Fewer injuries since lockdown
Posted by: warrenball (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 07:32

Although we have been playing many games with short intervals between there seem to be fewer injuries than in previous seasons - not just for Bath but everywhere and I wonder just how much good the enforced absence has done to many players who have probably never had this sort of break before. We have also not had them being sent off to England camps!

Re: Fewer injuries since lockdown
Posted by: charlieboa (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 08:33

Maybe a number of factors?

Long period of rest and conditioning. Good rotation. Minimal contact training between games. No eddie england training sessions.

We have had basically no significant injuries in 8 games, long may it continue. When we have injuries our s&c staff cop some stick.... i think they deserve some credit now. The guys look in great shape and having lots of options has been crucial to our success-rotation with no drop off in performance.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 08:35

No contact training in the week would seem to be a key one. I remember a couple of years ago Bath said that they were having more injuries in training than in matches.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Posted by: C130 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 09:33

Quote:
charlieboa
Maybe a number of factors?
Long period of rest and conditioning. Good rotation. Minimal contact training between games. No eddie england training sessions.

We have had basically no significant injuries in 8 games, long may it continue. When we have injuries our s&c staff cop some stick.... i think they deserve some credit now. The guys look in great shape and having lots of options has been crucial to our success-rotation with no drop off in performance.
spot on just like the French system operates less contact in training

Posted by: bardofavon (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 10:00

things have been much better since hatley came back and new staff were hired for the s and c dept (inc the highly regarded PJ Wilson from munster) and the medical dept (inc Byron field from the brumbies). under the old regime guys were patched up and shoved straight back out again. we had loads of guys re-injuring themselves. now no one gets a pass unless they are completely rehabilitated.

Posted by: Never In Doubt (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 11:33

Wonder if the new ruck laws have also made a difference.

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 13:47

Spot on NID!

Of course they have. I have been lobbying for an end to “flopping over” and “diving in” for years.

Seems Covid has convinced refs where player welfare did not!

PG

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net