Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Circle The Wagons: Bath v Exeter Chiefs: Teams Up -including Roko
Posted by: sirtidychris (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 08:40

We out exetered Exeter, bloody great game proud of the grit and passion we showed, what a turnaround COYB

Posted by: Ali1969 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 08:43

Now that was more like it both by the team and the crowd well worth braving the conditions.

Whilst being at risk of being tagged as a 'doom and gloomer' we need to appreciate those conditions completely levelled the playing field.

Last week's debacle was in the dry and we were ripped apart in the wide channels and loose. Rhys was brilliant in the wet but there are still many questions in relation to our attack and defence in the dry.

All that being said what a result and I will take that all day long, hopefully this is will install the belief for the players and the crowd need to push on.

Come on Bath.

Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 10:10

When was the last time Exe didn't score any points in the second half?

Posted by: Long Term (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 11:23

Quote:
Ali1969
Now that was more like it both by the team and the crowd well worth braving the conditions.
Whilst being at risk of being tagged as a 'doom and gloomer' we need to appreciate those conditions completely levelled the playing field.

Last week's debacle was in the dry and we were ripped apart in the wide channels and loose. Rhys was brilliant in the wet but there are still many questions in relation to our attack and defence in the dry.

Appreciate what you say but I thought our defence , discipline and ball skills were good in terrible conditions and we closed the game out with confidence, things that we have been rightly criticised for in the past.

appreciate what you say but I thought our defence and discipline were good and we executed skills in terrible conditions and closed out the game with confidence things that the team have been rightly criticised for in the past.

All that being said what a result and I will take that all day long, hopefully this is will install the belief for the players and the crowd need to push on.

Come on Bath.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2019 11:30 by Long Term.

Posted by: Long Term (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 11:38

Ali whilst I appreciate what you say I thought our defence and discipline were good and we executed our skills well in terrible conditions we also closed out the game with confidence all things we have been rightly criticised for in the past.

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 11:39

Late drive home and this morning's World Cup semi have prevented me commenting before now - but: what a performance!

In skill terms, not spectacular, but after Ashton Gate this match was always going to be a test of character -passed with flying colours.

The pack and defensive efforts a tribute to the work of the coaches - and Ewels' cool at the end a real statement.

PG

Posted by: hemington (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 11:59

Does that humble pie taste good?

Posted by: ilovebathtime (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 12:56

Humble pie tastes very good to me. Really happy for cook. Would like to see him start next week. Priestland played the conditions superbly, not sure he is the player for a dry day, but on a night like last night he is very good.

Need to back it up with a performance next week as well.

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 13:49

At the risk of BOBing I thought Rhys got away with a fairly average first half. Will watch it again but I don't think he got us into the right areas of the pitch like he did in the second half

Still a great all round, well disciplined performance and to nil Chiefs for the second half in those conditions is impressive

And let's give Hoops and his coaching team a big up here - they got tactics right [maybe obvious, true but … ] and the players played to it all the way to the final whistle

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 13:50

Quote:
Ali1969

If you look at the long range forecast, last night's weather looks set to be the norm for the next few months, so maybe that's going to benefit Bath?

Posted by: bardofavon (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 14:29

a confidence-boosting win by bath. there's no reason why they can't take that up to the ricoh next week and pinch a win.
a sour comment from baxter at the end, who put exeter's loss firmly at the door of poor exeter discpline, especially with regard to tackle height. i thought they lost because cook and priestland outplayed maunder and simmonds.
my MOTM was tom ellis, who was everywhere. it was also great seeing roko back and getting stuck in defensively.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 14:46

Quote:
bardofavon
a sour comment from baxter at the end, who put exeter's loss firmly at the door of poor exeter discpline, especially with regard to tackle height.

I thought he was quite magnanimous. He started off by saying how good Bath were and they they played the conditions better and made fewer mistakes.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 15:07

Anyone know the injury status of Josh McNally?

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: Paul60 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 16:14

Thought the back row of Mercer, Ellis and Williams + Bayliss were all great last night and ‘throw in’ Underhill, Toby F and Louw when available - we will have considerable strength in depth.
Considering Catt and Thomas are not available also thought the new props Stuart, Judge and Boyce were quite impressive.

Posted by: TomReagan (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 17:20

I thought Baxter was typically honest and measured. He praised us, said we deserved the win but was fuming at how Exeter kept repeating their mistakes. I'm on holiday so watched on BT and half way through the second half he was tamping at their failure to 'play the ref' and thus give up easy territory. Apparently he ranted at the team afterwards, which isn't his usual style. You suspect Exeter will be very disciplined (and very good) next week!

Posted by: dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 17:55

Baxter was actually quite interesting. His point about high tackles is spot on - the players know the new laws and how strictly they’re being enforced so it must be maddening for a coach (and us supporters) if they don’t give them a very wide berth.

The one where their prop (Holmes I think) gave away a high tackle penalty on our line to let us out of our 22 was case in point. Given the field position and game situation, just go low, hit legs and don’t go anywhere near giving away a penalty.

Baxter wasn’t taking anything away from us. In fact, he made a point to say he wasn’t taking anything away from us. He was just saying how players know the laws and, whether you agree with them or not, it’s dumb to not follow them. I agree. Nothing makes me madder than seeing intelligent rugby players giving away dumb penalties and 3 points or 40 yards.

Date: 26 October, 2019 18:15

I agree, but there are some crazy penalties given, saw one, not sure of the game but he dived so low his head couldn't have been more than 2 feet off the ground, arm hit head in attempted tackle, penalty. If that is how its going to be interpreted there could well be some milking going on.

England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 18:51

Seeing your signature picture SW reminded me that yesterday was Beno’s birthday what a great birthday present he gave himself.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1597330055.jpghttp://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1597330111.jpg

Date: 26 October, 2019 18:57

Quote:
CoochieCoo
Seeing your signature picture SW reminded me that yesterday was Beno’s birthday what a great birthday present he gave himself.

Point taken I'll edit his age, you do realise it's actually Barrack Obano I suppose?

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2019 19:23

BTW I want to see a 13 man caterpillar by the end of the Season. One man on the floor, one for the box kick, rest of the team take 15 mins to form up a 50ft train while ref shouts ‘use it’ like Bercow bellows ‘order’. Challenge is whether the box kicker can clear the man on the floor.

I hate it. If I could change 1 thing it would be that.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Current Page: 7 of 9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net