Aled Brew 3 weeks
Posted by: Saintsby (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 11:04

Independent panel chair Dan White said:

"The panel did not accept that this was a reckless action by the player. "It was a deliberate action that was completely avoidable;

Is that an apology I hear from the barf boo boys, and girls for the very poor behaviour from the deserved red card and subsequent penalty kick to touch................................waiting.............still waiting....
............ahh thought not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/11/2019 11:07 by Saintsby.

Re: Aled Brew 3 weeks
Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 11:09

Quote:
Saintsby
Independent panel chair Dan White said:
"The panel did not accept that this was a reckless action by the player. "It was a deliberate action that was completely avoidable;

Is that an apology I hear from the barf boo boys, and girls for the very poor behaviour from the deserved red card and subsequent penalty kick (and miss before anyone points it out) waiting.............
............ahh thought not.

Blimey, still salty about getting pwned in the scrums then? Wipe away those tears and look forwards, not backwards.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Posted by: Rawce (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 11:23

I'll apologise when Furbank puts his hand up and apologises for the "reckless, deliberate action" in taking Brew out that caused the problem in the first place.

Posted by: Saintsby (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 11:27

No tears from me Matt old chap just deplore the chiseling away at certain standards like respect kickers which if you vist FG you will find (mostly and any silly 'intervention' during kicks challenged by our pa) No you rallied and beat us in the scrum fair n square an area we will have to improve. Mind playing on the world champion mud wrestling pit didn't help! winking smiley When you come up to FG and we play you on a proper pitch as a fellow saint said we will tonk you.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 11:36

Quote:
Rawce
I'll apologise when Furbank puts his hand up and apologises for the "reckless, deliberate action" in taking Brew out that caused the problem in the first place.

(Sm22)

Also milking the contact and going down like a sack of spuds.

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 11:41

Quote:
Rawce

Presumably he was sited then. When's the hearing?

Posted by: Griff (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 11:42

Never a red and never a ban. Aled must have forgotten to take decent biscuits!

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

Miles Reid Adopted Player 2019/20

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 11:45

If he hadn't raised his arm it would have increased the likelihood that they just clashed heads - almost impossible to over-ride that instinct. But - he should have been looking to run round him. That's the instinct - to milk a penalty, rather than accept that the defender is entitled to stand his ground and that if you kick ahead, you may have to take the long way round - that players have to overcome.

Date: 15 November, 2019 12:50

Quote:
SimonG19
Well, he was sited on the ground after the collision. Not sure on his hearing, as the elbow caught him in the throat. Maybe they checked that during his HIA?

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 13:04

Quote:
Saintsby
No tears from me Matt old chap just deplore the chiseling away at certain standards like respect kickers which if you vist FG you will find (mostly and any silly 'intervention' during kicks challenged by our pa) No you rallied and beat us in the scrum fair n square an area we will have to improve. Mind playing on the world champion mud wrestling pit didn't help! winking smiley When you come up to FG and we play you on a proper pitch as a fellow saint said we will tonk you.

..and booing the ref when cards are issued presumably?

[www.northamptonchron.co.uk]

There was then a real flashpoint as Saracens replacement Watson was red carded for kicking Symons in the head after the Saints centre had held on to his ankle at a breakdown.

Boos rang out as Symons was yellow carded for his part in the incident, meaning Saints would not have a man advantage until the final two minutes of the match.

As for the return game, well only time will tell us that. ..

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 13:05

Quote:
Rawce
Quote:
SimonG19
Well, he was sited on the ground after the collision. Not sure on his hearing, as the elbow caught him in the throat. Maybe they checked that during his HIA?

An HIA he passed incidentally. He got 3 weeks for putting his arm up at the last minute, if its up 5 seconds prior to impact that is deliberate. Inevitable decision but in no way malicious, the initial impact was chest incidentally and rode up.

https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 13:40

There was a genuine belief around me that it was a 50:50 collision (unfortunately the replays the big screen at the ground were unclear from the other side of the pitch). Brew seemed to be acting to protect himself while Furbank continued running at him.

Most expected a yellow card- but weren't sure against whom (or whether both would have to go). Of course subsequent events and clearer view have changed that, and I don't excuse the booing at all, but at the time the decision seemed very harsh.

PG

Date: 15 November, 2019 15:13

Quote:
Rawce
Quote:
SimonG19

I was asking about Furbank and when his hearing was after being cited for the "reckless, deliberate action" which "caused the problem in the first place".

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 18:12

Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Rawce
Quote:
SimonG19

I was asking about Furbank and when his hearing was after being cited for the "reckless, deliberate action" which "caused the problem in the first place".

Well done on correcting your spelling, you are being a little daft now. Bath aren't whinging about this in the slightest as said above it was 50:50.

https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Date: 15 November, 2019 20:32

Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Rawce
Quote:
SimonG19

I know, I was being a pedanty d1ck.

Iím guessing Furbankís citing was overtaken by events. Itís not wild to speculate that had Brew not chopped him in the gullet, Furbs would have been yellowed for taking a player out illegally off the ball, no arms tackle without much in the way of cover behind him to prevent a probable try. Iíve not checked Brewís kick trajectory mind, it may have gone straight to touch.

Date: 15 November, 2019 20:46

Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Rawce
Quote:
SimonG19

Well done on correcting your spelling, you are being a little daft now. Bath aren't whinging about this in the slightest as said above it was 50:50.

I wasn't suggesting for one moment that Bath were whinging about this. I was simply replying to Rawce's post suggesting that it was Furbank's reckless deliberate action in taking out Brew which caused the problem.

Perhaps if you weren't trying so hard to be condescending and rude you might have realised this.

Date: 15 November, 2019 20:48

Quote:
Rawce
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Rawce
Quote:
SimonG19

I know, I was being a pedanty d1ck.

Iím guessing Furbankís citing was overtaken by events. Itís not wild to speculate that had Brew not chopped him in the gullet, Furbs would have been yellowed for taking a player out illegally off the ball, no arms tackle without much in the way of cover behind him to prevent a probable try. Iíve not checked Brewís kick trajectory mind, it may have gone straight to touch.

No problem I was being tongue in cheek anyway. And I don't think you are the d1ck here!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net