Gatland's autobiog
Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2019 15:36

Not sure this is very gracious .... what is he saying - what a great coach he was to get so much from their second-rate players?

"I went through an exercise in my mind and looked at the two squads (England/Wales) at this World Cup and thought - how many of our players would make the England squad, and I thought - maybe eight or nine."

Re: Gatland's autobiog
Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2019 18:02

That looks set to drop with Wales set to be without Jonathon Davies and Rhys Patchel for the 6N!

Looks like Wales will really struggle!

https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2019 19:28 by shipwrecked.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2019 19:52

On this weeks podcast Ugo asks Gatland to name 5 players that he would pick for the lions if he was going tomorrow - all 5 were Englishmen.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Date: 12 November, 2019 23:18

Interesting listening, I didn't realise how highly thought of Paul Stridgeon was and how important he has been to Welsh conditioning.

Ashton was a really poor apology of a pundit, offered only condoning of Sarries actions and completely unable to be objective. Getting a little tired now of his jibes at Danny Care to be honest.

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Posted by: Cowshed Denizen (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2019 08:39

Quote:
shipwrecked
That looks set to drop with Wales set to be without Jonathon Davies and Rhys Patchel for the 6N!

Do I detect a certain amount of glee in this post? Poor form if so.

I always want Wales to beat England, but would never take pleasure in English players getting injured. I'd rather Wales beat the best England have to offer.

Date: 13 November, 2019 08:59

Quote:
Cowshed Denizen
Quote:
shipwrecked

I always want Wales to beat England, but would never take pleasure in English players getting injured. I'd rather Wales beat the best England have to offer.

No not glee CD, I live in Wales so I'm across rugby here. Just look at where they are though, who plays 10, no Biggar, (not enough caps), Anscombe, Patchell so who? Sam Davies who has been out of the loop.
No Jonathon Davies best back, no Gatland or Edwards, new coach, Rob Howley decision soon only redeeming factor is Josh Adams.

I want an English win of course but its rugby news. A bit more......watch out for France!

Posted by: Cowshed Denizen (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2019 10:08

Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
Cowshed Denizen
Quote:
shipwrecked

No not glee CD, I live in Wales so I'm across rugby here. Just look at where they are though, who plays 10, no Biggar, (not enough caps), Anscombe, Patchell so who? Sam Davies who has been out of the loop.
No Jonathon Davies best back, no Gatland or Edwards, new coach, Rob Howley decision soon only redeeming factor is Josh Adams.

I want an English win of course but its rugby news. A bit more......watch out for France!

Fair enough.

Jarrod Evans was involved in the World Cup training camps, so presumably he's next cab off the rank. Lovely runner and gets a backline going, but am concerned about his game control and defence.

After him & Sam Davies though, the cupboard is looking fairly empty. Too soon for Ioan Lloyd at Bristol or Ben Thomas at Cardiff RFC.

Agree about France - especially if Shaun Edwards can get their defence sorted!

Posted by: cb2 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2019 11:12

I am not sure about Ntamack. I can see him becoming flaky under pressure. The 9 is good and Penaud has it all but I would worry about having Ntamack as my general for the next 4 years. I would be tempted to do a Mike Catt with him and push him out to 12 at international level.

Date: 13 November, 2019 11:18

Possibly, but France's problem position has been 10, he fills that gap, is young (20) has good pedigree and has time to develop. If the don't leak tries which Edwards should solve then they become a different proposition with their big pack.

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2019 15:30

Shame about Patchell, thought he looked good in the RWC when he came on, played flat and drew the defence before passing. Shoulders are tricky and can't be rushed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net