Owen Farrell
Posted by: #wolfpack (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 17:10

Re: Owen Farrell
Posted by: 1876-Fez (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 17:35

I know it's not an official statement.... but if true....good lad.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Posted by: David@Sarries (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 17:39

Exactly what I would expect from Owen.

I expect to see more of this from the other leaders within the team.

I love Brendan Venter; he takes conspiracy theories to a whole new level! Mind you, it is a plausible explanation...

Posted by: mfc (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 18:06

Farrell demonstrates why all see him as a leader

Posted by: Speedy-New (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 18:20

Whilst I admire this I do wonder if it is because he knows that it will be a buyers market out there and they would be a real possibility that he would have to take a pay cut were he to leave.

Staying means he will be paid the £750k per annum due to him

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/01/2020 18:25 by Speedy-New.

Posted by: BlackheathSarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 18:24

Good for him. The players are in a horrible position right now and they will need motivation and leadership.

If it comes to it for me the current crop of Academy prospects are almost more important to retain than some of the "top" talent. It looks like this repercussions of the cap infringement will even if everything goes well make the next two seasons tough and we'll need to build the future on this current generation.

Posted by: Roger G (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 18:40

Quote:
Speedy-New
Whilst I admire this I do wonder if it is because he knows that it will be a buyers market out there and they would be a real possibility that he would have to take a pay cut were he to leave.
Staying means he will be paid the £750k per annum due to him

I know Sarries management have done wrong and deserve to be punished, but I do despair that every piece of news has to have a negative spin put on it. Could it not be that Faz genuinely has some loyalty to the club and coaching team that have turned him into a world class player? Also, his salary is guesswork, not actually published anywhere.

No personal offence intended Speedy, just venting a little frustration. There is a lot of good about Sarries and the team members that is being put in a heavy shadow by the deceipt of just a few at the top.

Posted by: Speedy-New (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 18:50

Roger I don't disagree with you at all

It's not the players, the staff or the fans fault this sorry mess has happened.

I admire any player that decides to stay with them next season. My point is really I suspect a number of them won't have much option.

They (the senior players) could have all collectively agreed to take the pay cuts required to meet this season's cap. Today's news would then not have happened
None of those players will have relegation clauses (why would they) so they are still contracted and thus due their wages as agreed.

If however they decide they want to continue playing in the Premiership / Europe and leave they are going into a market that probably won't be offering salaries at the same level (due to the cap)

I truly do admire those that stay I was just pointing out that the options to leave may be somewhat limited.

Would be interesting to see the RFU's / Eddie's position if they end up in France.......

Posted by: Marlow Nick (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 19:24

Assuming Saracens are relegated but then bounce straight back up then the problem isn't what they are paid this season (if you're already relegated just take the money) nor next season(no cap in the championship). The problem is the season after next where Saracens will have to comply and under existing PRL rules there is the option to impose a reduced cap as punishment.

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 20:34

So if he leaves he's a mercenary and if he stays it's because he's getting a nice pay day...

Posted by: cwrich (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 21:34

No it doesn’t

Posted by: Convex Hull (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 22:07

Complacent? I am guessing that you mean complicit, but are too poorly educated to express yourself in English.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

Posted by: Willbur (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 22:42

Quote:
Convex Hull
Complacent? I am guessing that you mean complicit, but are too poorly educated to express yourself in English.

It was quite clearly a mistake, and we're very pleased that the panel accepted that 'Saint' did not intend to intentionally deceive or mislead anybody.......

Posted by: Innings (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 22:47

Given the damage that this is doing to rugby in general, I would think that at some stage the RFU and other commercially interested parties will finally get round to sorting out the mess with a finality in mind. Dragging this into the 2021-22 season would cripple the public perception of rugby for a generation.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Posted by: Stooperman (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 23:01

Well said, Saint. You stand for the decent, honest rugby fans.

Posted by: nicsue (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 23:08

Quote:
Innings
Given the damage that this is doing to rugby in general, I would think that at some stage the RFU and other commercially interested parties will finally get round to sorting out the mess with a finality in mind. Dragging this into the 2021-22 season would cripple the public perception of rugby for a generation.

This whole situation from beginning to, well now, says much about them. What was it Will Carling said all those years ago.......not much change methinks.

Posted by: FredFez (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 00:28

Just have to love the minority of so called rugby fans from other clubs who take no greater pleasure than capitalising on the hurt felt by the true Sarries fans and have to stick the knife in, imagine how we feel. Let's just hope for their sake that their clubs are never found guilty of providing one of England's best academies and accidentally producing a whole crop of England players that have to be paid for. This whole thing is a farce, so I suggest that Sarries now just buy in a load of cheap journeyman players like Andy (yes Andy not Alex) Goode, and let English rugby suffer. Of course we could carry on developing the talent through our academy so other clubs don't have to go to the trouble and can snap them up, because we can't afford to keep them, but what's the point?

PS I can't be bothered to respond to any comments, positive or negative, just wanted to express my opinion.

Posted by: maynas (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 00:35

But given its PRL in charge not RFU what can they do? PRL doesnt care about the England team that much

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 12:03

Too many ad hominem attacks. This thread will shortly be closed.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net