O/T Wecome back
Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 13:46

We have been to Cheddar for a few days. The weather was glorious, over 20* every day and no rain until the last night. The caves are closed and the staff have been told, via e-maii, that they will all be made redundant at the end of Sept. The girl who told me got really upset When I sad how sorry we were , as she didn't think anyone cared. The caves at Wookey hole are open but some of the exhibits are closed. As luck would have it BBC South West were filming in Cheddar and asked me what I thought about the redundancies. I told them what I thought and about the method of it. The staff had been told not to communicate with the media and I said I didn't like that either

Re: O/T Wecome back
Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 13:51

I've been having Cheddar Ales delivered to my door during lockdown which are 'simply gorgeous'.

Cansht shay I'm not doooing my bit hic. I love you.

Posted by: Tom Paine (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 16:24

There is heresy here. Real cheese is ORANGE, and as you well know, should be served with onion in cobs. Why are you not drinking Red Leicester Ales?

Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 17:20

Everards don't deliver and I'm too drunk to drive.

Posted by: arh53 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 10:43

Don't like orange cheese - reminds me of Trump every time I have it. Much prefer the other local cheese of the blue veined variety. Nice with a glass of port or 4.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 12:17

Everything is ok with a glass of port. Since my 'water problem' I cannot now drink Prosecco, it irritates the lad and I have to rush to the loo so now I am on Rose wine.

Posted by: arh53 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 15:50

I new someone once who made wine from rose hips, but never tried it myself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net