Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 18:18

Well Mr Hooper bottom of the table and still no attack to speak of. Who is this bloke Dempsey? What does he do apart from fill up the soap dispensers at the Spa?

Sorry guys, the pair have to go. Every respect for Hatley but he is going to have to shore up the forwards, sort out the defence and instigate an attack. No pressure there then. Or possibly he may stay in Japan on the saki.

What were we doing try to play from our own half when a losing bonus point was there for the taking. Very poor decision and woeful on field leadership. Not unusual for Bath and a continuing thread......

Ah well. Did people see what Irish nearly achieved at Saracens? They got closer than we have done in years.
10th is looking over ambitious.



Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.

The Jink Joseph.

Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 18:23 by Bathovalballer.

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 18:30

Just when you think the day can't get any worse....

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: Barnoid (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 18:38

Quote:
Bathovalballer
Well Mr Hooper bottom of the table and still no attack to speak of. Who is this bloke Dempsey? What does he do apart from fill up the soap dispensers at the Spa?
Sorry guys, the pair have to go. Every respect for Hatley but he is going to have to shore up the forwards, sort out the defence and instigate an attack. No pressure there then. Or possibly he may stay in Japan on the saki.

What were we doing try to play from our own half when a losing bonus point was there for the taking. Very poor decision and woeful on field leadership. Not unusual for Bath and a continuing thread......

Ah well. Did people see what Irish nearly achieved at Saracens? They got closer than we have done in years.
10th is looking over ambitious.

Curious where you watched the game BoB?

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 18:39

I was there. Free tickets from a mate.

It was awful. Pointless listing how we gave away the bonus point in the last play by trying to run out of our try line. Or couldnít control the ball a few seconds before half time before penalty for holding on and try to Wasps right on HT.

Frankly a good thing weíre bottom. Hopefully the catalyst for a compete overhaul of this shambles of a club, on and off the field. Fed up with this nonsense.

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 18:48

Quote:
ballsout
I was there. Free tickets from a mate.
It was awful. Pointless listing how we gave away the bonus point in the last play by trying to run out of our try line. Or couldnít control the ball a few seconds before half time before penalty for holding on and try to Wasps right on HT.

Frankly a good thing weíre bottom. Hopefully the catalyst for a compete overhaul of this shambles of a club, on and off the field. Fed up with this nonsense.

If you had that power would you wait for the RWC players to return first and see what Hoops (or potentially a new HC) can do with them?

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 19:08

Quote:
B4thB4ck
Quote:
ballsout
I was there. Free tickets from a mate.
It was awful. Pointless listing how we gave away the bonus point in the last play by trying to run out of our try line. Or couldnít control the ball a few seconds before half time before penalty for holding on and try to Wasps right on HT.

Frankly a good thing weíre bottom. Hopefully the catalyst for a compete overhaul of this shambles of a club, on and off the field. Fed up with this nonsense.

If you had that power would you wait for the RWC players to return first and see what Hoops (or potentially a new HC) can do with them?

They havenít helped in years so Iím not sure what our out of their depth coaches can do. Genuinely donít care about results for the rest of the season, in fact finishing 11th or 12th will be better in the long run. The club canít go on like this.

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 19:12

Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
B4thB4ck
Quote:
ballsout
I was there. Free tickets from a mate.
It was awful. Pointless listing how we gave away the bonus point in the last play by trying to run out of our try line. Or couldnít control the ball a few seconds before half time before penalty for holding on and try to Wasps right on HT.

Frankly a good thing weíre bottom. Hopefully the catalyst for a compete overhaul of this shambles of a club, on and off the field. Fed up with this nonsense.

If you had that power would you wait for the RWC players to return first and see what Hoops (or potentially a new HC) can do with them?

They havenít helped in years so Iím not sure what our out of their depth coaches can do. Genuinely donít care about results for the rest of the season, in fact finishing 11th or 12th will be better in the long run. The club canít go on like this.

I understand but the question was about timing, when do you rip up the current plan. Too soon I would say.

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 19:14

Quote:
B4thB4ck
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
B4thB4ck
Quote:
ballsout
I was there. Free tickets from a mate.
It was awful. Pointless listing how we gave away the bonus point in the last play by trying to run out of our try line. Or couldnít control the ball a few seconds before half time before penalty for holding on and try to Wasps right on HT.

Frankly a good thing weíre bottom. Hopefully the catalyst for a compete overhaul of this shambles of a club, on and off the field. Fed up with this nonsense.

If you had that power would you wait for the RWC players to return first and see what Hoops (or potentially a new HC) can do with them?

They havenít helped in years so Iím not sure what our out of their depth coaches can do. Genuinely donít care about results for the rest of the season, in fact finishing 11th or 12th will be better in the long run. The club canít go on like this.

I understand but the question was about timing, when do you rip up the current plan. Too soon I would say.

For appearances sake itís too soon to do it now. But itís going to be done eventually. Has to. For the sake of this club.

