Current Page: 1 of 4
August Resumption?
Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 13:31

[www.bbc.co.uk] - 7 games in 28 days?

Re: August Resumption?
Posted by: dcsh (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 14:13

Fixtures to be released at 4pm today. Interesting the the article says “ The schedule will also see a large proportion of matches being shown on BT Sport” implying that some matches won’t be shown or that maybe channel 5 will get some?

Posted by: hemington (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 15:15

Well Priestland's going to be a busy and very tired boy - hope his body is up to it.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 16:31

BATH RUGBY MATCH SCHEDULE

Saturday 15 August – Bath Rugby v London Irish

Saturday 22nd August – Leicester Tigers v Bath Rugby

Wednesday 26th August – Northampton Saints v Bath Rugby

Monday 31st August – Bath Rugby v Wasps

All the clubs will have the same issue of how to keep their players as fresh as possible so will be good to see the full squad get a run out. Very excited to see some of the injured guys back fit and on the pitch as well.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2020 16:33 by BathMatt53.

Posted by: woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 16:41

All on BT SPort?

Posted by: dcsh (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 16:57

Still plenty of unknowns.

“Premiership Rugby has not yet confirmed kick-off times, BT Sport picks or if Rounds 14 - 17 will be played behind closed doors. The situation continues to be closely monitored and any news or developments will be communicated as a matter of priority. ”
[www.bathrugby.com]

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 17:01

This seems like a great opportunity for us. Target Irish/Tigers/Wasps, second team sent to Saints.

Posted by: The Bear (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 17:27

Quote:
woodpecker
All on BT SPort?

I hope so. Given noone can actually attend the matches, and they would have to record highlights anyway, not showing them would be almost cruel.

Although I just know that first Saturday Bath will be on BT Sport 2 red button, or something, that those on Virgin can't get...

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 18:03

Quote:
The Bear
Quote:
woodpecker
All on BT SPort?

I hope so. Given noone can actually attend the matches, and they would have to record highlights anyway, not showing them would be almost cruel.

Although I just know that first Saturday Bath will be on BT Sport 2 red button, or something, that those on Virgin can't get...

various channels. channel 5 have a few.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 18:31

You can now get BT Sport online without a separate deal for £25/month rolling contract.

[www.bt.com]

Posted by: Rawce (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 19:37

What’s a “rugby”?

Posted by: Rawce (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 19:41

Quote:
hasta
You can now get BT Sport online without a separate deal for £25/month rolling contract.
[www.bt.com]
Apparently, BT Sport allows two simultaneous streams that aren’t from the same IP/subnet. So if you have a family member who is only watching one stream and you were good to them over Xmas and you happened to guess their password was “BathFan123” you can watch it as well.

Posted by: The Bear (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 00:07

Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
The Bear
Quote:
woodpecker
All on BT SPort?

various channels. channel 5 have a few.

I can accept that. I could even (only just) accept Eddie Butler and Brian Moore. As long as I have the chance to watch on TV...

Posted by: warrenball (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 08:36

I can't raise any enthusiasm for completing last year's competitions. They been off air so long who cares who wins any of them any more. Like picking up a book you got half way through and put down six months ago, the thread and excitement has gone, may as well just turn to the last page and see who did it.

Maybe it will change when the rugby starts, but with the fallout from Saracens, all the player changes and the stop go nature of the season leading on from the WC it would be best to just put it to bed and start again with a new season next year. Of course you cannot do that, not because of rugby or supporters but because of money, to clubs, tv companies and the RFU. Understandable but I think they will have the feel of pre season games.

The only hope with harder pitches is that we may see a series of Ba-Ba like try fests

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 08:40

Quote:
warrenball
I can't raise any enthusiasm for completing last year's competitions. They been off air so long who cares who wins any of them any more. Like picking up a book you got half way through and put down six months ago, the thread and excitement has gone, may as well just turn to the last page and see who did it.
Maybe it will change when the rugby starts, but with the fallout from Saracens, all the player changes and the stop go nature of the season leading on from the WC it would be best to just put it to bed and start again with a new season next year. Of course you cannot do that, not because of rugby or supporters but because of money, to clubs, tv companies and the RFU. Understandable but I think they will have the feel of pre season games.

The only hope with harder pitches is that we may see a series of Ba-Ba like try fests

+1

No plans to watch any of the games, I have very little interest in them and as it’s summer I have better things to do with my time.

Maybe if Bath’s results suggest we have a team that might change my thoughts.

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 09:43

It will be enjoyable to watch Bath again. No doubt there will be quite a bit of rotation & Priestland won’t play every game. I’m a bit puzzled about recent signings. I take it they won’t be available to play until the new season starts which is way off?

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 10:14

Quote:
Bath Hammer
It will be enjoyable to watch Bath again. No doubt there will be quite a bit of rotation & Priestland won’t play every game. I’m a bit puzzled about recent signings. I take it they won’t be available to play until the new season starts which is way off?

I agree, just be good to see some rugby. The fact that its a bit meaningless might result in a bit of adventure you can never tell. Signings can play I believe.

https://i.ibb.co/gjWyP09/Unknown-1-2.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Posted by: bathwickboy (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 10:34

Although it will be nice to see a bit of rugby again, I have to agree with some other posters in saying that I find it all pretty pointless. Who actually cares who wins the league this year and relegation has already been sorted. It has been a totally disrupted season both nationally and internationally and I just wait for the day when things get back to normal. Sorry, but my enthusiasm register is not too far above the zero mark. Having said all that, I still want Bath to win everything if that makes sense?

Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 11:02

I think if last season wasn’t restarting with next season’s squads a few weeks before next season would start I could see the point.

I suspect it is more about the amount of money BT Sport would want back for cancelled games rather than any meaningful interest but I am basing that on no evidence.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 11:36

Quote:
ken_jnr
I think if last season wasn’t restarting with next season’s squads a few weeks before next season would start I could see the point.
I suspect it is more about the amount of money BT Sport would want back for cancelled games rather than any meaningful interest but I am basing that on no evidence.

Thats a major factor without doubt, but these guys need some competitive matches if next season is going to have any meaning. Match fitness both mentally and physically drop alarmingly with no games and all the training in the world melts away when the opposition do the unexpected.

I hope we get some hard games to test out the new guys as well as the rusty old ones. I also think that after 2 games the fans/supporters will be fully up to speed both on the terraces and on this board!

https://i.ibb.co/gjWyP09/Unknown-1-2.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net