Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: Circle The Wagons: Bath v Exeter Chiefs: Teams Up -including Roko
Posted by: Rawce (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 11:50

Is the X Factor stuff live? I'd assumed it was all filmed over the summer and only latter stages (voting/money rinsing) happened later on? You can tell I don't watch it.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 11:57

The initial stuff wasn't - he was in LA with Simon Cowell and playing for the Bath the same day (ish).

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 12:16

Ugh - Priestland.

It is a slightly better looking line-up than i'd expected, but Roko looked well off the pace last year. He's 32 now so it's hard to imagine he will return as the player we'd love him still to be. Still - with RP/JR as our 'playmakers' - we probably won't get to see anyway. Feeling distincly bob'ish about this one.

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 12:48

I think I am ok with seeing those who might not have played well given another chance. After a stuffing the team talk should have been direct and blunt, no need for an awkward balance between confidence and criticism.

Everyone expects a reaction, let's see it.

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 13:37

Discipline needs to be key here. Give away a penalty on half way and it may as well be conceding a try to the bore machine.

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 14:06

Tom Dunn preview

[m.youtube.com]

Adopted player 20/21: Will Spencer - welcome home http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1597354200.jpg

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1597330055.jpghttp://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1597330111.jpg

Posted by: Ali1969 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 14:40

Very strong Chiefs line up, heavy rain forecast and JP Doyle officiating...Should be a good night.

Re: Circle The Wagons: Bath v Exeter Chiefs
Posted by: Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 15:54

Quote:
Boldangrey
Looking forward to sitting in the rain for 80mins and watching ....................................

Me too ! (Sm128)

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty
Adopted Player 2019/20 Jack Davies
Adopted Player 2020/21 Cam Redpath

"AN OUNCE OF ACTION IS WORTH A TON OF THEORY"
FRIEDRICH ENGELS

Posted by: warrenball (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 16:14

Its not a bad Bath team, certainly not our first team but how often do you get to field that at Bath regardless of World Cup. This should be a good enough team to give Exeter a tight game and winning must still be the objective. Unfortunately it is the coaching staff that will have more influence on the game than the actual players.

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 18:31

0 line breaks? 0 backs tries? Number of phases never getting past 3 or 4? Under 40% possession/territory?

Throw in some rain and crowds won't stay healthy for long.

Posted by: Rokobilly (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 19:21

Quote:
ballsout
Discipline needs to be key here. Give away a penalty on half way and it may as well be conceding a try to the bore machine.

This will be key. I just hope we don't start giving away back to back penalties again. Get pinged for holding on attacking in their half, then give away a line out penalty and its backs to the wall time.

What chance the Roko we saw against Sarries two years ago? I'd love to see him tear it up again and am not prepared to believe those days are gone.

Heart says us by 3. Head says them by a good bit more.

Posted by: warrenball (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 19:58

Looking at this objectively, the spread betting firms have Exeter with a 6.5 point handicap, I have long ago realised it is not comfortable to go and watch Bath having backed the opposition to win, but are we being collectively too pessimistic about our coaches ability or is this a great bet?

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 20:23

I wonder about the sanity and realism of some of our supporters. beating Exeter at the moment. With no A or B playing plans, no ball retention, little effective tackling and nil ball winning of 50/50 jackles, no kick chase, no driving maul ( I am sure Exeter will school/bully us here), no fight or passion we don't have a prayer. Oh no, I forgot. The returning super man who hasn't played a game for many a month, Roko is going to run through them and win the game on his own. Mind you he will have to win the ball himself as our forwards and half backs, centres etc are incapable on current showing of passing or working him into space with the ball in hand and a clear run at his opponent.

Why is a half fit Mercer named in the team or the slow,very expensive Roberts and the formless Priestland who was dreadful last weekend? Why isn't Stooke starting over the schoolboy Ewels? We need grunt and passion up front not nice vowels.

This going to be awful viewing, which no doubt we will be told after we have learned from, and I wonder how many tries Exeter will score. If you consider last weekend as embarrassing when we were meant to be revved up for a local derby which means so much to the players, what the ... is going to be the fall out on Friday?

Why don't we throw the game and put out our United/ Academy side like we did for Saracens away for the last two seasons and then can blame it on lack of experience and availability? Might even be a good defense.

Adopted player 2020/21 Beno 'the Transformer' Obano

Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.The Jink Joseph.
Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 20:38

Quote:
Bathovalballer
I wonder about the sanity and realism of some of our supporters. beating Exeter at the moment.

Ever thought that might be because they are supporters?

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

Ollie Fox - England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2019 21:23 by shipwrecked.

Date: 24 October, 2019 20:43

BoB, if there is anything driving our supporters insane it could well be your comments about things that were never said!

Date: 24 October, 2019 20:43

Mouth foam alert. As for 'the schoolboy Ewels'? Blimey you talk some tripe.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2019 06:54 by BathMatt53.

Date: 24 October, 2019 20:45

Well, we fell for it. It is a copy and paste job from the last 3 seasons isn't it?

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 20:51

The Chiefs will head into Friday's game knowing they have beaten Bath in their last eight games in all competitions, the most recent of which came in their Premiership Rugby Cup opener last month, when they won 28-14 at Sandy Park.

Says it all really.

Are you sure starting Ewels over Stooke is tripe? Will Ewels bully or put fear into their pack? We shall see what tripe is turned up tomorrow-in spades I fear.

Don't forget it is a local derby which we and especially the hyped up players want to win.

Ha Ha!

Adopted player 2020/21 Beno 'the Transformer' Obano

Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.The Jink Joseph.
Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

Posted by: beastieboy (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 20:55

Thought I had logged in to the Bath supporters page, but obviously I was wrong as there seems little support here only gloom. Come on Bath, you can do this, Bath by 8.

Date: 24 October, 2019 20:55

I know you hate Ewels with a passion for whatever reason but yes calling an England elite squad player and Bath Captain a ‘schoolboy’ is tripe.

Current Page: 3 of 9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net