prem money (not an issue really for Wray).
Bit maybe the threat to players of not playing for England etc if not in a RFU sanctioned club / league ?

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 13:07

Quote:
Brownian Motion
I very much doubt that the Pro14 can establish a team in England without the express say-so of the RFU.

This. And they can only play outside their 'native' territory with RFU permission.

And any breakaway would be outside World Rugby sanction.

Posted by: Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 13:10

I knew there would be some people on here more clever than me who could explain!

Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 05:35

Reading this article from Kitson in the Guardian are PRL and Salarysins ever going to work together again?

[www.theguardian.com]

Maybe The Pro15 option should have been considered as a serious alternative to relegation as even with new personnel at the top of both organisations there is such a lack of trust between them.

Date: 26 January, 2020 13:21

This is not done by a country mile , those who deliberately and blalatantly broke the rules, cheated and destroyed trust , will continue to usurp the authority and trust of the PRL . I genuinely believe they will further attempt to undermine /dstroy the PRL in the coming months and years. They will try to create an alternative structure where rich men can buy and sell clubs and pay what they like with impunity, a Kerry Packer super league of European and South African teams.

Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 17:04

Well stuffed today at least by Quins

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Date: 26 January, 2020 17:18

What the hell was Jackson Wray as captain refusing to work with Pearce. Surely that has to attract some censure or citing.

Date: 26 January, 2020 18:04

What happened?

Date: 26 January, 2020 18:11

Luke Pearce called Robshaw and Wray over as captains to talk about discipline , Wray said something to Robshaw , Wray walked away , then Pearce called Manu Vunipola over and said he`s refusing to work with me your now the captain. Very strange and not quite demonstrating "humility".

Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 18:28

Quote:
daktari
Luke Pearce called Robshaw and Wray over as captains to talk about discipline , Wray said something to Robshaw , Wray walked away , then Pearce called Manu Vunipola over and said he`s refusing to work with me your now the captain. Very strange and not quite demonstrating "humility".

Also happened in Saints v Leicester game earlier in the season when Carley refused to work with either Waller or Harrison (canít remember which) but was resolved as they were both named as co-captains.

Date: 26 January, 2020 18:38

Quote:
tigersimon
Quote:
daktari

Also happened in Saints v Leicester game earlier in the season when Carley refused to work with either Waller or Harrison (canít remember which) but was resolved as they were both named as co-captains.

I think Wray and Wrigglesworth were co captains but Wrigglesworth had left the field and been replaced , I guess Wray appointed Vunipola or Pearce nominated him , it was confusing and farcical.

Posted by: Gaz (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 18:59

Quote:
daktari
So what`s to stop the Wray family doing a Kerry Packer , talk to Pro 14 teams and create a franchise team, replacing one of the two South African teams and keeping all their players and structure in place for next season.

Doing a Kerry Packer?

Isn't that what cockneys think the All Blacks do before a match?

Threatened by shadows at night,
And exposed in the light.
Shine on you crazy diamond.

Date: 26 January, 2020 19:07

Says as much about Pearce as Wray.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 20:09

Depends what Wray said or did

Posted by: Willbur (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 20:54

Quote:
Stopsy
Depends what Wray said or did

Sounds familiar.....

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 20:59

Quote:
daktari

To be fair to Wray he didn't just walk away, Pearce told him to walk away then said to Vunipola that Wray was refusing to work with him and that that was his choice.

Posted by: joethefanatic (IP Logged)
Date: 27 January, 2020 08:02

Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
daktari

To be fair to Wray he didn't just walk away, Pearce told him to walk away then said to Vunipola that Wray was refusing to work with him and that that was his choice.

To be fair to Pearce, Wray refused to listen to what he had to say and had a pop at Robshaw instead. If Salaries are allowed to get away with destroying this season on the pitch, as well as off it, we'll soon have no game left at all.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net