Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2019 11:28

Thanks for that centre there.

I have updated the header

JP

Re: Highlights v Quins
Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2019 19:13

Full game - worth a watch. Really good all round performance. A lot of composure from Heaney and Lance. Didn't miss Hougaard or Mills. Shillcock really good game despite being slightly rusty. He needs to rotate with Pennell more often, as he has a lot to offer. Nanai so much better. Fidow looks promising. Forwards didn't take a step back - great committment to the task at hand.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2019 10:03

I was impressed with both wings coming inside looking for work, with time to settle in we may not have Adams and Heem but we will be OK.
DuPreez has really good rugby skills.

Date: 11 November, 2019 10:16

Centerthere I absolutely agree and if the "big" boys really come back fighting for their place just how good could we be?

JP

Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2019 10:29

Despite the conditions it was a good watch. I feel we are starting to build that strength in depth in almost all positions now. We can lose a good player and fill the void with someone just as good or a promising talent. At the moment we look to have 2 very good players in each position. The challenge for Solly and co is to create 3 or 4 in each position. Keep this squad together and keep adding a few and things look promising

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2019 10:48

Quote:
centrethere
Full game - worth a watch. Really good all round performance. A lot of composure from Heaney and Lance. Didn't miss Hougaard or Mills. Shillcock really good game despite being slightly rusty. He needs to rotate with Pennell more often, as he has a lot to offer. Nanai so much better. Fidow looks promising. Forwards didn't take a step back - great committment to the task at hand.

I've been banging on about this I know - but start mixing the side up and look what happens!

Date: 11 November, 2019 11:11

Get Baby K in there and I have a feeling Big Ted Hill will play even better playing alongside another young blood and not dominated by the "Oldies".

Time moves on

JP

Posted by: Malvern Man (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2019 14:12

Anton Bresler is an un-sung hero and played very well. He was very good at the end of last season, but unlike Samson he has got even better since losing his pigtail.

Date: 11 November, 2019 14:25

Just watched the whole game again and I still do not know what Fatialofa brings to the party!

Another observation was how the cold had got to Nanai and Fidow, they were both visibly shivering at then of the game.

Once my man of the match was Sam Lewis, he is an absolute machine, one of the best signings this club has ever made, brilliant.

JP

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2019 15:29

But also an advertisment for patience , so maybe we need to give Fatialofa a bit of slack, I still think there is a full fitness issue with him.

Date: 11 November, 2019 15:49

He has been here almost a year now, how much slack does he need?

He has had a full end of season rest and a full pre-season and still not fit?? Maybe itís commitment on the field just like all the other players are showing, he lopes around looking for somewhere to stand still.

Rollo, sorry but I am not impressed. When he came on fresh and others had put in 60 minutes of total effort he was still last to the breakdowns and flopped into the ruck, I cannot remember seeing him up in support when we attacked.

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net