Re: 'Sup for Bristol
Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2020 12:07

Bristol line-up

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfX0HpaWAAEckq-?format=jpg&name=small

Posted by: OldMarovian (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2020 12:18

That's certainly a very interesting selection opposite a very strong Bristol team.
Looks like pretty much first choice pack and quite a bit of chopping and changing in the backs. Goode at 10 with Socino as cover also interesting.
Bring it on.
Also great to see Rhodes back and Earl on the Bristol bench.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/08/2020 12:19 by OldMarovian.

Posted by: NickL (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2020 12:19

So much for playing an A team in the Premiership. Other than Faz, Brad and Daly that's close to our strongest starting XV. Coaches must want to make sure they don't go into the Leinster game undercooked.

Posted by: GazzaFez (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2020 12:23

Considerably stronger team than I was expecting.

Interesting to note Jamie George as Captain.

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2020 12:26

Now this looks interesting. If we can stop the supply line to that very tasty backline, we could be in with a shout here! Proper rugby to talk about, awesome!

Posted by: Barty II (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2020 12:37

Please lets never follow this new habit of calling the bench anything other than substitutes or replacements. 'Finishers' is almost acceptable. 'Game changers' is cringey. System Players? What the f**k is that.

Posted by: OldMarovian (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2020 12:41

I missed that Gazzafez. Jamie as captain is a great decision.
Looking at both teams the real imbalance is on the bench. Front row especially.
Very excited to have the rugby back though.

Posted by: Static (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2020 13:13

Interesting balance for what is really a pre-season game for the Championship team. Good to see the mix of young and new players. Was surprised Manu was not at 10 really, but playing Goode as much as possible is not a bad thing.

Suspect we will match them up front for 60 minutes and then we'll see what happens after that. 2 new first time props on the bench will be a stretch I fear, but good experience for them.

Posted by: beshocked (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2020 13:19

That's a very powerful Saracens pack.

I remember when a few years back, Alex switched to 10 vs Bath away and completely outclassed Ford. Think he did it after being told 30 seconds before kick off as well. Will he pull off another incredible feat?

Goodey is so talented. Great that he's staying after a year on loan.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: 14 August, 2020 13:36

Quote:
NickL
So much for playing an A team in the Premiership. Other than Faz, Brad and Daly that's close to our strongest starting XV. Coaches must want to make sure they don't go into the Leinster game undercooked.

It's certainly strong but we have held back a few as well. Off the top of my head there's also
Baz,
Duncan Taylor,
Calum Clark,
Manu Vunipola.
+ Will Hooley and Tim Swinson to beef up the 23.

Posted by: Premiership Holiday (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2020 14:24

The headline on the Fish for Team News made me smile, not laugh, just smile;

Bristol Bears vs Saracens Men

My wife has told me that she's considering ending our marriage due to my utter obsession with rugby.

I'm begging her for one more try!

Date: 15 August, 2020 13:12

Watched the first hour of Quins v Sale last night, then gave up. Pretty disappointing tbh. Sale looked like a case in point proving you can't buy success. Certainly didn't look like Premiership champion candidates on that showing for sure. Rustiness after the longest layoff in the history of professional rugby doubtless played its part, but the quality was very average. Marcus Smith is very classy.

I just hope our game is a step up from that. Not long to wait now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net