Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: William's 2020 line up
Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 30 November, 2019 20:29

Quote:
ihme
The incredibly talented F2 driver Roy Nissany will get two half-days of testing post Abu Dhabi GP grinning smiley I think we'll be seeing him a lot during fp1's in 2020.

Incredible. We got a debuting driver who needs the mileage, we have got a female W Series champion who was hired for this work. We have got two current drivers. And who do we opt? The son of a guy that was scared sh!tless in a car and famously said: "Guys, I'm coming in, I'm having too much grip!". Oh and Nissany Jr. is 25yo already.
I'm really getting more and more disappointed in the team. Frankly fair; I'm fed up.

https://i.ibb.co/BPGnSFS/GRDAY1header-01.png

Posted by: IanSmithISA (IP Logged)
Date: 02 December, 2019 07:23

Good morning,

I've decided to be optimistic about this as I can't see any reason to be doing this other than there is the possibility of an Israeli sponsor coming on board.

If I had to bet it would be Plus 500, an Israeli based CFD and general financial betting provider with a world wide presence. With a market cap of around £800m the money is there, and this is not uncharted territory as FxPro have had a presence in F1 for a while.

There are of course many other Israeli companies that could afford F1.

I did consider that the seat was simply sold but it is far from clear that the money needed to make this worth while to Williams was available from the driver.

Bye

Ian

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 02 December, 2019 11:52

To be honest, as long as we have a real talent in one of the cars, I am happy. This new guy is not so bad and usually runs at the front in F2 so he'll do the job. The main thing is to get the dollars in and use it effectively to build a better car.

Posted by: ihme (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2019 11:03

Posted by: Myvatn (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2019 18:28

I guess toro rosso’s choice to run Sean Gelael is based on competitiveness alone... they must be cash strapped as well.

I mean, is it bad To have someone in the car just because he brings money? Yes.
Is it a greek tragedy? Nope.

Also, this “are you a business or a racing team?!!1!” thing is so cringeworthy. Like a “real racing team” has no staff or bills to pay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 18:30 by Myvatn.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2019 19:46

gp247 is one of the worst websites to write anything about F1.Most of their stories are whether fake news, 2nd hand news with delay or just a jurno writting a one sided story.

Not to defend that Israeli driver driving our car but I'd take blame of posters on this forum over any piece written by that website.They need attention badly.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2019 23:49

Actually, Williams is the only team in F1 without some kind of a "sugar daddy" company or person (talk about not being a racing team but a business, lol), so they need to try harder than anyone else to keep themselves financially sustainable because every other team can spend money earned outside of F1 by their owners while Williams can't do it to the same extent.

Posted by: andy si (IP Logged)
Date: 09 December, 2019 20:20

Specially now that Tobacco money is back.
Not only with Ferrari but now McLaren as well.
We are going down the toillet financially.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 09 December, 2019 21:11

From F1.com :

“My story of the last half of the season has been that of getting overtaken by Robert on the first lap, not making good enough starts, not being aggressive enough, then having stronger pace and struggling to overtake him before overtaking him at the mid-point of the race,” Russell said.

“The pace at the end [of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix] was very, very strong for us, I just need to improve on those opening laps.

-------------------

Good to see he's honest with himself and doesn't hide behind stupid excuses unlike majority of drivers.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: dot_com (IP Logged)
Date: 10 December, 2019 00:07

Quote:
Mehryar
From F1.com :
“My story of the last half of the season has been that of getting overtaken by Robert on the first lap, not making good enough starts, not being aggressive enough, then having stronger pace and struggling to overtake him before overtaking him at the mid-point of the race,” Russell said.

“The pace at the end [of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix] was very, very strong for us, I just need to improve on those opening laps.

-------------------

Good to see he's honest with himself and doesn't hide behind stupid excuses unlike majority of drivers.

I think this perfectly sums up the majority of his races. I found it so frustrating throughout the year when GR qualified ahead of RK, beating him soundly, and then lost all that advantage on the first lap, only to be stuck behind for half the race. He would clearly have been faster and Williams clearly lacked balls to ask RK to let him by. By the time GR finally got ahead in the pit stop shuffle, the next car was already half a minute down the road.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 10 December, 2019 20:40

Quote:
dot_com
Quote:
Mehryar
From F1.com :

-------------------

I think this perfectly sums up the majority of his races. I found it so frustrating throughout the year when GR qualified ahead of RK, beating him soundly, and then lost all that advantage on the first lap, only to be stuck behind for half the race. He would clearly have been faster and Williams clearly lacked balls to ask RK to let him by. By the time GR finally got ahead in the pit stop shuffle, the next car was already half a minute down the road.

Which was exactly why we didn't manage to get two cars in the points at the German Grand Prix. Or at least score better during that Grand Prix.

https://i.ibb.co/BPGnSFS/GRDAY1header-01.png

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net