FIA Release 2021 details, Williams posts images of car in Livery
Posted by: sennaspeed (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2019 16:57

This year's livery not next year's of course.

[twitter.com]

and video

[twitter.com]

Re: FIA Release 2021 details, Williams posts images of car in Livery
Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2019 18:15

Well, next year's livery will be red.

In essence, im not overly excited about this. But I need to see it in motion and to see the new rules doing their job in creating more exciting racing.
Hate that DRS is staying.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Posted by: campos7 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2019 18:22

Quote:
AlanJones
Well, next year's livery will be red.
In essence, im not overly excited about this. But I need to see it in motion and to see the new rules doing their job in creating more exciting racing.
Alan, why are you so sure about our livery for next year?
Looking at the brands of rokit beers we Will have in the fw43 I think the livery can be very similar to this year

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9255/uy6ursz2.jpg

Posted by: an.jo (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2019 18:43

Quote:
AlanJones

I have never understood the disdain for DRS. It is true that it creates an artificial advantage for the trailing car, but that is to compensate for the artificial advantage that the evolution of aerodynamics created for the leading car. I often hear F1 analysts cry "artificial" when a DRS-enabled car closes on a straight, but they do not cry "artificial" when a clearly quicker trailing car falls back through cornering because of the loss of downforce, too far back to close on the leading car on the following straight with traditional drafting. It's not an ideal solution, but until the artificial advantage of the leading car to due the aerodynamic wake is sufficiently reduced, I don't see any better solution.

Posted by: boro1986willliamsf1 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2019 18:46

I like the look of the FOM interpretation of the new rules can't wait for the teams interpretations roll on 2021

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2019 20:55

Livery, well I don't know why should they switch the colors? Not all the title sponsors ask for much changes on the car or change in colors.At&t had a minimal presence on the car.It all depends on what's written in their contract but well what has changed in last month that they must switch to reds? Rokit with their drinks products must be known as a separate sponsor and the deal we signed at the start of '19 must have remained the same.

About the rule changes, I don't care about the looks that much.It's all fake.Do they keep sidepod entries like that? Why should they? Can you imagine they keep the floor entry as clean as the picture and not to @#$%& it up somehow? All these pictures will be distorted when first cars will be unveiled...but my own concerns about the new rules remain the same.There's no talk of weight reduction and probably there won't be any...And there's no talk of how they will distribute the money between teams and if the extra payments remain in place or not?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2019 05:56

The livery remark, was only my first sentence. I'm not convinced we will switch to red. But it would be a good way to positively stand out again. The current livery is mweh..

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net