Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Circle The Wagons: Bath v Exeter Chiefs: Teams Up -including Roko
Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 21:17

Dear Santa, for Christmas all rugby fans would like the referees to police the 5 second rule and stop these snooze-inducing 2 minutes to form box kick caterpillars. We’ve been good boys and girls (mostly).

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Posted by: Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 21:32

We may well end up losing this by playing too much rugby.

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

Posted by: Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 21:42

Well talk about a massive step up in performance!!! Brilliant stuff guys- pleased with the clear thinking at the end to close it out.

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

Date: 25 October, 2019 21:42

Boom! Well those weak schoolboy forwards certainly earned their crust.

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 21:43

That is a fantastic result, a great performance and brilliant, brilliant decision making and execution at the death. The last particularly is really impressive.

Posted by: supermarinematt (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 21:44

Really good 2nd half, good win and good bounce-back after last week.

Forwards worked so hard and Priestland put the ball in the right places

Posted by: JFPC (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 21:45

Do BoB and BO have any comments to make now?!?

Adopted player 2019/20 Will Chudley.

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 21:48

I am at a 50th birthday party keeping an eye on the game. As the final score came up the DJ played the Black Eyed Peas, great memories of past seasons. Great result, thanks team.

Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 21:50

We looked like a team tonight and while that shouldn’t feel like a step forward it really is. I was at the Gloucester game and it felt similar. As long as we all agree that the Bristol game was called off then there are some real green shoots.

Posted by: dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 21:53

A superb win. Awesome physical effort and, as hasta says, excellent game management in the last 10 minutes by Priestland, Cook and Ewels. Mercer’s try saver on Cuthbert worth being this wet alone.

Mind, when they bought Street - “an absolute animal at tight head, the match for any in the Prem” (BoB ) - on, I really thought we were toast... that was until Boyce tore him to pieces.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2019 22:02 by dr.bath1865.

Posted by: Long Term (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 21:54

Thought we looked a well coached and committed side. Top performance from Priestland. (Sm100)

Posted by: Never In Doubt (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 21:54

Really good performance from the pack. As and when we get quick ball then we show the potential to be dangerous ..... we just lack strike runners for the time being.

It is strange that if last week had not happened then we would be admiring the depth of quality in our forwards. As ever, consistency is our problem possibly because we do not have a dependable source of attacking points.

Really good performance. Thought Dunn, Ewels, Ellis and Mercer stood out in the pack and Cook and Priestland controlled the game very well.

As an aside, the constant Exeter runners taking inside tacklers out of the game needs looking at.

Posted by: BathHalfFull (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 21:55

Well done boys. I don't think many or even any of us expected that. He credit for the decision to scrum at the end there - I think 90% of captains would have taken the three points but that was very smart clear thinking in a specific circumstance and I'm delighted it paid off.

Date: 25 October, 2019 21:56

Quote:
jras6
Just an observation and query (I’m not questioning the legality of it and maybe the front rowers amongst us can help). Are the Exe front row, Williams against Obama specifically, going into the crouch phase of the scrum from a higher position than the Bath front row and would this give an advantage?

I know we have celebrity fans but when did we sign Barack?

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 22:04

Priestland great again, well done for beating up Exe which is no mean feat. Bet you're all happy with that

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 22:06

I can't say enough good about the excellent cool head right decision, confidence and execution from Ewels and the pack at the death. That's a real positive for me.

Date: 25 October, 2019 22:08

Quote:
hasta
I can't say enough good about the excellent cool head right decision, confidence and execution from Ewels and the pack at the death. That's a real positive for me.

Agreed Hasta. I am so glad it went his way as I am sure there were people queuing up to give him grief .... I like the way he stood his ground when Priestland politely questioned if he was sure too!

Date: 25 October, 2019 22:16

Quote:
JFPC
Do BoB and BO have any comments to make now?!?

BO too busy trolling on the Exe board by the looks of it.

Posted by: Barnoid (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 22:24

Much like last week wasn't the end of the world as we know it, (despite what I read on 'ere), tonight doesn't suddenly make us world beaters either. However, that was definitely a positive step in the right direction and bodes well. Re-introducing our world cup returnees and hopefully keeping on top of the injuries I hope will see us continue our positive trajectory.

(Oh, and let's all hope BoB feels suitably contrite, offers an appropriate apology, and keeps his bile fuelled, hyperbolic nonsense in check for a bit.)

Posted by: dannyf2 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 22:45

Well @#$%& me

Current Page: 5 of 9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net