Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Circle The Wagons: Bath v Exeter Chiefs: Teams Up -including Roko
Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 22:00

As an Exeter supporter I don't believe this will be as straightforward as some on here think and I am not sure Bathovalballer actually saw our game last week as it must have been a different Exe team than the one I and others on our board saw?!
We will have to play a lot better than last weekend for certain and Quin's stopped our maul at source which blunted most of our attack and our scrum wasn't perfect by any means. Two facets of our game which are vital to us. Win those battles and you can win the war.

You have a decent pack, certainly better than it showed last week and and I will be happy to take a one point win if offered now as if expected it is wet and windy it probably won't be pretty and scoring could be difficult so there won't be much in it.

Posted by: Trawling (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2019 22:01

Right, that BoB post has finally convinced me that the account is actually a massive wind up. Somewhere there is a troll with a massive smile on their face. Or it's a bot with a cut-price algorithm and limited vocabulary.

Posted by: OBinFiji (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 07:05

Repetition.

Posted by: warrenball (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 07:25

Not sure blasphemy adds anything to your argument Matt

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 07:55

Apologies WB, changed.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 09:52

Quote:
BathMatt53
I know you hate Ewels with a passion for whatever reason but yes calling an England elite squad player and Bath Captain a ‘schoolboy’ is tripe.

Agreed.
Careful BoB - you are sailing close to the wind on rules!

PG

Posted by: ilovebathtime (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 12:31

My concern for the whole season is 9,10,12,. Not one of the players in those positions for this game do I think are good enough for Bath to make it to top 6 let alone top 4.

For this game, I think that 13 is a problem as well, but at least there is a player coming back that will sort that problem out.

I expect us to be beaten heavily tonight, although I do hope to be proved wrong, and if we do lose, I could live with that if I thought that when the world cup is over there was some light at the end of the tunnel. The problem is that in 3 key positions we have nobody who is going to come back in and make a difference.

I really like the look of our pack (despite last week) and our back 3 when everyone is back I think is as strong as anyones, and it is still pretty strong tonight. I'm not sure that will be enough to make up for the shortcomings in midfield though wither tonight or over the season.

Date: 25 October, 2019 12:44

Looks like rain and 40mph winds which could keep it tight and even things up a bit? The box kicks will certainly be going anywhere - hopefully more interesting than the draw vs Sale in similar conditions.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 13:29

Didn't someone say professional players don't get muddy any more? Here's hoping. Bath by 15 kilograms (Sm14)

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

Ollie Fox - England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 14:12

The inclement weather likely favours them and their mauling and pick and go game (zzz) ... but, oddly, it probably means we have got a better chance, given our pack is likely better than our current backline.

Either way, it's going to be a damp night on the terrace. All I want is a competitive effort, which shouldn't be too much to ask for a home game at this stage of the season. But that's where we are!

Posted by: Danchinho (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 15:49

Actually Ewels was decent last week. Certainly got stuck into some tackles anyway.

That aside, I don't believe our rugby team is better than theirs nor the supporting roles.

Still, another opportunity for Hooper to learn something about his role and hopefully, no matter the outcome, that will pay dividends at some point in the future.

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 17:59

The forecast is indeed horrendous.

Not the weather, BoB's match forecast.

No such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.

Cant see it being a classic though with those winds.

Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 19:24

"No such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. "

Been to Norway, BB?

Date: 25 October, 2019 20:02

Wow this is rugby (and rugby watching) for the most pure of purist.

Posted by: Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 20:06

I know we’re at supposed to admire Exeter, their team spirit etc. But they really are unutterably dull to watch

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

Posted by: Broken arrow (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 20:41

Quote:
Toast and Marmite
I know we’re at supposed to admire Exeter, their team spirit etc. But they really are unutterably dull to watch
It’s pouring with rain, blowing a hooley, on a dreadful pitch, oh and I forgot, Bath are playing some fantastic running rugby !!!!!!!!!!

Date: 25 October, 2019 20:45

Quote:
Broken arrow
Quote:
Toast and Marmite
It’s pouring with rain, blowing a hooley, on a dreadful pitch, oh and I forgot, Bath are playing some fantastic running rugby !!!!!!!!!!
Mate - I am afraid that were it blazing sunshine, Exeter’s pick and go game leaves me cold even though It’s effective.

Posted by: jras6 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 20:48

Just an observation and query (I’m not questioning the legality of it and maybe the front rowers amongst us can help). Are the Exe front row, Williams against Obama specifically, going into the crouch phase of the scrum from a higher position than the Bath front row and would this give an advantage?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2019 20:57 by jras6.

Date: 25 October, 2019 21:01

Why aren’t we kicking behind them more?

Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 21:16

Our forwards are looking as direct, dynamic and powerful as I have seen a Bath pack in a long while.

I’m not convinced we will win this, our discipline is dreadful still, and lord knows what Dempsey does during the week but the pack are looking genuinely impressive.

Current Page: 4 of 9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net