Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: Circle The Wagons: Bath v Exeter Chiefs
Posted by: Banachek (IP Logged)
Date: 23 October, 2019 16:48

"Odd, Nathan Catt was helping with the uni anniversary game and seemed to be walking fine with water bottles etc. Gutted for him if true"

My lad said he's been helping them out/involved with coaching for few weeks.The uni team scrum and driving maul has definitely improved in the last couple of games ....maybe a correlation...

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 23 October, 2019 16:59

Referee: JP Doyle

Assistant Referees: Anthony Woodthorpe and Paul Dix

TMO: Sean Davey

Citing Commissioner: Nick Wood

https://pbflaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mToRbTHGUTg0zWMi8LNeOlOmx4tZHsH3crYbASv0X_qWBw8j30S9KV-RiZIf_AWoOZXD7D3Rjy1tYRAKXykpZSHuOObVQBiovPpB6PnDUuBM6xlx2F1yOjKpEBmWUfMru3SCm255j3p-CnndC7J9ZUG29r1BtfFWHHj-MdzDOpzBuTRTPqNaco8ctf1svZyW0?width=106&height=160&cropmode=none
https://pbfkaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mhxY1k8zrLn92LwcIYgSd1KcA6zBGX-Wgw2dNz8Us0xA71EhjMmL2tc-ggx7OlsBDECw8eAZ_oAWnNyh5doimzOEics5H87cuh5Q-Sb-ViPD6Pt6QUBneu5F2tlWLltGQZ8pd5qFmsZwbKB39L5Dki21gJfnsiaxLiCiuWPCZUjkXp4EttajzFAgcCl6YuDDF?width=160&height=107&cropmode=none

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 00:48

Unfortunately the analogy of “parking the bus” doesn’t exist in rugby so how we’re going to stop them I cannot imagine.

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 09:00

Wrong thread, delete delete delete....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2019 13:49 by B4thB4ck.

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 09:12

Wrong thread B4B -or have we some "injury cover" in our backs this week?

PG

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 09:40

Quote:
Bath Hammer
Unfortunately the analogy of “parking the bus” doesn’t exist in rugby so how we’re going to stop them I cannot imagine.

I think we'll find a way to stop them.... Well at least from getting their TBP until around 30mins.

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 09:47

For my sins i'm going to this one. I'm dreading the team announcements, let alone the actual match.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 09:51

Quote:
Optimist
For my sins i'm going to this one. I'm dreading the team announcements, let alone the actual match.

Thinking of giving it a miss, doesn't seem much point sitting in the rain watching Bath get stuffed.

Posted by: Boldangrey (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 10:05

Looking forward to sitting in the rain for 80mins and watching ....................................

Posted by: Trawling (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 11:32

Gotta love someone who complains about the lack of support at the Rec and then says 'it's going to be wet and I think we're going to lose, so I'm not going"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2019 11:42 by Trawling.

Posted by: TG Kesmo (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 11:53

It’s amazing how many “supporters” don’t go to games and then proceed to make detailed comments on how bad Bath were by reading an article in the paper or watching 3 minute highlights. I know some can’t get to games or watch on ppv telly but to pass unqualified opinion as fact is really not on.

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 12:02

Teams Up! Roko returns.

Bath Rugby team to face Exeter Chiefs

15. Tom Homer
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Max Wright
12. Jamie Roberts
11. Aled Brew
10. Rhys Priestland
9. Will Chudley
1. Beno Obano
2. Tom Dunn
3. Will Stuart
4. Josh McNally
5. Charlie Ewels (c)
6. Mike Williams
7. Tom Ellis
8. Zach Mercer

Replacements

16. Jack Walker
17. Lewis Boyce
18. Christian Judge
19. Elliott Stooke
20. Josh Bayliss
21. Chris Cook
22. Freddie Burns
23. Gabriel Hamer-Webb

P G Tips

Levi Davis: my adopted Player, 2019-20.

Re: Circle The Wagons: Bath v Exeter Chiefs: Teams Up -including Roko
Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 12:05

Rhys Priestland and Will Chudley again. They will be shaking in their boots.

Elliott Stooke on the bench again is a crime against rugby IMO!

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE BATH

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Tom O’Flaherty
13 Ian Whitten
12 Sam Hill
11 Alex Cuthbert
10 Joe Simmonds
9 Jack Maunder
1 Ben Moon
2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
3 Harry Williams
4 Dave Dennis
5 Jonny Hill
6 Dave Ewers
7 Jacques Vermeulen
8 Sam Simmonds

16 Elvis Taione
17 Alec Hepburn
18 Marcus Street
19 Jannes Kirsten
20 Matt Kvesic
21 Stu Townsend
22 Gareth Steenson
23 Tom Hendrickson

Don't recognise their 15 - is he new? He can't be that good or he would be in Japan...

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2019 12:08 by BathMatt53.

Posted by: Shadders (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 12:07

Quote:
P G Tips
Teams Up! Roko returns.

Well I'm looking forward to watching the match a lot more now....

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 12:08

Maybe there’s no viable alternatives but after last week I’m surprised Homer & Wright are selected. I regrettably have a BO approach to this one but there’s always room for surprises.

Posted by: Rawce (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 12:17

Yeah, can't see much more than an Exeter win sadly, especially with their bench. I'll still turn up though and hope we are on top form and they're off colour.

Posted by: dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 12:27

All things considered, it's a better Bath team than I was expecting. Mercer fit (will believe it when he catches the first kick-off) and Roko starting are a nice surprise. I think the bulk of the starting XV deserves a shot at redeeming themselves.

It'll be interesting to see how Levi Davis is managed over the coming weeks, given X-Factor. I'm all for the club supporting extracurricular activities (to a point), but if we get another back 3 injury and England make the final, we'll need a winger. Having said that, we could have JJ and McConnochie back, fit and rested next week. Still, it's slightly odd Levi's been allowed to take up a second career with the season now firmly underway.

I'm usually an optimist, but this feels like we'll put up a feisty, promising open quarter before, inevitably, Exeter grind out a dull win, with a bucket of tries from a yard out in the drizzle. Nothing wrong with that from their perspective, but I'm just preparing myself so as not to be too surprised by the same old feeling of damp disappointment on my walk home.

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 12:43

Don't expect miracles from Roko, he usually takes a few games to get going. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'll believe Zach starting when I see it.

I'm sure it'll be an improved performance, but suspect the Exeter bore machine will grind out a decent win for them.

Posted by: Awp24975 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 12:44

Quote:
dr.bath1865
Having said that, we could have JJ and McConnochie back, fit and rested next week.

3rd Place Play Off next Friday if don’t make the final.

Will be giving this a miss. Not sure I can stomach stood in the rain listening to that horrible noise their fans make whilst on the end of another loss. Not normally that person as normally will go whatever but without the World Cup contingent it really does look depressing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2019 12:51 by Awp24975.

Posted by: dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 12:46

Quote:
Awp24975
Quote:
dr.bath1865
Having said that, we could have JJ and McConnochie back, fit and rested next week.

3rd Place Play Off next Friday if don’t make the final.

Ah. Of course. Thanks. So we'll get JJ and McConnochie back, (hopefully) fit and unrested the week after.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2019 12:46 by dr.bath1865.

Current Page: 2 of 9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net