Gigena away until December
Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 10:39

On International duties, I wonder who else we are missing ?

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Re: Gigena away until December
Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 11:20

I can only assume there must still be visa issues or by the time he quarantines it is not worth him travelling, if this statement is true. Chris E mentioned it on Twitter yesterday.
Argentina have said they will use home based players for the South American competition so until the extended international window starts at the end of October he should be available for Tigers.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 11:35

Isn't the Rugby Championship happening then?

Posted by: KevinR (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 11:58

The delay would indeed be because of the proposed Rugby Championship - due to be played in NZ. Authorities in SA have already said that their team may not take part and Covid-19 outbreaks like the one in Australia may have a part to play in whether the tournament goes ahead, I guess.

Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2020 22:05

well this is a bit wrong.
He arrived in Leicester today!

Date: 13 August, 2020 22:07

And wasn't expected until recently, and is still likely to miss a lot of upcoming games ?

Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2020 22:41

How do you know it wasn't expected until recently?

Date: 13 August, 2020 22:54

Man down the pub said do, but these things often change quickly. It would be nice for Pumas not to call him up, or even not to play ant games...

Posted by: SimW (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2020 06:48

Quote:
Tiggs
It would be nice for Pumas not to call him up, or even not to play ant games...

Not sure hed agree with that.

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2020 09:51

In terms of the isolation period he'll miss the first three games. (i.e. he is out of isolation on 27th August)

Depends what shape he is in whether he can drop straight back in after that or not. I'd imagine he has been training hard but obviously no contact and solo training is never the same, so at least another couple of weeks you'd think.

Personally I'd only have him as an outside bet for an Argentina squad at the moment. Certainly should be his target medium term though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net