Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: O/T Family history
Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 11:45

Signore Burnioli.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 16:49

Correct that Simon was killed in 1265. Roger Mortimer was born in 1287 and executed in 1330, he wasn't H.D and Qd. but was disemboweled and left hanging for 2 days. In 1354 Ed.111 reversed the judgement against Roger. Roger's wife, Joan was implicated in his treason but pardoned in 1336 and had all rights and income restored to her. She never remarried and died aged 70, a remarkable age for a woman in those days

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2020 16:51 by IDLETIMES.

Date: 02 August, 2020 17:59

I bet Roger was chuffed at the reversal

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 20:22

Was there history that matters before yesterday? That's going to effect my tomorrow?

(Sm159)

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 10:34

Quote:
Roger
So what family are we talking of here as my namesake killed Simon de Montfort at Evesham and ended up being hung, drawn and quartered.
My 3 times Great Grandmother born in 1803 was from the Robbins family, through this lineage via Sir William born 1608. In 1514 Sir John(Bills grand dad) married Lady Margaret Throckmorton(the Gloucestershire mob......sob), whose Grandad( my 15 times great grandad) married Lady Elizabeth Croft, whose mum (my 17 times great grandma)was Lady Eleanor Plantagenat of Cornwall(are you still with me?)Her Dad, Sir Richard "the elder" Croft( born in 1400) of Worcester was the son of Janet Ferch Owain Glendower(born 1374 in Glyndyfrdwy, Merionethshire that's my 18th times great granny.)
Lady Eleanor's mum was Lady Elizabeth de la Barre, her mum Lady Joan(born 1347) was married to John Plantagenet, son of Princess Eleanor and Henry Compte de Barre of France. Eleanor was King Edward 1 daughter. King Edward was the son of Henry111 whose sister Eleanor(widow of Earl William Marshall) married Simon de Montfort on the 7th January in 1238........apparently.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2020 10:38 by tigerburnie.

Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 10:50

I don't want to disappoint you but I think there may be one or two ahead of you re inheritance of the castle.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 11:36

Quote:
tigerburnie
Quote:
Roger
So what family are we talking of here as my namesake killed Simon de Montfort at Evesham and ended up being hung, drawn and quartered.
My 3 times Great Grandmother born in 1803 was from the Robbins family, through this lineage via Sir William born 1608. In 1514 Sir John(Bills grand dad) married Lady Margaret Throckmorton(the Gloucestershire mob......sob), whose Grandad( my 15 times great grandad) married Lady Elizabeth Croft, whose mum (my 17 times great grandma)was Lady Eleanor Plantagenat of Cornwall(are you still with me?)Her Dad, Sir Richard "the elder" Croft( born in 1400) of Worcester was the son of Janet Ferch Owain Glendower(born 1374 in Glyndyfrdwy, Merionethshire that's my 18th times great granny.)
Lady Eleanor's mum was Lady Elizabeth de la Barre, her mum Lady Joan(born 1347) was married to John Plantagenet, son of Princess Eleanor and Henry Compte de Barre of France. Eleanor was King Edward 1 daughter. King Edward was the son of Henry111 whose sister Eleanor(widow of Earl William Marshall) married Simon de Montfort on the 7th January in 1238........apparently.

Oh crap! He's going to want us to start addressing him as 'your majesty' next!

Well I say non! Vive la Republique! Vive Madame Guillotine!

smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 12:31

'Grand Poobah' I reckon...

Date: 03 August, 2020 13:35

Orf wiv their heads..................................

Posted by: Roger (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 14:04

Quote:
tigerburnie
Quote:
Roger

That there's some serious research. How long did it take you? My nephew is researching the male side of our family (Mortimers) and I think he'd got back to around 1700 but then @#$%& off backpacking around Australia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2020 18:27 by Roger.

Date: 03 August, 2020 19:12

Sent you a pm Roger.

Date: 08 August, 2020 20:00

I guess once you get this far back we are all going to be related to some one famous from history, I've hit a rich vein of information, because they are famous the history is there.............born on the 7 August 943 and died 8 July 975 King Edgar is my 32 times great grandad....who'd 'av thunk it eh?

Date: 08 August, 2020 20:19

Mrs S is exploring my family history, it would appear that having everyone having one of 4 family names and 7 given names only differentiated by farm name is challenging, especially as all were tenants so swapped farms frequently.

Posted by: johnthegrif (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2020 12:59

A descendant of Edgar the peaceful, who had a few wives one of whom was a nun who he removed from a nunnery but returned a faulty goods when she bore him a daughter (Saint Edith). However the greatest shame in this lineage is that the bloke was crowned in BATH, he then called Lords to Chester (Sale territory) to swear fealty to him. This seems to show that Tigerburnie is the lovechild of Bruce Craig and Steve Diamond with Gloucester influences not only that he has Saints in his family tree and is admitting it publicly, the man has no shame!

Date: 09 August, 2020 13:42

Quote:
johnthegrif
A descendant of Edgar the peaceful, who had a few wives one of whom was a nun who he removed from a nunnery but returned a faulty goods when she bore him a daughter (Saint Edith). However the greatest shame in this lineage is that the bloke was crowned in BATH, he then called Lords to Chester (Sale territory) to swear fealty to him. This seems to show that Tigerburnie is the lovechild of Bruce Craig and Steve Diamond with Gloucester influences not only that he has Saints in his family tree and is admitting it publicly, the man has no shame!

Ahh you know me so well...................................( you missed the bit where his 3rd wifes husband dies in a "hunting accident")

Posted by: johnthegrif (IP Logged)
Date: 10 August, 2020 11:18

Didn't miss it just could not work out how to get a reference to David & Bath Sheba into the comment.

Date: 11 August, 2020 10:23

I seem to have hit the buffers on this blood line, Cerdic came over from Saxony along with Queen Withgar, born circa 460 AD and I am not finding much on their back story, I may have to try another blood line.

Date: 11 August, 2020 10:29

Priti Patel will have you out soon enough, illegal immigrant!

Date: 11 August, 2020 19:48

Quote:
Stopsy
Priti Patel will have you out soon enough, illegal immigrant!

Thing is me and our current Queen share the same Grandad...........so.............

Date: 11 August, 2020 20:01

Well she’s a kraut married to a Greek so obviously resettle Grenfell residents in that big house. Could save on the marching soldiers too. Out you go....

Not pure British like our Priti....

I think we should draw the line at the Brythonic Celts, they’re obviously ok as wealth bringing immigrants. Not sure what the ancient Britons or Goedelig Celts would think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2020 20:07 by Stopsy.

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net