Current Page: 18 of 24
Re: Kubica in Williams?
Posted by: TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 19:06

@ralf111 - excellent post!

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 19:20

Btw, whatever a sim offers aside, the hype of Kubica being faster than Max aside, I think the decision is already made and the focus is on Kubica only unless he proves he has serious limitations and well I'm happy with such a decision.
Other options look mediocre at best.
-Massa is finished, for whatever reason he is 3-4 points ahead of a driver who's been in center of critism from the first wheel he turned.
-DiResta was a mediocre driver even back when he was full time racing driver.there's a reason he is been out for so long.

Atleast Kubica can inject fresh blood and motivation to the team even IF he is only as fast as Felipe...If he turns to be as good as 2011, then a nice surprise.
And well, he will be for sure cheaper than Felipe...maybe he ain't have a sponser backing or does not attract a new one but nor does Massa or DiResta.

For sure it's a shame we did not act on time to choose have a Hulk or Ocon in our car but from this 3, Robert looks the best option.

It somehow reminds me of a shootout between Heitfeld, Pizzonia and someone else (speed? Dixon?) back in 2005 when it was clear Nick was the main option and Pizzonia was mostly there as a benchmark for Nick.
And also reminds me of how we finished the season 4th, having one of the fastest cars by the end of season and finished with having Nick...he was good but not what you could hope for a race winning team back then.
We use to miss chances and finish with drivers who are usually below our level.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Posted by: Greg_OR (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 19:58

thx Ralf, I know this story but its perfect moment to recall it, no Flavio now but I think Prost could be involved in politics at Renault.
Politics is part of the game, but I hope that at Williams this factor is far less important.

Back to the simulators related things - this big moving spider-like monsters do generate G-forces, Alan, they are built for this purpose. Of course, these forces are not of the same value as in real world, and not perfectly replicated in all areas but they are, and drivers are able to react naturally to these stimuli, that make them better than 'games' where you react only to eye and ear, not to your bottom winking smiley
But what is important in this case: team have data for all its drivers and for each of them know the correlation sim<->real so now as they will get Roberts real track data they will know everything they need.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 20:12

Simulators don't resemble a 100% accuracy. Still, they are good enough to simulate conditions that reflect situations during a race. This will prepare drivers for anything they possibly could encounter. Remember the whole "radio ban" thingy where Hamilton lost his mind at Baku? Simply because he never practices in the simulator and Rosberg (who had the same issue and fixed it himself) did? I do see the advantages of a simulator. But never tell me they reflect the conditions 100% because they simply don't.

On the matter of Kubica, its good that Williams is going to test him. But all this communication by Williams makes one thing sure; Kubica is their number one target at this moment.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2017 20:13 by AlanJones.

Posted by: Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 20:27

Quote:
AlanJones
Simulators don't resemble a 100% accuracy. Still, they are good enough to simulate conditions that reflect situations during a race. This will prepare drivers for anything they possibly could encounter. Remember the whole "radio ban" thingy where Hamilton lost his mind at Baku? Simply because he never practices in the simulator and Rosberg (who had the same issue and fixed it himself) did? I do see the advantages of a simulator. But never tell me they reflect the conditions 100% because they simply don't.
On the matter of Kubica, its good that Williams is going to test him. But all this communication by Williams makes one thing sure; Kubica is their number one target at this moment.

He is the best driver available, if he can perform.
And yes simulators are never gonna be reality but in many parameters they are pretty close.

From the drivers I know I can tell you the faster ones by they're times in the simulator.
Unfortunatly Portugal doesn't have that driver that is top mark.
A few good ones but not more than that.
Felix da Costa being the best and Felipe Albuquerque close by.

Date: 07 October, 2017 06:27

Rosberg on Sky F1

Robert - no fitness problems from his side

Robert - Williams test are more to see how Robert will fit inside the team.
Simple put: they are testing if chemistry is there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2017 06:34 by TerraNova19.

Date: 07 October, 2017 06:29

One more thing:

Renault - Robert deal : just bad timing! The whole engine deals screw his chance to get the drive for Renault.

Date: 07 October, 2017 06:46

How do you read Nicos body language? I see him almost sure he brings Robert to the team, he was almost laughing asked about Robert's limitations and fitness smiling smiley

Posted by: ralf111 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 07:00

Polish TV Eleven F1 says that Robert have some big sponsor backing him if he find seat in 2018 at Williams.

Date: 07 October, 2017 07:01

Quote:
Greg_OR
How do you read Nicos body language? I see him almost sure he brings Robert to the team, he was almost laughing asked about Robert's limitations and fitness smiling smiley

Good point!

Date: 07 October, 2017 07:11

Quote:
ralf111
Polish TV Eleven F1 says that Robert have some big sponsor backing him if he find seat in 2018 at Williams.
When did they say it? because I asked friends watching Eleven right now and they didn't hear that.

Date: 07 October, 2017 07:13

today morning before qualy start

Date: 07 October, 2017 07:19

Quote:
Greg_OR

Paddy Lowe:

"Clearly you need a quick car as well, but the driver is probably the single most important factor in the end to take the package forward and score the points and indeed win races. I've seen that in the past, what a difference drivers can make to the race proposition, so it's a very important decision."

hint?

Date: 07 October, 2017 07:26

Kubica often placed Renault car at positions it had no right to be in 2010 smiling smiley

Date: 07 October, 2017 07:30

Quote:
Greg_OR
Kubica often placed Renault car at positions it had no right to be in 2010 smiling smiley

True almost all season long

Posted by: williams4284 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 09:20

Kubica will have all the motivation in the world if he is given the chance.

Posted by: SchuMassa (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 09:31

The only questions which pops into my head: what has made Kubica capable of driving these cars all of a sudden? What has changed since 2014/15/16? What prevented him from racing in the previous years?

Posted by: gpl (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 11:21

I would like to think Kubica would be as quick as Bottas at least but with more of
a Nige (SEE A GAP SET THEM UP AND GO FOR IT) mindset and push that chassis to its limits and beyond at times which would push the engineers to there limits and beyond.

IT IS WHAT THIS TEAM GIANT NEEDS IT HAS BEEN ASLEEP FOR FAR TO LONG TIME TO KICK ASS.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 12:23

Quote:
TerraNova19
One more thing:
Renault - Robert deal : just bad timing! The whole engine deals screw his chance to get the drive for Renault.

I really really really doubt this. Sainz was a bonus. If they wanted Kubica, they easily could have said no to Sainz.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Posted by: silny (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 12:39

Quote:
SchuMassa
The only questions which pops into my head: what has made Kubica capable of driving these cars all of a sudden? What has changed since 2014/15/16? What prevented him from racing in the previous years?

Kubica has said that his limitations "are in better point". So i think his arm has improved, nerves in tha arm recovered bit more apparently. And he also said that before he was not ready mentally for the come back. I think Mercedes offered him tests in 2013, he rejected them.

Current Page: 18 of 24
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net