JP

Re: Michael Fatialofa
Posted by: Simba (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2020 20:42

Taken from the Sarries board:

Quote:
Darraghgirl
His wife posted this on an Instagram story last night:

"My beautiful husband was hurt real bad tonight. We need miracles. We need prayers. We need the power of God to intervene and HEAL him. I won't relent until I see a breakthrough. You are my universe @michaelfats I got you baby! Thank you for the overwhelming amount of messages of support already.
He can't feel his body (YET!) but he feels every prayer"

Not sounding good! Our thoughts and prayers are with Michael and Tatiana tonight.

Letís hope things start to look up soon.

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2020 20:49

Letís not give up, the body is a remarkable thing.

Posted by: davidthesarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2020 22:12

Wishing Michael a full and speedy recovery. A worrying time for all especially his family. Always tragic when a player, entertaining us, gets taken off on a stretcher. Best wishes again.

Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2020 22:38

Just echoing what people are saying on here.

Thoughts & prayers with Michael & his family.

And of course messages from other clubs fans are really appreciated & most welcome.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Posted by: 4934 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2020 22:51

Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 06 January, 2020 01:50

Thoughts and prayers with Michael, his family and Worcester Rugby family.

Posted by: Nopace (IP Logged)
Date: 06 January, 2020 10:01

My prayers will be with you. Keep fighting.

Date: 06 January, 2020 10:15

This is a desperately sad situation for Michael and his family, all our thoughts and prayers are with them.

The club respectfully will keep us all informed as and when appropriate.

I would like to thank all supporters from other clubs for their kind words and prayers - Thank You.

JP

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 06 January, 2020 10:38

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his loved ones. I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Posted by: Bristol Rugby Supporters Club (IP Logged)
Date: 06 January, 2020 11:05

On behalf of the Bristol Rugby Supporters Club and all Bristol supporters may I convey our best wishes to Michael and his family. Our thoughts are with you.
Whilst we all want our respective teams to do well and have keen banter with our fellow supporters, a serious injury always transcends rugby related rivalries both on and off the field.

So from one rugby family to another we really hope for positive news of improvement and recovery over the coming days and weeks.

Yours in sport.
Paul H.
Bristol Rugby Supporters Club committee.

Date: 06 January, 2020 11:15

Massive thanks Paul H and Bristol Supporter's Club, for your lovely words and kind thoughts.

This is when we all come together as people as well as Rugby Supporters.

It would be nice to think that all these good wishes around the country could merge and center on the recovery of Michael.

JP

Posted by: Sarrie1876 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 January, 2020 14:23

We wish you a speedy and full recovery Michael, our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Date: 06 January, 2020 17:47

Quote:
The OFFY

Michael Fatialofa will undergo surgery tonight as he remains in St Maryís Hospital in London.

We continue to thank everyone for their outpouring of support

Good luck Michael

Posted by: trummy200 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 January, 2020 17:59

Hoping all goes well and a full recovery is achieved.

Posted by: Saintsby (IP Logged)
Date: 06 January, 2020 18:11

Saint here
My thoughts prayers and hopes for a full recovery for Michael from me and my family to his. Sport rugby and rivalry are irrelevant at times like this. Go well big man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2020 09:11 by Saintsby.

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 06 January, 2020 18:19

[www.bbc.co.uk]

BBC gives a bit more detail on what is happening

Date: 06 January, 2020 19:55

Quote:

Worcester lock Michael Fatialofa is to undergo surgery on the neck injury he sustained in the Premiership loss at Saracens on Saturday.

The 27-year-old remains in intensive care at St Mary's Hospital in central London after sustaining bruising and swelling on his spinal cord.

He will undergo surgery on Monday evening to relieve the pressure caused by the bruising.

Fatialofa is fully conscious and is being supported by his family.

"Nick Tait, Warriors' club doctor, and the club's medical team are in daily contact with Michael's neurosurgeon," a Worcester statement read.

"Michael and his wife, Tatiana, have been overwhelmed by messages and offers of support from the rugby community across the world.

"Warriors players, staff and club co-owners Colin Goldring and Jason Whittingham, have also been closely involved in supporting Michael and his family."

Date: 06 January, 2020 20:21

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 06 January, 2020 20:32

It says

"Michael received an injury to his neck Ö which left him with reduced power and sensation in his arms and legs.'

But not clear if this is a medical comment or other.

Current Page: 2 of 9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net