Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Teams Up! Build on the Buzz: Wasps v Bath
Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 20:31

Mr H is only part of the problem. The main one is the man or persons who appointed him to that position for which he is hugely unqualified, especially without suitably qualified and experienced lieutenants to support him. It is palpably not entirely his fault.

Adopted player 2020/21 Beno 'the Transformer' Obano

Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.The Jink Joseph.
Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 20:34

Quote:
Bathovalballer
Mr H is only part of the problem. The main one is the man or persons who appointed him to that position for which he is hugely unqualified, especially without suitably qualified and experienced lieutenants to support him. It is palpably not entirely his fault.

Of course. If only we had an international forwards coach lined up to help out after the RWC..............?

Posted by: Trawling (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 20:38

So as I understand it BoB and Bo's position is: any player who talks positively about anything to do with the club is some kind of stooge while players who have left have the gift of tongues. Is it just remotely possible that there may be some truth on both sides? Just saying. Oh and...wibble.

Posted by: Long Term (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 20:42

BOB have you answered the question where did you watch the game? BO how can you say you don't have an agenda when you have no posts following a win but make repetitious critical posts following a loss? Your posts may well have some validity but they are repetitious, overstated and offer no solutions other than replace everything. With what!? I think you need to accept as supporters we have no influence if we want to be thought of as fans rather than customers. Yes we are all disappointed and frustrated at the disappointing results but we have made changes and it is early days(the club can't change the owner and his decisions) . Why watch Bath if you can't enjoy the wins and get so frustrated with the losses!!?

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 20:53

What positives are there to say about a club regularly filled with big name players, thatís finished in the top 4 a grand total of 1 time in nine years?

There is a reason for this constant underperformance year after year and it isnít because weíre currently lacking a head coach in 2019/20.

Craig blunders by sticking his nose in. We lost Matson for that reason and he and Tarquin idiotically then appointed Hooper and Rock now. Thereís plenty more issues but thatís the top end problem.

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 21:04

There are some battles that cannot be won though. Better to influence and enlighten. Why would Hats come back if it was that bad?

Posted by: Long Term (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 22:00

Quote:
ballsout
What positives are there to say about a club regularly filled with big name players, thatís finished in the top 4 a grand total of 1 time in nine years?
There is a reason for this constant underperformance year after year and it isnít because weíre currently lacking a head coach in 2019/20.

Craig blunders by sticking his nose in. We lost Matson for that reason and he and Tarquin idiotically then appointed Hooper and Rock now. Thereís plenty more issues but thatís the top end problem.

This is the club we support, we have as supporters no real influence therefore I suggest all you can do as you are in such turmoil is to decide whether to support the club or not, ultimately that is all that is within your control. (To repeat we rely on Bruce financially to survive in the professional era like it or lump it!)

Posted by: Ali1969 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 23:29

"I would be absolutely fíing fuming if a team I played for, coached or supported booted the ball off the pitch while in possession and within a score for the sake of 1 league point - especially when we actually had that point as well as the ball."

Opt I am sorry but that lost point might be the difference between Qualifying for Champions Cup, Playoffs or even relegation who knows but history has shown just how important bonus points are especially come the end of the season.

I am a pragmatist and yes if there was an even chance to win a game but when you are camped deep inside your own half really!!!

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 23:39

Ali, how many times have Bath lost in the last moments of a match failing to hang on. Works both ways surely?

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

Ollie Fox - England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: TomReagan (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 23:54

Wish Quins had that conservative mindset- just one example that comes to mind of a game we lost to a side last season that went through several phases to beat us in the last minute. I know the cynics/pragmatists will point out that we haven't scored a try from our own 22 since Chilcott, Dawe et al were playing but surely you have to believe it's possible and try?!

