Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: TEAM UP ! TOPSY TURVY? BATH v NORTHAMPTON SAINTS
Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2019 11:21

While Ewels has been (rightly, i'm sure) receiving a lot of plaudits for his captaincy, the exchange with Tempest as he explains why he's about to red card Brew really isn't designed to endear him with refs. As Tempest is talking, you can hear Ewels saying directly to the ref to try to engage him: 'Mate ... mate' and then turning his head away a bit contemptuously and then shaking his head when the card comes out.

Call me old-fashioned, but I think the word he's looking for is: 'Sir'.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2019 11:26

Quote:
Optimist
While Ewels has been (rightly, i'm sure) receiving a lot of plaudits for his captaincy, the exchange with Tempest as he explains why he's about to red card Brew really isn't designed to endear him with refs. As Tempest is talking, you can hear Ewels saying directly to the ref to try to engage him: 'Mate ... mate' and then turning his head away a bit contemptuously and then shaking his head when the card comes out.
Call me old-fashioned, but I think the word he's looking for is: 'Sir'.

You are old fashioned. (Sm100)

...although I thought that was quite 'familiar' too...although refs are doing the same, Doyle was calling Roko 'Roko' the other day.

I saw the contemptuous shake of the head as an 'oh no'-type sigh.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2019 11:30

I thought Freddie had a great game all round at FB [perhaps there is something in his initials??]. His cover defence tackling has been exceptional at times, witness the great try saving effort against Chiefs also

Date: 12 November, 2019 11:34

Quote:
Old Bath Tub
Team of the week from Chris Foy includes Freddie Burns

Just about sums up Freddie's lot since he arrived at Bath. Forces his way into the starting XV, puts in a strong performance, and has absolutely zero chance of keeping his place for next Saturday.

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2019 11:41

Back to his initials then, Freddie Benchwarmer?

His grubber kick through for Brew could so easily have been a 7 pointer starting from inside own 22 rather than the red card, it was right on the spot

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2019 12:03

Quote:
Optimist
Quote:
Old Bath Tub
Team of the week from Chris Foy includes Freddie Burns

Just about sums up Freddie's lot since he arrived at Bath. Forces his way into the starting XV, puts in a strong performance, and has absolutely zero chance of keeping his place for next Saturday.

I can only see Joe C and Rory being selected myself, Underhill, Flouw Watson and probably JJ rested I'd have thought.

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: Armchair Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2019 13:11

Quote:
BathMatt53
The more ‘spruning’ the better IMO!
In relation to Burns, there will be 2 on the field this weekend - wonder if they will both play 15?

Gah!(Sm106)smileys with beer

I like turtles.

Date: 12 November, 2019 13:25

'Spruning' - is that when you decide against trimming your bush?

Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2019 13:31

...is that the new name for 'Brazilian'?

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2019 17:22

Opti I am with you but relative to me you are bang on current street trends!!!!

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2019 13:33

We really weren't at the races at the weekend. I don't think the pitch helped us as our scrum is not our strength but can't have any arguments about the result. You were overall the better side and I thought deserved the win and the early try gave us a bit of false hope.

Sadly, final passes didn't go to hand for us, had they have done i think we'd have got a couple more tries but it wasn't to be.

The red was unlucky. Clearly no malice in the challenge but I don't think the ref had much option. It was a forearm to the throat. As for someone commenting that Furbank 'took a dive', the fact that he went off and played no further part suggests different.

I'm not sure that Woods try should have stood; I think we got lucky there. It was at the opposite end of the pitch and we couldn't really see the screen, but on Reflink, Tempest almost immediately commented that he'd seen grounding and that his on field decision was a Try. There didn't seem to be many people around us with the Reflink, just lots of incorrect guessing.

I know we got booked twice, but the last 10 minutes of scrumming got tedious and some of the decisions looked to be stumping Tempest leading to him guessing. I thought your Loosehead lost his footing which caused the scrum to collapse which lead to Hill's yellow.

Overall, you deserved the win but on another day I think we could have got a result. Look forward to welcoming you all to the Gardens

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2019 14:23

We should have about 7 internationals back in April so should have a bit more bite.

I think that Furbank did come back on later in the game - 61 mins for ‘big T’.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Current Page: 9 of 9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net