Nelson Semedo
Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2020 21:18

I take it we've all heard or read the reports about Barcelona's Nelson Semedo possibly joining. According to the Express and Star and Tim Nash it's happening. Nash also says there is someone else coming. I won't believe it until he signs but this is exciting.

Re: Nelson Semedo
Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2020 07:02

That would be a real statement of intent. Not just replace (or worse, drift) but improve.
Funny how former players become history. Doc had a terrible time this weekend, and Diogo couldn’t even get on the subs bench. Top clubs ? Ha ha. Hope you are watching Raul!
UTW.
Dark trepidation about tonight but nice to catch Man C early.

Posted by: an angry wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2020 11:15

Not sure how doc had a terrible time just due to giving a penalty away ? He set up one goal which was borderline offside and played quite well in an emphatic spurs win.

Semedo would be an incredible signing- imagine signing a first team Barcelona player who has regular starts compared to a Darlington reserve in the days of beetroothead and pieman.

Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2020 12:57

Quote:
an angry wolf
Not sure how doc had a terrible time just due to giving a penalty away ? He set up one goal which was borderline offside and played quite well in an emphatic spurs win.
Semedo would be an incredible signing- imagine signing a first team Barcelona player who has regular starts compared to a Darlington reserve in the days of beetroothead and pieman.

Must confess to not seeing the game, only reading reports. This one typical:-

“ Matt Doherty (3.0): Had a header for Kane that was ruled out for offside, but otherwise rarely a factor in this match. Did not cover his side of the pitch well defensively and looked off going forward. Not blaming him for the penalty, which was the result of a dumb interpretation of a bad rule, but this wasn’t a good match for him.”

Date: 21 September, 2020 15:20

Ah well he has left now , I think we all agree Semedo would be a significant upgrade

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2020 09:21

Nelson Semedo is the latest signing for Wolves coming from Barcelona, and will hopefully replace Matt Doherty at Right Wing back. He will be eligible to play at West Ham on Sunday

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2020 13:08

Good. Get Adama up front!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Posted by: barmy army wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2020 09:13

Quote:
Ivybridge Wolf
Good. Get Adama up front!

Agreed!

Date: 24 September, 2020 10:31

I always read the negative comments on the mix regarding Traore, who is our best player in my view. A player who isnt a natural defender with an entirely offensive mentality getting criticised relentlessly.. some of the clowns on other forums see him as a "luxury player " implying we can do without him. What these morons fail to realise are the number of points/games he won single handedly with his explosive pace/strength - even against city despite errors some of his runs/crosses were superb with one to Jimenez standing out. Hopefully Semedo can mean Traore can be used in a more appropriate position to use these qualities

Posted by: barmy army wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2020 12:55

Could not agree more, every fan of the footballing world would have him in their team.. Every pundit manager, says he is unplayable... The man is a monster, strength, Pace and control and he is even delivering some decent crosses!

just to think Americans would even have them in their NFL team...

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2020 19:15

Semedo is being described on the WWFC website as ‘a wide defender and is very offensive’ . That’s a shame, he looks as if he’s a very nice chap to me.

..... anyway, good to see you posting Barmy!

UTW

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net