Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Circle The Wagons: Bath v Exeter Chiefs: Teams Up -including Roko
Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 22:59

Congratulations Bath. You deserved that.
Not unexpected to me despite what many thought on your board. You have a decent pack, especially in these conditions.
Whisper it but you even beat us at our own game tonight.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 23:01

Rob Baxter! Thomas the tank! Stuart Hodge! Dave Ewers! Exeter St Davids! Luke Cowan-Dickie! Bath Oval Baller - can you hear me, BoB! Your boys took one hell of a beating! Your boys took one hell of a beating!'

For home consumption only.

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2019 23:26 by shipwrecked.

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 23:06

Had a fab evening with Lisa Stansfield at the forum and feared the worst seeing soggy, diconsolate bath fans on the bus home as i checked the bbc for the score. WE WON - Hurrah!! That is one against the head and fills me with hope and optimism. A 3pt second half sounds dull bit it must have been nerve shredding. I am chuffed to bits with that result, England now!! Well done Bath!!

Adopted players: 2020/21 A Watson; [20] T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Family . Community . Nation - [sdp.org.uk]

Posted by: jras6 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 23:06

Quote:
Never In Doubt
Quote:
jras6
Just an observation and query (I’m not questioning the legality of it and maybe the front rowers amongst us can help). Are the Exe front row, Williams against Obama specifically, going into the crouch phase of the scrum from a higher position than the Bath front row and would this give an advantage?

I know we have celebrity fans but when did we sign Barack?

Yeah well spotted smiling smiley oh the joys of spellcheck.. my humblest apologies

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 23:26

Had a change of heart and decided to go, thanks to the conditions the game wasn't good but certainly enjoyed the unexpected win.

Posted by: joethefanatic (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2019 23:53

Now *that* was seriously fecking impressive. Well played, boys.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Posted by: Rokobilly (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 00:08

Quote:
shipwrecked
Rob Baxter! Thomas the tank! Stuart Hodge! Dave Ewers! Exeter St Davids! Luke Cowan-Dickie! Bath Oval Baller - can you hear me, BoB! Your boys took one hell of a beating! Your boys took one hell of a beating!'
For home consumption only.

Made me roar out loud on the bus home

Posted by: Beergoggles (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 00:09

Superb performance, full of heart and passion and, after many false dawns, a thoroughly professional close out of a tight game. I was dreading going 6 points up and then spending the last 2 mins defending interminable Exe pick and goes on our line. To see us scrummage well and close things out was supremely heartening.

Well done Bath and a special mention to those in the open stand who must have had driving rain into their faces and laps all game.

Oh and commiserations to BOvB. Your team put up a good fight but they were outfought and outmuscled by a stronger Bath side. Better luck next time you miserable so and so.

Date: 26 October, 2019 00:10

Have to agree with Matt, the cool unflustered and authoritative way Ewels called for the scrum with 2 minutes to go was a bit like an exorcism! Clearly RP only plays his best rugby in the wing and rain.

England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 00:18

Well that was a superb performance and which hopefully we can grow confidence from. Very well done, and the pack at the ending, out exetered Exeter. Truly Remarkable and none of of us saw that coming.

No excuses now Bath.

I thought Obano was great and if we could get him running at the opposition, he could do real damage. Stooke coming on also engendered huge go forward, passion and a never passing me spirit. Saw Roko make 3 tackles one after the other. Truly great spirit.

Cook was excellent in the wet and was the difference belateen the sides as Maunder was totally ineffective with all that ball and protection.

Still wonder what Roberts is all about as I really thought being wet, his crash ball up the middle taking out tackles could have been a weapon. But no.

Hope Chudley OK.

Onwards and upwards.

Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.

The Jink Joseph.

Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

Posted by: Rawce (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 00:49

Yay for shipwrecked’s post. Almost as good as the win. Wow, we took them on at their own game and it paid off. To be honest, I felt a bit short changed by JP at scrum time, I thought we had the edge all night. Says a hell of a lot about our pack without our mainstays in Catt and Thomas and with Hatley to return. We will hopefully be turning and burning by February. Lets build on this performance.

Date: 26 October, 2019 01:00

Quote:
Bathovalballer
What did Captain Ewells contribute? Why keep Priestland on when he was having a mare?
There is no improvement over the last 3/4 seasons and in fact worse than last season if that is possible.

Just think we have Exeter at home next week! Will we keep the score difference under 30?

Quote:
Bathovalballer
Wonder what it would cost to bring in Pat Lam?
As for finishing above Bristol, I honestly wonder on some people's sanity let alone judgement.

