Current Page: 1 of 9
Circle The Wagons: Bath v Exeter Chiefs: Teams Up -including Roko
Posted by: Comeonmylovers.co.uk (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 08:08

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 30/10/2019 08:19 by P G Tips.

Re: Circle The Wagons: Bath v Exeter Chiefs
Posted by: joethefanatic (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 08:34

It will be a good test for our new, forward focused game plan. I am not overly hopeful.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 11:14

Having seen the Chiefs game against Quins, they carry far too much power up front and when they play their fast attacking, support running game from the whole 15, we will be far too stretched to compete. Quins lived off scraps from their pack but certainly tackled very well across the park and attacked with speed and menace, going wide at every opportunity. Smith kick passed a number of times and it caused the Chiefs big problems out wide.

With our depleted dispirited bunch of individuals, with no A plan of attack, slow ball easily spilt or given up, weak tackling, and even slower indecisive half backs, we are likely in for a pasting of enormous proportions. I have never been so not looking forward to a home game ever.

Look out for Sam Simmons who runs like a big centre and O Doughty who is fast and difficult to bring down.

Exeter by at least 20-25 and could be more I regret to say.

Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.

The Jink Joseph.

Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

Posted by: TG Kesmo (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 11:33

Quote:
Bathovalballer
Having seen the Chiefs game against Quins, they carry far too much power up front and when they play their fast attacking, support running game from the whole 15, we will be far too stretched to compete. Quins lived off scraps from their pack but certainly tackled very well across the park and attacked with speed and menace, going wide at every opportunity. Smith kick passed a number of times and it caused the Chiefs big problems out wide.
With our depleted dispirited bunch of individuals, with no A plan of attack, slow ball easily spilt or given up, weak tackling, and even slower indecisive half backs, we are likely in for a pasting of enormous proportions. I have never been so not looking forward to a home game ever.

Look out for Sam Simmons who runs like a big centre and O Doughty who is fast and difficult to bring down.

Exeter by at least 20-25 and could be more I regret to say.

Doomed we are all doomed - seriously why do some posters even bother getting on line if the scenario is always but always that bad.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 11:39

Quote:
Bathovalballer

With our depleted dispirited bunch of individuals...I have never been so not looking forward to a home game ever.

If they want to raise their spirits then maybe they should take a look at this board for some light relief!

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 11:49

The usual ignorant hysterics from Bathovalballer aside, I'm sure Bath will put in an improved performance, that usually happens with any side after a terrible game the previous week. Won't really matter though.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 11:59

If Baths pack show up well against Exeter that would be a plus. I dont think that BoB has noticed the improvement yet!

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 12:15

but did the pack show up against Bristol???

Posted by: jayeatman (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 12:15

An optimist at heart, I still find myself agreeing with BoB.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas
2019/20 Semesa Rokoduguni

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 12:58

Quote:
Bath Hammer
but did the pack show up against Bristol???

First half sure, Mercers injury cost us 2 tries, we were ripped apart by Piatau back from the RWC and Hughes.
Let's be honest Bristols backs were already on top before the yellow issue then they ran away with it.
Bristol are effectively at full strength at the moment, we are miles away from that. If this current team start to improve then the 'missimg' will make a massive difference.

The problem remains the half backs!

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: Ali1969 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 13:03

Last week was exactly that Last Week - We have a chance to put a few things right. Whether we have the belief and game plan to do it is questionable. Personally, what I want to see is a real reaction, a real passion and fight to show what the shirt and club means to them and us all. What I am concerned about is from what I have seen this season is the lack of game plan or attack and our defence is akin to "Tracing Paper" unless we sort this out we will continue to have real issues.

We need to change our mentality - I know the following has been bounded about enough but it is true - winning is a habit as is losing...small margins define both....

We need the Rec to be rocking and I mean properly rocking - something I have not witnessed for a long time - The players must play their part with passion, accuracy and belief and the supporters will cheer the team home....too often the Rec starts noisy then within 20 minutes it is so quiet you could hear a pin drop, completely negating home field advantage. Not to mention the sub-conscious effect this has on the referee.. How often have we come away from venues where we have moaned about a team getting the rub of the green in terms of decisions? Think what effect the home crowd had on some of those decisions and the players.

On another note I take it TF and Roko still not being considered or fit?? and Jackson Willison does concern me on a health note - As I understand it he unavailable again due to a head injury and given last years head injuries/concussion issues you would think he must be close to that stark consultants meeting where your long term health becomes rightly so more important than sport. I hope not as he is another player we have not seen the best of but health is so more important.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 13:59

Quote:
Ali1969
too often the Rec starts noisy then within 20 minutes it is so quiet you could hear a pin drop, completely negating home field advantage.

Have to agree the Rec is probably the quietest home crowd in the league, but it's difficult when the team offers us little to get excited about.

Date: 22 October, 2019 14:13

The people who watch it are hardly passionate shouters are they? Mumbling about some controversial advice in Gardeners' Question Time about the most animated they get. Should get a few drunk stags walking up and down the rows to get their 15th beer which usually livens things up though...

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 15:15

Friday nights are generally a lot rowdier than Saturdays. However, I can almost hear the collective groan now when a promising 5-phase move is ended by a knock-on. Cut out the errors and the crowd will, equally, build a bit of momentum.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 15:16

Quote:
BathMatt53
The people who watch it are hardly passionate shouters are they? Mumbling about some controversial advice in Gardeners' Question Time about the most animated they get. Should get a few drunk stags walking up and down the rows to get their 15th beer which usually livens things up though...

They actually get quite animated if heaven forbid someone actually stands up to applaud a Bath try, although admittedly this doesn't happen too often.

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 15:38

Quote:
Optimist
Friday nights are generally a lot rowdier than Saturdays. However, I can almost hear the collective groan now when a promising 5-phase move is ended by a knock-on. Cut out the errors and the crowd will, equally, build a bit of momentum.

5 phases? Certainly living up to your screen name

Posted by: warrenball (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 17:30

Can't remember there being any lack of enthusiasm or noise at the Rec when we beat Tigers 45-0 a few seasons ago (was it really 5 years?). You cannot generate enthusiasm that is not really there, otherwise you sound like the crowd imported on some gameshow.

Posted by: Rawce (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 18:58

Injury updates - Catt likely out for the entire season due to leg surgery over the summer, no further details. Deliberately no updates given on Max Clarke and Zach Mercer. Faletau nearing the end of rehab. Roko close to return, maybe in the mix for Chiefs. Gutted for Catty.

[www.somersetlive.co.uk]

Date: 22 October, 2019 20:48

Odd, Nathan Catt was helping with the uni anniversary game and seemed to be walking fine with water bottles etc. Gutted for him if true.

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 23 October, 2019 11:09

"For me to excel as a rugby player I believe I've picked for the correct place," he said after a training session at Sandy Park which saw him score a blistering try from distance." Oh dear. I hoped Stuart Hogg would be rested this weekend, but looks as if he will certainly play some of the game.

Lets just hope our wagons are very tightly circled and there are no gaps for the odd opponent to run through!

Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.

The Jink Joseph.

Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

Current Page: 1 of 9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net