Current Page: 1 of 10
Second Lockdown Poll
Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2020 20:54

Do you think we should lockdown a second time if cases continue to rise?

Yes, and I would fully comply.
Yes, but I might bend the rules.
No, I don't agree but its the law.
No, and I wouldn't follow the rules.

You must be logged in to vote.

60 Votes

Show results

Fair bit of discussion about a second lockdown so perhaps we should see if it is supported and whether Forum members would comply with it.

You don't need to comment if you don't want to, you can just vote annonomously.

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

Ollie Fox - England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Re: Second Lockdown Poll
Posted by: DanWiley (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2020 20:58

It would depend on the rules though. I'm really cross about what we've put my kids through.

Posted by: DanWiley (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2020 20:59

I might use my common sense when interpreting the law as well. A mate of mine, Dom, says that's fine.

Posted by: JFPC (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2020 21:20

No, and I'll probably bend some of the rules.

Adopted player 2019/20 Will Chudley. Weird split household co-parented
player 2020 Josh Matavesi

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2020 22:34

Living in BANES I find the idea of a non specific lockdown complete nonesense

Posted by: OBinFiji (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 02:37

I might not be relevant - being in Fiji - we're nowhere near the need for a 2nd lockdown - having not had a case in the community for 4 months. The 1st lockdown cleared out the virus in the community and so was a success.

OK, no money coming into the country because we daren't allow 'infected foreigners' in - and that will impact sooner rather than later but, its a sorry state of affairs when a 'developing country' has to downgraod to allow for a developed countries inefficient medical facilities (Sm100)

OBinFiji

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 07:22

As the old joke goes:
‘Excuse me, how do you get to XYZ?’
‘Well, i wouldn’t start from here’

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 07:51

I'm a full time carer trying to maintain a job [at least part time] with a dog that needs at least one decent walk a day

I would do best to comply but depending on what the rules are I might need to bend them whilst minimising contact with others

Posted by: jayeatman (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 08:09

You would hope that the testing system was at least good enough to identify local outbreaks and you could just lock down those specific areas.
If it isn't then a general lockdown might become necessary, but don't let the govt blame it on you, it'll be down to the failure of test and trace.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas
2019/20 Semesa Rokoduguni
2020/21 Will Stuart

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 08:23

Might not test and trace issues be down to the general public giving false details and ignoring recommendations? Would you accept verification of personal details as part of the process? Not many would. Completely agree with identifying local outbreaks though.

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

Ollie Fox - England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 09:35

Quote:
jayeatman
You would hope that the testing system was at least good enough to identify local outbreaks and you could just lock down those specific areas.
If it isn't then a general lockdown might become necessary, but don't let the govt blame it on you, it'll be down to the failure of test and trace.

Im glad you replaced that Saffer bloke on your photo I didnt like the look of him.

Date: 22 September, 2020 10:12

If people abided by the rules there would be virtually no need for test and trace and anyway Covid would have "effectively" disappeared in the first lockdown.

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 10:20

Quote:
Bath Supporter Jack
If people abided by the rules there would be virtually no need for test and trace and anyway Covid would have "effectively" disappeared in the first lockdown.

I'm afraid that is just wrong

The vast majority of general public were very rule compliant in the first lockdown. Even surprised HMG just how much people kept to it for so long

The problem then came from other sources notably care homes

This contributed to a widespread feeling in many parts of the country that they've done their bit and it didn't work then so why bother now

Date: 22 September, 2020 10:30

Gaz

I am really not criticising anyone.

I voted above against a lockdown.

Some people just will not abide by the rules, reference the demonstrations against lockdown, people I know refusing to wear masks, etc

It astonished me and I suspect Public Covid England (Why do you keep writing Covid instead of "Health" you fool - Ed)

Thing is how did it get into Care Homes? Once Care homes were under control and it was eradicated (people died) then logically it should have disappeared. However unlike Fiji, Australia, New Zealand we have let people into our country and we "let" people go on holiday to Europe.

Like flu is is always going to be with us.

Witty/Vallance talk about possibly up to 200 people a day dying from Covid................well given 1,863 people die every day on average and I think one can reasonably assume that a proportion of the 200 people would be in the 1,863 I think there needs to be a major rethink................

Posted by: Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 11:48

Living in a part of the country that has largely been and still is largely unaffected, cases of 5/100,000 currently, and 742 in total amongst a population of c.379,000, then it is difficult to see any justification for a full scale lockdown again here.

Now that clearly isn't the case for other parts of the country.

Posted by: wombles222 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 11:52

Lockdown, unless applied to a extreme level that I commented on in the vaccine thread, only serves to reduce transmission and delay. Once eased it will naturally increase once more. It is not a fix, and although understandable as an initial response as we did in the first lockdown due to lack of knowledge of this virus, it is not a viable long term option as too much collateral damage is now occuring.

My concern with the current measures and increasing once more is that these are based upon "projections" and as the imperial model and disgraced Ferguson demonstrates they are a educated guess that may not represent reality. What we do have is hard evidence in studies showing the negative impact on morbidity and mortality in wider aspects, and I just hope they are putting their full attention to that for any judgements made rather than basing on future hypothesis & conjecture alone.

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 11:59

I have worked normally through this year so have been out and about more than most in the early stages. There is no doubt that standards of distancing and hygiene have dropped dramatically in recent weeks. I have seen people in supermarkets with no masks, late at night people spilling out of pubs with no distancing. We reap what we sow.

I don't blame the govt for tightening the rules, I don't want to see businesses suffer but there is an arrogant minority who are ruining it for others.

My sister in law said to me yesterday, don't worry about the rule of 6 at Christmas, we can park in another street and the neighbours won't see us sneak up the path. What?!!! No, no, no! This from someone who has 3 shielding children. Unbelievable.

Posted by: woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 12:03

The new restrictions are not too bad.

I wish all of the UK & NI could have the same rules. Surely its not that hard.

Posted by: Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 12:17

Quote:
woodpecker

But that would require the parish council leaders not playing petty politicis with the Westminster Government.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 12:17

Quote:
woodpecker

Why should they? Some areas of the UK have hardly any cases. For example Crawley has 2 per 100,000 cases (not fatalities). To lock all 112k people down seems nuts. Liverpool with 137 cases obviously needs some work.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Current Page: 1 of 10
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net