Current Page: 34 of 63
Re: News and Stuff!
Posted by: pixel (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2019 09:44

We should have some clarity on continuing sponsors tomorrow. Iíve noticed in other years that contracts which are expiring tend to do so on 31December, and the official team website often goes down for maintenance on 31 Dec.

It will be interesting to see which partners remain listed tomorrow. Orlen will vanish but hopefully many of the others will continue.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2019 10:02

I do hope Rexona rumors are not true.They are a big sponsor and to replace them and Orlen is a big task.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: ihme (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2019 11:29

What rumors?

Rexona leaving is actually one of my biggest fears right now.

Posted by: Francesc (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2019 12:14

Rexona leaving was confirmed by RaceFans.

Date: 31 December, 2019 12:52

Quote:
Francesc
Rexona leaving was confirmed by RaceFans.

Well damn. Thanks for the info.

What a shitty year it was.

Posted by: Mr Brooksy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2020 05:25

Williams site no longer has Rexona listed as a sponsor...

Date: 01 January, 2020 09:33

So that 1% hope is gone...Let's see if Claire can bring something out of her hat like last year with RokIt!

With no works deal, no major tie-up with a big team (like what Haas does), only a genius design team could save us...something we don't look to have!

Date: 01 January, 2020 09:44

There will be more to come. No Sponsors connected to Latifi are listed, so presumably there will be an announcement about those separately.

Also, there was a story about a press conference in Israel to announce a partnership with a sponsor linked to Roy Nissany.

Date: 01 January, 2020 11:11

Interestingly Rokit logo now is red on team's sponsors site. With Rexona gone, I think it's very plausible that we will see a red Williams again 21 years after.

Other "sponsors" "partners" that have left are Omnitude, Tata Communications appart from Orlen of course.

Date: 01 January, 2020 12:39

Quote:
pixel
There will be more to come. No Sponsors connected to Latifi are listed, so presumably there will be an announcement about those separately.
Also, there was a story about a press conference in Israel to announce a partnership with a sponsor linked to Roy Nissany.

It might as well only be Sofina. It can't be a Stroll-like deal with Latifis - we had no cards left to play this time and they probably got a deal similiar to Orlens and we will probably sell a lot of fp1's to Nissanys sponsor for a few millions.

It's not easy to replace a major sponsor Like Rexona with their ~15m per year.

Date: 01 January, 2020 13:30

Quote:
pixel

You can hope Latifi's sponsors to cover Orlen and then Rokit new deal to cover Rexona....These two we already know, ok but then we will be where we are atm.Having the smallest budget of all when others can have even budgets for 2020.

Date: 01 January, 2020 17:11

Quote:
ihme
Quote:
pixel

It might as well only be Sofina. It can't be a Stroll-like deal with Latifis - we had no cards left to play this time and they probably got a deal similiar to Orlens and we will probably sell a lot of fp1's to Nissanys sponsor for a few millions.

It's not easy to replace a major sponsor Like Rexona with their ~15m per year.

Btw does anyone knows anything about this Nissany's possible contract? I remember reading somewhere too that he's going to have an announcement soon in Isreal but the source was unreliable.
Hopefully there's no truth in it.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2020 17:34

What are ABK, Bogarts and Bandero? Rokit drink brands? They appear on the website but with no descriptions (unless you click "read more").

Date: 01 January, 2020 18:24

Quote:
Anderis
What are ABK, Bogarts and Bandero? Rokit drink brands? They appear on the website but with no descriptions (unless you click "read more").

"Our partnership also includes re-branding for three Toyota Center lounges under ROK Drinks brands Bogart's, ABK and Bandero Tequila"

Guess our title sponsor is slapping rest of its brands on our cars for cheap. Would love to see a reliable figures of how much Rokit really brings to Williams. It was a last-minute deal so everything was probably sold really cheaply like Orlen had with it's space on the car for ~11m.

Date: 01 January, 2020 19:44

My guess is that Latifi sr. will put a lot more money than Orlen into Williams. At the end of the day he's investing in his son's career so the faster the car is the better for his son.

Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2020 01:37

Yes I agree about Latifi. Just think how much money he has invested in McLaren so extra money to cover off his son's career at Williams wouldn't be a surprise.

But the Nissany one is of particular interest as if he can bring money to cover off Orlen I could live with him get the occasional Friday drive.

I have read comments that have a black and white Williams in 2020. Would sort of remind me of the Compaq Williams cars except they had a blue & white colour scheme, but it was still just two colours.

Posted by: IanSmithISA (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2020 08:12

Good morning,

Quote:
Francesc
My guess is that Latifi sr. will put a lot more money than Orlen into Williams. At the end of the day he's investing in his son's career so the faster the car is the better for his son.
I am not sure that I see the logic in this. :-)

It doesn't really matter how far up the grid a driver is in his first season as long as he outperforms his team mate and delivers all that a car can provide.

Surely no amount of money invested in Williams will have much of an effect on the 2020 and 2021 cars, the timescales are too short for the money to be spent and then results achieved from that expenditure. So by the time any big investment in Williams would show results, say 2022 Latifi will be a success or a failure.

Quote:
ihme
....Guess our title sponsor is slapping rest of its brands on our cars for cheap. Would love to see a reliable figures of how much Rokit really brings to Williams. It was a last-minute deal so everything was probably sold really cheaply like Orlen had with it's space on the car for ~11m.

Williams probably had no choice and got the best they could from ROKiT Phones and likely the same from ROKiT Drinks but I can't find any information on how well RokIT Phones are doing.

I know that the RokIT group has a lot of big names attached to it but that doesn't mean that if it is not profitable it will be subsidised.

If you look at the list of current sponsorships, [rokitphones.com] and the people involved [therokit.group] that is probably an awful lot of money going out the door.

Also Paul Dejoria has been associated with a couple of failures, Maghreb Petroleum Exploration and Latitude Solutions Inc, that weren't quite what I was expecting when I heard about his successes.

Quote:
Andrew Hooper
But the Nissany one is of particular interest as if he can bring money to cover off Orlen I could live with him get the occasional Friday drive.
Williams may be running out of space on the car if ROKiT Drinks are occupying most of the ex-Rexona area, that would only leave the rear and side plates of the rear wing and messy little bits of space on the engine cover and side pods. Orlens seems to have paid a fair price for those.

Bye

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2020 10:37 by IanSmithISA.

Date: 02 January, 2020 11:57

Latifis enormous investment in McLaren was a very safe one and guaranteed to be a great move. Pumping like 1/4 of that into Williams in it's current state is like playing a russian roulette.

He'll just wait a year and see if we can deliver a proper car in 2021 and if not he'll bail out of F1 while his son had it's "fun" in 2020. If we're still last in 2021 then that investment wont be making any sense at all because then we're @#$%& for good.

Date: 02 January, 2020 12:27

Interesting to see if we attract Lavazza, that seemed to be Latifiís main F2 sponsor.

Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2020 13:59

But just remember that Latifi's dad has pumped a huge amount into his son's motorsport career and right at the stage where he can get an F1 drive do you think he is not going to take that next step and get his son the drive that he has worked so hard for, even if it does mean paying a significant sum and taking a risk with a particular team.

Because if Latifi didn't get this drive at Williams he would not get any other. His son's entry into F1 is nothing like an investment. It is a family thing which is totally different.

Current Page: 34 of 63
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net