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 19:16

It is so so refreshing to hear new and different opinions on the game backed up by reasoned analysis with examples. as a treat give us an example BoB to prove you haven't cut and pasted it from last week.

I'll not repeat what I said last week in response to our resident moaner because it is part of forum rules not to repeat the same opinion week after week. Suffice it to say that coaches and players can't coach and be coached if they are 6000 miles away. Everyone needs to be in the same country at least.

If the club start scratching around for losing bonus points at the expense of the chance for a result I would be very disappointed. 80th minute is where defences are at their most tired no harm in going for it.



https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg


Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: Trawling (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 19:21

I've got news for you Bo, this IS the overhaul. They've ditched plan A to give the job to Hooper, unless you know someone else with Dyson and Craig's money, they're not going anywhere. FFS stop asking for the umpteenth reboot. You can't invent a culture, you have to build it. We need the confidence to play some JC2 stick it up your jumper rugby and reintegrate the internationals, in the meantime, one-note rants on here are just tedious.

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 19:26

Quote:
Trawling
FFS stop asking for the umpteenth reboot. You can't invent a culture, you have to build it.

Funny, Bristol are managing ok. Theyíll leave us in the dust like Exeter have in a year or two, if they havenít already.

Talk to any ex player and theyíll tell you how much of an utter shambles the club is. And itís not bitterness, they left BECAUSE itís in such a sorry state. Nobody has a good word to say.

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 19:29

I bet we beat the team we are up against next week!

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 19:32

Quote:
Bath Supporter Jack
I bet we beat the team we are up against next week!

Aw bless.

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: Trawling (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 19:39

Well, Bristol are on their 4th? attempt to establish themselves in the Premiership. I didn't hear too many people lauding their previous efforts. They also spent a year playing much less demanding rugby in the Championship getting it right. Finally what do you mean by culture in their case? If it's about running ball from everywhere, I think you would have found lots of their own fans complaining of naivety last year and asking for a re-think: if you mean splashing big cash to get people in, that's ironically easier if you are under the cap in the first place; if you mean rebuilding your stadium, we know only too well the issues there and if you mean sticking a furry animal on the badge - good grief!

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 19:46

Quote:
Trawling
Well, Bristol are on their 4th? attempt to establish themselves in the Premiership. I didn't hear too many people lauding their previous efforts. They also spent a year playing much less demanding rugby in the Championship getting it right. Finally what do you mean by culture in their case? If it's about running ball from everywhere, I think you would have found lots of their own fans complaining of naivety last year and asking for a re-think: if you mean splashing big cash to get people in, that's ironically easier if you are under the cap in the first place; if you mean rebuilding your stadium, we know only too well the issues there and if you mean sticking a furry animal on the badge - good grief!

If you donít know what youíre talking about, donít post. Ask Attwood about Bristolís great club culture next time you see him.

And it doesnít matter what attempt theyíre on, point is since Lam, theyíre on the up. Their A side schooled ours last year on day 1 of the season and it set the tone.

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 19:47

Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Trawling
FFS stop asking for the umpteenth reboot. You can't invent a culture, you have to build it.

Talk to any ex player and theyíll tell you how much of an utter shambles the club is. And itís not bitterness, they left BECAUSE itís in such a sorry state. Nobody has a good word to say.

With respect most people who have left any organisation will criticise it and most currently in one will say things are fine.

We have had some good players re-sign contracts. I am not saying all is good, personally I think if the results were better the culture / off pitch criticisms would go away and that comes down to us needing a new HC. Hoops can take off the track suit with no face lost.

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: Trawling (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 20:03

OK it's official Ballsout owns rugby opinion and fact so everyone else can stop worrying. Tw$t!

And if last season is what you want to focus on, they ended up 9th and we were 6th.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 20:10 by Trawling.

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 20:09

If he takes the track suit off, what will he do? Put his pennyworth and tell a new coach what to do and who to select. No, he is and has been part of the no trophy aimless drifting club long enough and should know what is wrong and what needs correcting, if he knew how to fix it which, with his lack of coaching experience and being in a successful environment, is highly unlikely.

For example, how to stop crabbing across the field, eventually losing ground and either dropping the ball or knocking it on. Ball retention in contact. To get Bath players running onto the ball, not taking it standing still. These failings have been there for seasons now, so no excuse for not getting them fixed like other sides seem able to do. Also, all this after the longest preseason on record.

Sorry guys Mr H and the 'attack'? coach have to go and now or our Prem. status will be under even greater threat by Christmas. Without Prem. status we will probably kiss goodbye to our desperately needed new stadium as well.



Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.

The Jink Joseph.

Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: Trawling (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 20:12

Wibble

Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 20:21

BoB, you are intent on blaming Hooper who most agree is not a coach, I am proposing a head coach is appointed who can solve the faults you list. I prefer my constructive approach and no face is lost by the club, just a bigger dent in the owners bank balance.

Of course if the yardstick is beating Exeter then they might decide to give Hooper more time. If that is unpalatable then blame Exeter for losing to us, they must be rubbish.

Current Page: 4 of 8
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net