Current Page: 1 of 2
How effing stupid
Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 19:35

Over 1,000 in stadium but all sitting in clusters.

Re: How effing stupid
Posted by: Willbur (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 19:57

But they have nice chin warmers on

Posted by: Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 01:17

There were nearly 5,000 in attendance apparently. Unbelievable especially with the current stats in France

Posted by: GT1 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 08:48

Marseille hospitals(just down the road) are swamped with covid so it's unbelievable so many were let in!!!

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 10:16

I don't know if it's actually right that they were supposed to be limited to 1,000, but if so and if it really was more like 5,000 in there then they need a big fine from the French authorities at the least.

Sports fans worldwide are not going to get back in stadiums if the lucky one's who are able to go flout whatever local rules are in place, and while things like social distancing could be hard to steward on the day (though not impossible), all clubs should have a complete control over the number of people they allow in their ground so they clearly are responsible if there has been a significant breach.

Date: 27 September, 2020 11:29

On the EPC site, the match result is shown and states: Attendance 4,800!

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 11:41

Quote:
GT1
Marseille hospitals(just down the road) are swamped with covid so it's unbelievable so many were let in!!!

Just down the road is an hour away.

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 12:08

The French govt limit is 5,000. The stand the camera was in was almost empty when shown on reverse angles. So 4,800 seems about right to me.

The games have been going on for a while now, football has the same limit and started in August. If outbreaks were linked to these games you'd think we'd have heard about it by now.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 12:36

iIt isn't stupid if that is what the Govt. allows . I will tell you what is stupid, in G.B. protest marches and demos. are allowed to exceed the rule of 6 as long as they are socially distant, but neve are

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 13:18

Quote:
IDLETIMES
iIt isn't stupid if that is what the Govt. allows . I will tell you what is stupid, in G.B. protest marches and demos. are allowed to exceed the rule of 6 as long as they are socially distant, but neve are
Totally agree with you on that. Ban all gatherings as people cant be trusted to do the right thing.

Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 13:23

Oh dear.

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 14:19

Let all the folk who want to flount the rules do so and kill themselves. Paint their heads bright purple so they can be identified. The rest of us rule obeyers can then avoid them as we go about our socially distanced lives.

(Sm159)

More seriously, there are folk who will consider others within society and those that just won't. And age, sex nor skin colour will exclude folk from either category. Some people are aware of what is happening around them and others simply are not.

If 5,000 are allowed into venues in France then nothing wrong was done. Would I want to be one of those 5,000? No. Although I'd have thought that ERC would have evened out home advantage but not surprised they didn't.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Date: 27 September, 2020 15:19

I agree if thatís the rule (5,000) but they could have been a heck of a lot better spread out

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 16:43

Or just actually spread out?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Date: 27 September, 2020 16:55

Well, yes!

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 22:59

Quote:
Toomanychiefs
Quote:
IDLETIMES
Totally agree with you on that. Ban all gatherings as people cant be trusted to do the right thing.

Hmmm... not sure I want to live in a totalitarian police state.
We're heading that way as it is with feckall scrutiny and no accountability of the leaders who just make it up on the hoof.

Think I'd rather take the chance with an indiscriminate virus than a discriminate politburo.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 23:09

Quite.

Posted by: Fat Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2020 07:01

What PrestonTiger said... I've had friends down the years that have lived in totalitarian police states, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

While I don't often agree with John McDonnell - stuff like the below is a good example of our government getting worse.

Government says anti-capitalism is extremist...

I think capitalism can play a useful role in a social democracy - which is what we have in this country. But it's not essential, has its flaws and frankly if someone comes up with a better system I'm all ears. But according to the government that makes me an extremist....

On the plus side teachers can probably follow the governments lead and break these rules, provided that they only do so in a limited and specific way.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2020 07:13

So basically 5000 is the rule and they didnít break it and goodey was talking out of his backside.

Posted by: S4llyC (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2020 07:31

Nothing new there as far as Goodey is concerned.....

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net