Quote:
Bathovalballer
So what will the excuses be for the expected and deserved humping this weekend? The wind was blowing in the wrong direction, we lost the toss, the grass was wrong, the lights were in our eyes, and Exeter knew how and truly wanted to win the game.

Quote:
Bathovalballer
Exeter by at least 20-25 and could be more I regret to say.

Quote:
Bathovalballer
I wonder about the sanity and realism of some of our supporters. beating Exeter at the moment. With no A or B playing plans, no ball retention, little effective tackling and nil ball winning of 50/50 jackles, no kick chase, no driving maul ( I am sure Exeter will school/bully us here), no fight or passion we don't have a prayer.

Quote:
Bathovalballer
Are you sure starting Ewels over Stooke is tripe? Will Ewels bully or put fear into their pack? We shall see what tripe is turned up tomorrow-in spades I fear.

Sorry BoB but how much credibility do you think you have posting the above one minute then praising Bath the next. Admit it Ewels had a great leader tonight and put in some serious hits.

Not only that Bath's driving maul was a serious weapon, seems some decent coaching went on there between LC a SH.

Long, long way to go but that's not the only game the pack have looked strong this season. Of course you could always admit you were wrong and even apologise for some unnecessarily worded criticism.

Posted by: clalan (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 01:14

Well done gentlemen on a deserved victory. like us you will get your boys back soon. but today, in the conditions you fought hard and rightly won.
You will beat the new moneybags Bristol on the return match, with a bit of luck so will we against you.
All the bst

East Terrace Central
Our roads are paved with hope, and there are no stop signs.
"COME ON EXE!"

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 06:10

Bath captain Charlie Ewels: "The result looks great but for me it's all about the performance.

"There were a number of things about tonight. Being back in front of our fans. A lot of them would have been over in Bristol last week and we owed it to them.

"This is a very competitive league. If you don't compete and you don't perform, you're not going to win. We owed it to our fans - and we owed it to ourselves. Above everyone else, I owed it to BOB”.

Very well put by young Charlie. Ok I may have added the last bit.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2019 06:11 by BathMatt53.

Posted by: sirtidychris (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 06:16

What a game! Lived

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 07:27

Excellent performance. Praise to the whole team who played to our strengths and outwitted Exeter. Zac’s tackle on Cuthbert, phenomenal! Everyone worked hard but praise also to the tacticians who worked out how to out Exeter Exeter!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2019 13:11 by CoochieCoo.

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 07:42

This performance seems to back up Hooper's pre-season remarks about concentrating on our home games. I am happy with a fortress Rec strategy and nicking a few away results. If Irish can beat Wasps at the Ricoh so can we and I would really like to beat Sale away this year! Let's hope other results go our way today...

Adopted players: 2020/21 A Watson; [20] T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Family . Community . Nation - [sdp.org.uk]

Posted by: spongey (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 07:43

Really good defensive display. It wasn't perfect and Exeter weren't their best but it was enough.

2 guys who came on 2nd half I thought were excellent were Cook and Bayliss. I think we really struggled to turn ball over first half and Bayliss can fix that but he also carried well and hard. Cook had great delivery from the base and I'm not a huge fan of box kicking but Cook kicked brilliantly as did Priestland. Think both those guys have to start next week.

I think we still have attacking problems and I don't think even with a good defence like that we can win games scoring 13 points consistently.

But a good win in a game that I expected us to get blown away so that's promising

Posted by: Boldangrey (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 07:57

Did anyone notice that the Ex team left the field at the end of the match without acknowledging their fans?

A team sulk?

Not a good sign when their supporters had travelled that far and sat in the rain for 80mins.

Posted by: Long Term (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 08:34

Quote:
Bathovalballer
Well that was a superb performance and which hopefully we can grow confidence from. Very well done, and the pack at the ending, out exetered Exeter. Truly Remarkable and none of of us saw that coming.
No excuses now Bath.

I thought Obano was great and if we could get him running at the opposition, he could do real damage. Stooke coming on also engendered huge go forward, passion and a never passing me spirit. Saw Roko make 3 tackles one after the other. Truly great spirit.

Cook was excellent in the wet and was the difference belateen the sides as Maunder was totally ineffective with all that ball and protection.

Still wonder what Roberts is all about as I really thought being wet, his crash ball up the middle taking out tackles could have been a weapon. But no.

Hope Chudley OK.

Onwards and upwards.

You are just embarrassing yourself now! As far as I'm concerned you have nothing to say.

Current Page: 6 of 9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net