Current Page: 1 of 9
Automatic Relegation
Posted by: OhMaroItoje (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 21:01

Rugby pass is reporting that we are still over the cap and are facing automatic relegation...

[amp.rugbypass.com]

Edit: Can anyone confirm whether rules have changed as I thought the MAXIMUM penalty in one season is the 35 point deduction?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/01/2020 22:10 by OhMaroItoje.

Re: Automatic Relegation
Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 21:06

Just posted this in the SC thread, it's sounding worse and worse sad smiley

Posted by: Eric Browett (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 21:37

I understood you had to be under the cap for the year on June 30th. That's when the books have to balance. So we could still be over cap at present but balance it up as year progresses.

Posted by: ElephantJuice (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 21:56

Quote:
Eric Browett
I understood you had to be under the cap for the year on June 30th. That's when the books have to balance. So we could still be over cap at present but balance it up as year progresses.

You literally refuse to see it...

Posted by: digitalsys (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:00

Falcons fan in peace

If, and it is an if, with the committed arrangements with players, the salary cap has already been broken, then it could theoretically be a done deal, and this is pure speculation.

One other possibility is tha6 with player contract termination clauses, it is also impossible to get under, and therefore relegation is a done deal, the sensible thing financially is to dispose of assets (players) as much as possible as it is just going to be an unnecessary expense in this FY - most would probably leave as opposed to play in the championship as an england place would not be an option (as was with is with Mark Wilson)

You have my sympathy as I really believe the fans deserved more from NW and a bit of humility and admission of guilt would have gone a long way.

Keep the faith!

Posted by: ukms (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:00

Quote:
Eric Browett

Perhaps easier said than done to balance everything ! Maybe its been spent already or committed already and they are fd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/01/2020 22:07 by ukms.

Posted by: Stumpy7780 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:02

I guess I would like to say I am surprised but maybe the writing on the wall has been there all a long. For a long time now many a person has said how poorly run the club is when it comes to customer service etc. If the client facing stuff is poor imagine what is going on behind the scenes.

I hope that all of this is just BS but I cant help but feel that it is not and if it is true I do feel like we as fans have all been very badly let down!

Posted by: villagesarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:02

Now on the BBC news website.

Posted by: Paulr58 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:05

We need to know exactly what is is the judgement and how we have broken the salary cap,only then can all the speculation stop and the truth be known.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:07

Could make a mess of Englands chances this 6 nations too, even if a players contract is terminated, compensation would be required and that counts in the cap too, not sure how this can be easily resolved.....assuming the report is true.

Posted by: ninjafez (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:14

its not really massive news though is it, just the clubs trying to build pressure in to a situation that Ed is already aware of and working on. i'm not too shocked by this, even if this is true or not im sure some the lower clubs will be beating the drum to try and do as much distraction in the media as possible regardless of whether its needed or not after the cuts that are, again needed or not needed!!!!

re could really do with PRL releasing this report....

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Posted by: TOKS (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:19

Well I guess the only good news would be that if PRL.take action which they arent allowed to under their rules then we can appeal everything which also isnt allowed under the rules.

Posted by: mfc (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:23

Bit of a shower to put it mildly

Were currently a distraction to the English game and English team

Posted by: Buzzil (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:28

Allegedly there were two 35 point fines but they were given simultaneously rather than sequentially. That can be changed within the rules.

Do feel sorry for you guys as you have been let down by your club but surely subconsciously most of you questioned how you could afford that squad?

Posted by: TOKS (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:34

Where's that mysterious "Spokesman for Premiership Rugby"? He's normally good for a quote about now!

BBC actually saying we COULD be relegated if we don't comply with the cap this season. Sky Sports not reporting it at all.

But a very strongly worded article from Rugby Pass if it isn't true. And certainly suggests some leakage from a supposedly confidential meeting.

Posted by: Paulr58 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:38

Let me guess who has leaked the news ? There are one or two prime candidates !!!!

Posted by: BlackheathSarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:46

Quote:
Stumpy7780
II cant help but feel that it is not and if it is true I do feel like we as fans have all been very badly let down!

I guess this is were you see the difference between fans and "supporters" Not just there for the good times but also when things are tough. A general point Stumpy7780, not directed at you.

Posted by: Stumpy7780 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 23:00

Quote:
BlackheathSarrie
Quote:
Stumpy7780
II cant help but feel that it is not and if it is true I do feel like we as fans have all been very badly let down!

I guess this is were you see the difference between fans and "supporters" Not just there for the good times but also when things are tough. A general point Stumpy7780, not directed at you.
Something I thought of whilst writing this was the fact that many if not most of us on here supported the club when we were rubbish. Winning trophies is not what it was about. It was about the rugby.

None of us demanded trophies we were just happy that we stayed up or got a chance to play in the Heineken cup. It seems a long the way this has been lost by the club, it became about the winning and worse yet it became about winning at any cost!

I wont lie I have loved winning I have some great memories of all the finals that we won but when we look back what has it cost us?

Posted by: Sorry Sarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 23:05

We may as well focus on winning the European Champions Cup then!! Wonder what effect all this will have on Sunday in all seriousness

My wife and I are on the verge of splitting up because of my obsession with rugby.
I've decided to give it one last try......

Posted by: darktagnan (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 23:21

so the PRL are either looking to break their own rules or reinvent them on the fly in mid season to make a bitter ex marine with a failing IT business happy?

Current Page: 1 of 9
This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net