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2019 07:14

I have an excellent idea. Since BoB has such intricate knowledge of the game, knows exactly what needs to be done & has considerable networking skills so he can tap in to a vast pool of disgruntled ex players, why donít we crowd fund him to get his coaching badge, although he sounds as if he already has it, and then tell the club that we have the ideal candidate for the vacant head coach role & one whatís more one who who wonít take any sort of cr....p from Mr H. At a stroke all criticism would vanish. Navanna!

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2019 07:28

Getting back to the here & now. Our players are still falling down like nine pins with many of them long term or season ending. I know rugby is an attritional sport & injuries occur, particularly HIAís but with us it is continuous. Is it just as bad at other clubs? We now have about one centre left standing & you canít win matches with such depleted resources. Joseph will need resting no doubt & that is not enough. There has been no sign of any benefit from the presence of Dempsey but he never has the same players to work with. We surely need a couple of jokers to have any chance of progress.

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2019 07:37

Quote:
Bath Hammer
I have an excellent idea. Since BoB has such intricate...!

Cue hilarious post from BoB referencing Old Prostates, beer, spas, Spurrell, Cooch and Dawesy.

Posted by: Ali1969 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2019 08:50

Shipwrecked I agree but it is the identification when the chance is in or not. You are quite right we have lost so many games at the death, often due to our error and not from the opposition creating, however we have all seen teams kick out the ball when they realise there is no chance of the miracle win and don't want to lose the LBP, this is down to leadership and on field decision making. Basically you know if things have been clicking but our confidence in these situations coupled with our backline would suggest leave with something.

Date: 03 November, 2019 09:20

I agree with Ali. We need every point we can muster now, especially as the so called lesser teams have improved and regretfully we patently have not!

It might be boring but for those of us who witnessed our near demise until Elvis scored that try, and had to take on the pragmatism of the Connolly years, we did improve and started to win games regularly. Trouble is we have never consistently kicked on from there.

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2019 09:46

Quote:
Bathovalballer
take on the pragmatism of the Connolly years,

Careful BOB! Connolly & his sidekick Foley got rid of Catt, Tindall, Balshaw, Lyle & Regan- many of whom came back to hurt us in the colours of their new clubs!

PG

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2019 10:07

I was hoping they'd kick it out and salvage the bonus point. You don't go from scoring 0 backs tries in 240 minutes of rugby to running one in from your own 22 in the last play of the game when defences are at their sharpest. It was painfully obvious we'd give away a penalty, but I was just hoping for a knock on.

What was more annoying more was our (typical and bizarrely longstanding) problem of not being able to hold on to or control the ball. We were in possession on half way with literally ten seconds to go till half-time, we should have slowed each carry down but no, lost the ball with time almost up. Scrum. Penalty to them. Kick to corner, try under the posts. Poor.

Posted by: TomReagan (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2019 10:21

Agree with much of that BO, particularly the management of the last seconds of the first half. As to going for a try, you work a penalty and make 40 yards and there's a chance, even given our limited style of rugby. I just think that if the roles were reversed I'd love to see the opposition kick the ball out and concede the win, and you do what the opposition doesn't want you to do. It only needs to come off one time in three and you're in profit, but if I had been there I'd no doubt have been watching it with the fatalistic expectation that we'd mess up somehow!

Posted by: Barnoid (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2019 10:35

Yes, yes, yes. Everything is awful. Bulldoze the Rec and put the coaching and management in stocks etc.

Still, credit where itís due to Ollie Fox who, at short notice, was promoted from the bench to make his Premiership debut, and ended up playing the full 80 mins up against Robson whoís an experienced and pretty classy operator at 9.

By no means perfect and things to work on but he didnít look out of his depth and will hopefully push Chudders and Cookie for more starts this season.

Date: 03 November, 2019 12:42

Agree Barnoid. If anything good came out of another disappointing defeat to an underwhelming Wasps side, was young Fox's showing. Showed lots of guts and seems to possess a descent fast pass. Now all we have to do is get people running onto it!

Current Page: 5 of 8
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net