Some Questions At The End of 2019
Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2019 20:18

Will Vettel Retire?

Vettel will never beat HAM . . . he makes too many mistakes. He probably always did but Webber made more. Charles is on the upward curve. Seb looked particularly p’d off in Mexico.

Will Ocon annoy Ric?

Guaranteed i think . . . he did his best to wind up Perez and ruin a couple of races. And while we’re on the subject of Renault:

Is RIC worth 22m?

Was he that much better than Hulk?

Max for WDC in 2020?

Think Honda will be there next year and the regs are tightening and levelling.

Where will Williams finish in 2020?

I suspect they’ll turn a corner and finish one place off the bottom. A working tunnel has to make a huge difference.

Will Stroll ever get the hang of qualifying?

Now I don’t think so.

Re: Some Questions At The End of 2019
Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 19 November, 2019 17:56

I think Max could be a strong contender. Also LEC. VET can't keep his act together under real pressure. Honda are about there and we know the chassis will be good and VER is superb so Lewis is going to have fight pretty hard for his 7th. Merc seem to have lost a bit of edge lately but have made up for it with strategy and Lewis at the wheel. But that's tough to keep up over a season.

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 November, 2019 20:21

I dont think Ocon will be anywhere near Ric. In my opinion hes an incredibly overrated driver. If he had anything close to the talent Ricciardo does, Mercedes would never have dropped him.

Plus, he's been a year out of the car so at least for the first part of the season he will be playing catch up.

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 21 November, 2019 01:59

Quote:
Mikef1
I dont think Ocon will be anywhere near Ric. In my opinion hes an incredibly overrated driver. If he had anything close to the talent Ricciardo does, Mercedes would never have dropped him.maybe
Plus, he's been a year out of the car so at least for the first part of the season he will be playing catch up.

Well, the second point seems true enough. It's taken Giovinazzi practically the whole season to get back up to speed in race and Q pace. It's been one or the other. And Kvyat seems nowhere after his layoff - outqualified by rookie Albon and demolished 5 - 2 by Gasly of all people.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net