Dai Young
Posted by: Diverdave (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 13:20

Seems daunting is taking a back seat for a while and stepping down.

[www.ruck.co.uk]

Re: Dai Young
Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 13:53

Just seen this myself.

"Stepping back from 1st team duties", is this stress or is he moving on?

Quote:

Dai Young is stepping back from first-team duties at Wasps, itís been revealed in a shock announcement.

The club has revealed that attack/backs coach Lee Blackett is taking over as interim head coach.

Itís being reported by Coventry Live that a senior management meeting was called at the Ricoh Arena this morning, followed by the players being told the news shortly afterwards at the clubís Broadstreet RFC training ground base.

Young was not present at yesterdayís media session, with defence coach Ian Costello attending instead.

A statement from Wasps reads: ďDirector of Rugby Dai Young will be stepping back from first-team duties for an interim period.

Full Wales Online Atricle HERE

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 13:55 by Faithful_City.

Date: 11 February, 2020 14:18

Unfortunately Iím not as adept at including links etc just yet so that was a milestone for me.

Seems strange that hmt says he is taking a step back, I feel that it may prove to be Something a bit more permanent. It could of course be linked to the fact that saracens are now definitely relegated, given wasps position in the league, what do you think.

Date: 11 February, 2020 14:20

Also, just been looking for some elastic bungee cord for Saturday to keep my bobble hat on, the wife said she would staple it to my head, an offer which I kindly refused.

Posted by: Grasshopper (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 00:23

Illness?

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 00:35

good time to take a break

Posted by: Garym (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 07:50

Quote:
Grasshopper
Illness?
Not according to the times article earlier in the week, all to do with the money. UKMS has the full article on the wasps site

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 08:04

Off to Ospreys I would guess

JP

Posted by: nsw1654 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2020 12:40

He has gone. Where next?

Posted by: Trent_Blue (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2020 20:27

Toby booth going to ospreys according to fissler.

What do you think about having him here with a younger exciting head coach under him? Solly canít have long left.

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 07:30

Depends how long Solly stays and how Jonathan Thomas performs but while I wouldnít rule him out.i hope JT progresses sufficiently well for him to take over.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net