Current Page: 1 of 9
TEAM UP ! TOPSY TURVY? BATH v NORTHAMPTON SAINTS
Posted by: Comeonmylovers.co.uk (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2019 11:07

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2019 11:51 by P G Tips.

Re: TOPSY TURVY? BATH v NORTHAMPTON SAINTS
Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2019 13:26

Going to be very tough in view of Bath's frail form, poor decision making and execution, inability to attack and maintain pressure for any length of time. From what I have seen of Northampton this season, they are a very cohesive, well coached, vigorous, side who appear to be able to strike with speed and decisiveness.

On form, we appear not to have much of a chance to win unless we can find the spirit and resolve we showed against Exeter. Lets hope we rise to those heights and even if we do lose, at least gain a bonus point.

Saints by under 10!

Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.

The Jink Joseph.

Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2019 17:57

Weather forecast indicates rain, so hopefully that turns out to be correct to nullify Saints attacking flair somewhat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2019 17:58 by OutsideBath.

Posted by: Aberavon Wizard (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2019 13:48

If it as wet in Bath as it is at the Gardens it sounds like a traditional mudfest at The Rec on saturday. The home teams rugged style may well overcome Saints flair.

I suspect a low scoring game with Bath winning by a small margin.

Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2019 15:30

[www.bbc.co.uk] Hartley Retires Through Injury

Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2019 18:51

Interesting your preview didn't mention "Big T".

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Posted by: warrenball (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 07:28

What a wonderful way to approach the weekend, hoping its going to rain sufficiently to turn the Rec into a mud bath so nobody can play rugby and feel that is out only chance of getting anything out of a home game against Saints. I cannot think of a season when we entered a home game with so little confidence. Well done the Management.

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 07:59

Bath vs Northampton Saints
Referee: Ian Tempest
Assistant referees: Hamish Smales, Wayne Falla
Television match official: Trevor Fisher
Timekeeper: Laurie Bryant
Assessor: Jerry Wallis & Robin Goodliffe

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 08:18

Quote:
warrenball
What a wonderful way to approach the weekend, hoping its going to rain sufficiently to turn the Rec into a mud bath so nobody can play rugby and feel that is out only chance of getting anything out of a home game against Saints. I cannot think of a season when we entered a home game with so little confidence. Well done the Management.

Youíre right. Thereís no way we should be thinking like that but having been turned over by two fairly mediocre teams & only able to put out a considerably depleted team thereís no way of avoiding it. Saints have had a few years off but now look back to their best. Sadly we canít even recall a time when we were at our best apart from one fleeting season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2019 08:19 by Bath Hammer.

Posted by: JFPC (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 09:19

Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
warrenball

Youíre right. Thereís no way we should be thinking like that but having been turned over by two fairly mediocre teams & only able to put out a considerably depleted team thereís no way of avoiding it. Saints have had a few years off but now look back to their best. Sadly we canít even recall a time when we were at our best apart from one fleeting season.

Was that the season we were (probably) breaking the salary cap.

Adopted player 2019/20 Will Chudley. Weird split household co-parented
player 2020 Josh Matavesi

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 09:25

Nope, we weren't

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 12:01

Team:

BATH RUGBY TEAM TO FACE NORTHAMPTON SAINTS

15. Freddie Burns

14. Semesa Rokoduguni

13. Max Wright

12. Jamie Roberts

11. Aled Brew

10. Rhys Priestland

9. Will Chudley

1. Beno Obano

2. Tom Dunn

3. Will Stuart

4. Josh McNally

5. Charlie Ewels

6. Tom Ellis

7. Josh Bayliss

8. Zach Mercer

Replacements

16. Jack Walker

17. Lewis Boyce

18. Christian Judge

19. Elliott Stooke

20. Mike Williams

21. Chris Cook

22. Jackson Willison

23. Gabriel Hamer-Webb

P G Tips

Josh Bayliss: my adopted Player, 2019-20.

Re: TEAM UP ! TOPSY TURVY? BATH v NORTHAMPTON SAINTS
Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 12:03

Supporters are a funny breed, especially opposition ones who come on here and moan that one of their players wasn't mentioned in our preview.

Might go over and ask why Will Chudley wasn't mentioned in theirs.

Posted by: abendanon-anon-anon (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 12:12

Score prediction process:
On paper, our team is slightly better team than the one that faced wasps, so margin of defeat may not be as bad.
There again, I'd say saints are much better than Wasps at the mo, so balanced out.
Similar score to last week then

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 12:18

After the group stages some clubs had their RWC players straight back in match day 23 on argument they had done no more than they would have done had they been playing in the Prem

None of ours are. I can understand not Watson or Underhill but Joe and RMc haven't played a game for some weeks and JJ has only had fleeting game time. How come?

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 12:18

Quote:
Chris Hoddle
Interesting your preview didn't mention "Big T".

Quote:
ballsout
Supporters are a funny breed, especially opposition ones who come on here and moan

'Supporters are a funny breed' - in his 10,381st post, bo finally nails it.

Posted by: JFPC (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 12:26

Quote:
ballsout
Supporters are a funny breed, especially opposition ones who come on here and moan that one of their players wasn't mentioned in our preview.
Might go over and ask why Will Chudley wasn't mentioned in theirs.

Stop looking for fights all the time, you don't come across well. You would do well to remember the adage that 'sometimes it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool that open your mouth and remove all doubt'

Adopted player 2019/20 Will Chudley. Weird split household co-parented
player 2020 Josh Matavesi

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 12:29

Quote:
gaz59
Joe and RMc haven't played a game for some weeks and JJ has only had fleeting game time. How come?

I think it will take them a while to get up to speed with the intricacies of our back moves.

No - that doesn't work. They're jet-lagged? Eddie has trained them to oblivion. They've signed for Sarries?

Posted by: Blue Brum (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 12:34

LOL! brilliant Opti

what backs moves..it appears to be pass, pass, pass, pass, oh@#$%&there is the touch line, panic, panic, kick!

Posted by: Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2019 12:35

Quote:
Optimist
Quote:
gaz59
Joe and RMc haven't played a game for some weeks and JJ has only had fleeting game time. How come?

I think it will take them a while to get up to speed with the intricacies of our back moves.

No - that doesn't work. They're jet-lagged? Eddie has trained them to oblivion. They've signed for Sarries?

They're too busy checking the terms of their investment contracts.

Current Page: 1 of 9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net