Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: O/T Test Match
Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2020 09:20

I think rule themselves is a bit strong.

Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2020 10:12

Is our bowling attack with the Kookaburra that potent on those flat fast tracks in Australia? I don't know but have a suspicion this is a problem.

It's something we've got to solve but agree the batting needs to step up so as to apply that score board pressure. In a way it's the same problem. Do our batsmen know how to score big runs against an Aussie attack using the Kookaburra on fast flat track pitches?

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2020 10:58

In theory it's easier to bat against the Kookaburra - in that it facilitates pace but not movement. But our batsmen have been too obsessed with batting recklessly in recent visits to be able to cope with the pace of the Aussie attacks.

Again in theory with pace attack of Archer and Wood plus Stokes and AN Other or two we should have the pace to be able to bowl with the Kookaburra. So it comes down again to acccumulating scores.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2020 20:01

We have a real problem with spin as well. From first class down to grassroots and schools they don't seem to encourage attacking spin bowling. I doubt if we have a spinner in the country who knows how to spend two sessions wearing a patch so that they get the wickets at the end, or even wants to

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net