Current Page: 1 of 3
Tonight’s match is NOW behind closed doors.
Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 12:20

Bath Rugby can confirm that following Government instruction tonight's Gallagher Premiership Rugby match against Gloucester Rugby must now take place behind closed doors.

Tonight’s fixture was part of a series of pilot events the government approved to plan for the safe return of spectators, adhering to social distancing measures. However, spectators will no longer be allowed to be admitted to this match following direction from the Government issued in the last hour.

This news comes as a huge disappointment to all at the Club and to the 1,000 loyal, Blue, Black and White supporters due to attend the game this evening.

We desperately want to get supporters back to the Rec, but we know that we can only do it when it is absolutely safe to do so.

Tarquin McDonald, commented; “We are deeply sorry to share this news, of which we have just been made aware. This morning, our understanding was that our fixture was still able to go ahead and having put all of the safety measures in place, we were excited to be welcoming supporters back to the Rec.

“I would like to take this moment to thank all of our Blue, Black and White faithful, I know how disappointing this news will be for all of you. Public safety has to be our top priority and we will do everything we can to make sure that we can all return to the Rec safely once again in the future.”

Adopted player 20/21: Will Spencer - welcome home http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1597354200.jpg

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1597330055.jpghttp://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1597330111.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 22/09/2020 16:51 by CoochieCoo.

Re: Tonight’s match is NOW behind closed doors.
Posted by: warrenball (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 12:22

Might give us a better chance, on most occasions having supporters does not seemed to have helped the home side

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 12:34

Hugely disappointing, as much for the sport as anything but completely understandable

Posted by: Montyuk (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 12:38

Quote:
gaz59
Hugely disappointing, as much for the sport as anything but completely understandable

I agree that it is disappointing for fans and all at Bath Rugby who had prepared for the pilot. Not sure it is completely understandable as we can't watch it outside wearing a mask but can still watch it in a pub.... go figure.

Adopted player
2020/21: Jonathan Joseph
2019/20: Tom Ellis

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 12:49

Quote:
Montyuk
Quote:
gaz59

I agree that it is disappointing for fans and all at Bath Rugby who had prepared for the pilot. Not sure it is completely understandable as we can't watch it outside wearing a mask but can still watch it in a pub.... go figure.

Yes, understandable that Bath called it off, for me not understandable that they had to.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Posted by: TomReagan (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 13:13

I'll watch it in a pub as always intended to, but think those who were going to the game would be less at risk. I'll say no more as this whole Covid thing tends to get me annoyed!

Posted by: Devonport Lad (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 13:16

This game was a “pilot” to test whether supporters could safely attend matches going forward. The justification for holding a pilot disappeared when the PM made his statement to the House withdrawing the aspiration to get supporters back as from 1 Oct. I suspect that DCMS withdrew their consent, thereby making attendance impossible. The long term implications are worrying. A further 6 months would almost wipe out 20/21 as a live spectator event at a stroke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/09/2020 13:25 by Devonport Lad.

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 13:20

The pub TV thing could get tricky if an 8.15pm kick off for a footy match is still playing when they need to close the doors at 10pm.

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 13:43

Very, very disappointing..........and I didn't even have a ticket!

Posted by: Lost Soul (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 13:48

Quote:
TomReagan
I'll watch it in a pub as always intended to, but think those who were going to the game would be less at risk. I'll say no more as this whole Covid thing tends to get me annoyed!

Agree with that. Maybe the pub should have been shut and rules enforced for all then possibly the 1000 would still be going

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 13:52

If a large chunk of the population would actually start taking covid f-ing seriously, things like this wouldn’t happen. But no. Easier to blame the government.

Posted by: hantssabre (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 14:09

Not sure the government is totally blameless, remember Mr Cummings? Think he has a lot to answer for with regards to a lot of the apathy!

Posted by: TomReagan (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 14:09

Not so much blame the govt, I don't trust or have faith in them. If they actually debated measures in Parliament I'd be more willing to trust them but it's BJ, a couple of inept Brexit cronies and Cummings. They justify everything by dragging out the two scientists but there are plenty of experts willing to disagree with them. Nothing's achieved by stopping 1000 people going to the Rec tonight, however seriously you take Covid. It's the irrationality and lack of accountability that's beginning to grate.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 14:10

Very worried about the return of fans anyway so not too distressed, not In relation to pandemics in any way but its just we play way better in an empty ground!

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

Ollie Fox - England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: wetside (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 14:29

Why are Yeovil going ahead with their 1000 gate tonight ?

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 14:39

Quote:
TomReagan
Not so much blame the govt, I don't trust or have faith in them. If they actually debated measures in Parliament I'd be more willing to trust them but it's BJ, a couple of inept Brexit cronies and Cummings. They justify everything by dragging out the two scientists but there are plenty of experts willing to disagree with them. Nothing's achieved by stopping 1000 people going to the Rec tonight, however seriously you take Covid. It's the irrationality and lack of accountability that's beginning to grate.

It's a real shame for all those fans who were going tonight, but politically Boris had to put a stop to it and has little to do with fans safety.

Date: 22 September, 2020 14:50

Quote:
ballsout
If a large chunk of the population would actually start taking covid f-ing seriously, things like this wouldn’t happen. But no. Easier to blame the government.

+1 BO.

I do think though that the restrictions are now getting so complicated that as someone else has said, we need a go-to web site that tells you the latest guidance based on your location. Does that exist?

Posted by: Montyuk (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 15:09

Quote:
ballsout

The Government who told everyone to get back to their place of work and incentivised us to eat out to help out?

I don't think it's fair to say people aren't taking it seriously, but when the Government told people the R rate was down and we need to do our bit to restart the economy, it's not surprising some people followed their guidance. Obviously that has caused the R rate to increase (albeit testing is so @#$%& we don't know whether this is resulting from hospitality, workplace, schools, support bubbles meeting in doors or illegal mass parties etc.) So no idea if these new restrictions are actually well targeted... so yes we can blame the Government.

Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 15:10

B4thB4ck
[www.bbc.co.uk] - Try this; type in your post code where invited.

Eg. Banes
Bath and North East Somerset
9 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 12 Sep-18 Sep. The average area in England had 15.
cases in the latest week 12 Sep-18 Sep
compared with the previous week
total cases to 21 Sep
92 coronavirus-related deaths registered to 11 Sep

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/09/2020 15:12 by Mike the Taxi.

Date: 22 September, 2020 15:29

Thanks MTT but I was thinking of a govt web page that tells us what our local restrictions are. The rules change every week it seems and local lock downs would seem more likely in the future.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net