Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Tigers in the City - Teamsí are up
Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2019 18:03

Because he is paired with Chudley every time?

As long as he doesnít make any catastrophic mistakes and gets the backs playing off the new beefed up platform then he will be fine Iím sure.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2019 20:57

Ref: Andrew Jackson
Asst Refs: Simon McConnell & Roy Maybank
No TMO
Citing Commissioner: John Byett

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2019 15:44

Awful. Just awful.

Date: 05 October, 2019 17:27

Genuinely one of the most toothless, error strewn performances I have watched in many a year. If that doesnít improve quickly it will be a long. Old. Season.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2019 17:40

So was the problem in the pack, half backs or backs Matt, I would have expected a better performance at home.

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: GrumpyDave (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2019 17:52

Tbf the set piece was generally good, but otherwise... ēēēputs head in hands***
Lots of half breaks that invariably ended in handling errors or turn overs when ball carriers got isolated. We created not a single chance worth the name. First up tackles missed again. A long season ahead indeed.

Date: 05 October, 2019 17:53

All backs with exception of Levi, who pulled a hammy later on. Shovelling ball side to side all avo. Was there one actual line break that didnít end in a knock on? Awful.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2019 17:57

Quote:
BathMatt53
All backs with exception of Levi, who pulled a hammy later on. Shovelling ball side to side all avo. Was there one actual line break that didnít end in a knock on? Awful.

I think we can probably put that down to the heat and humidity, shall I send Mr Hooper some baby oil for next weeks training?

The Levi hammy is a massive shame he was in real form.

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: Westwardbound (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2019 18:00

The tannoy is very indistinct where I sit so can I ask for confirmation we played against 14 for much of the 2nd half after a Leicester red card ? And finished with 14 ourself due to injuries?

Whatever, not a great performance.

Posted by: dcsh (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2019 18:02

Seeing the steam train on the walk back from the ground was the highlight of the afternoon really.

Date: 05 October, 2019 18:05

Quote:
Westwardbound
The tannoy is very indistinct where I sit so can I ask for confirmation we played against 14 for much of the 2nd half after a Leicester red card ? And finished with 14 ourself due to injuries?
Whatever, not a great performance.

Yes. We did nothing against their 14 men and then used all subs so were down to 14 when Levis hammy went.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2019 18:14 by BathMatt53.

Posted by: Rawce (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2019 18:12

Christ. Chalk and cheese compared to last week. Tigers incisive whereas whatever possession we had we would kick away poorly or cough up. Every time we got near their try line we would give away a penalty.

Levi Davis was carrying a stinger for a good five minutes before he popped his hammy. Why not change him for Jack Davies off the bench? Iíd rather a back rower on the wing than no one. Mind you, we achieved nothing when we had a man advantage anyway.

A step back from last week and worrying echoes of last season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2019 18:19 by Rawce.

Posted by: terracehugger (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2019 18:17

Total lack of basic skills.
Amateurish, ineffective, tame, pathetic and boring.
No obvious game plan apart from playing constantly from side to side without any remote chance of making an executed line break.
Too many stupid and needless penalties.
Far too many retired one trick ponies- Burns/Priestland/Roberts.
We will be destroyed by Bristol and Exeter.
Without a new and effective 9/10/12 axis we will only go one way.
DOWN!!!
Heaven help us all.

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2019 18:26

Very lacklustre performance and too many unforced errors. First half lacked any leadership better in the second but good moves tended to end up with an error and giving the ball away. Second half scrum was good and gained a pen or two.

Lot of work to do!

Date: 05 October, 2019 18:33

A pub team would be embarrassed by our ball retention. Itís utterly pathetic.

I donít understand how season after season this fatal flaw to our game still doesnít get fixed. Itís been awful for years.

To not score a single point in 35 minutes after a red card, at home. Another humiliating chapter in Bathís history.

*awaits some delusional saying I have an agenda*

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2019 18:37 by ballsout.

Posted by: dcsh (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2019 18:39

While we have plenty of out wide fire power to return to the team, the thing that worries me is that at half back that is all we have. No control of the game or imposing their will on it, one must presume that fly half will be on the shopping list again this year.

Posted by: Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2019 18:44

Quote:
terracehugger
Total lack of basic skills.
Amateurish, ineffective, tame, pathetic and boring.
No obvious game plan apart from playing constantly from side to side without any remote chance of making an executed line break.
Too many stupid and needless penalties.
Far too many retired one trick ponies- Burns/Priestland/Roberts.
We will be destroyed by Bristol and Exeter.
Without a new and effective 9/10/12 axis we will only go one way.
DOWN!!!
Heaven help us all.

Donít worry ! Stuart will have all the answers, after all these games are just ďpre-season friendlyísĒ
(Sm100)

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty
Adopted Player 2019/20 Jack Davies
Adopted Player 2020/21 Cam Redpath

"AN OUNCE OF ACTION IS WORTH A TON OF THEORY"
FRIEDRICH ENGELS

Date: 05 October, 2019 18:49

It should be Girvan Dempsey answering the questions about why the backs didnít look like scoring all afternoon (interception aside), not Hooper. Dempsey has had plenty of time to make some sort of difference to the team and they appear to be going backwards from what I can see...worrying.

Posted by: abendanon-anon-anon (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2019 19:18

Iím not sure Iím seeing the fruits of pre- season. Especially the the Dempsey influence

Date: 05 October, 2019 19:27

The whole coaching set up is a muddle. Always has been since Matson was forced out. Desperate lack of good, experienced personnel there.

Itís also pointless talking about getting a new 10 in. Players arenít our problem (though a replacement for kick-kick-kick badly-Freddie would help).

The problem is the squad culture. And Bruce meddling. And coaching. These players havenít performed as well as they should be for years.

Today was one of the worst displays in a while. Long season ahead.

Current Page: 2 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net