Current Page: 1 of 2
We are so bad
Posted by: Trent_Blue (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 16:51

Might put money on -77 saracens finishing above us.

Re: We are so bad
Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 17:01

I hate being a Warriors fan sometimes. Support the team through thick and thin,but the excuses are running thin now.

Posted by: Bevere Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 17:20

Quote:
AJWarriors
I hate being a Warriors fan sometimes. Support the team through thick and thin,but the excuses are running thin now.

I often share this sentiment and have seriously contemplated not encouraging my 2 year old son into following me into supporting Worcester. Itís caused a lot of pain over the years.
I think we just need to accept that we, for whatever reason, are destined to be between 10th to 12th in the league each year.
Itís the hope that kills you and Iím sick of hearing talk of top 6.

Date: 15 February, 2020 17:30

Yep itís the hope. This year I thought it was the one with the way we started. We got the majority of our guys signed up and ever since then we havenít cracked on. If Iím honest I do find it boring now..only thing that keeps me interested is the interest that I want to see what our generation of talented lads can do...then I remember Iíve been hearing ďin 5 years time we will be top 6Ē...Im still waiting for that moment.

The thing that irritates me most is the club are unbelievably lucky to have the fan base like ours. We still turn up every week and support the team but it never feels replicated. Our we been taken for granted?

Posted by: Day tripper (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 17:39

So we lose by 1 point and we are sooo dab. What rubbish. I thought we played well considering the conditions.

Date: 15 February, 2020 17:44

Played well...lost by one point...but we are 9th. Guess thatís ok though..for some

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 18:14

My biggest problem with our team is the over coaching. Why do players seem to think it's only Pennell's job to catch the ball. Far too many times we hand the initiative to the opposition.

At times today we looked really good, a few poor decisions and some really daft stuff too. The big plus for me were the three players who have the fewest caps. David was good, Van Breda played well and Ollie Lawrence was our best back. Ted was our best forward.

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 18:20

How many stupid penalties did we give away at the end- bower, young kitchen and another? And why not kick for the corner at the end instead of going for goal?

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 18:38

Because our lineout was not working after the substitutions.

Posted by: Sir Mills (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 19:16

I really like Big Joe and he offers a lot in the loose but you cant have a hooker that cant throw in. They ended up going for a 55 metre kick in a gale because that was the level of faith all the players had in Big Joe's throwing. I've seen all the games this year and I thought it was one of our better performances we missed 6 kicks at goal today all it would have taken was one more to go over and we would have won. Hopefully we play well at Bristol like we did last year.

Posted by: Underdog (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 19:55

I think today isn't the day to feel disappointed with the club. Some daft penalties and hard conditions to kick in cost us. The attacking play was some of the best all season, Pennell played well and the two wingers had good games alongside Hill and Lawrence as mentioned above. Bath have got an absolutely superb pack that we kept at bay for long periods.

I'm not rose tinted in my view as have been very moany all season.

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 20:08

We lost a close and enjoyable game today and played some good rugby. The margins are small a yellow card, missed kicks and too many penalties. We are likely to be near the bottom at the end of the season however next season new coaches new hope. I just hope that weíre not going in the direction of a franchise system.

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 20:10

I wonder if SVB might have been a better option for that last penalty.

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 20:11

Their best 5 players werenít even playing.

Posted by: NW2 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 20:42

Quote:
Day tripper
So we lose by 1 point and we are sooo dab. What rubbish. I thought we played well considering the conditions.
Played well (ish) but lost...again! We lose too many close matches at home, and it's not like it's the first season we've done this is it? Season after season I, and many others, optimistically feel "this will be the one", but it never is. So forgive me if I don't rejoice at "playing well" but losing again, at some point enough has to be enough.

Posted by: Trent_Blue (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 20:53

Itís hard to stay positive when the team / coaching staff are sleep walking into the same mistakes every week. I actually think ours backs did really well today, forwards again out played (excluding the front row).

Do wonder if we need to another 7, when Lewis tires we seem to struggle. Look at the difference Willis made last game vs us.

Is Joe T good enough to play hooker in the prem? he played just 15mins today yet still threw not straight to the tail, then took a quick one which resulted in poor ball, and finally threw to the front which resulted in it being held up and turned over. Play him at 8 if you want some go forward but please do not let him throw..

Posted by: Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 21:34

I donít know how anyone can think we played well today. We scored one good try, thatís it. We regularly lost ground on our own ball because we donít have a clue what we are doing in attack. We continue to stand and watch the opposition take the high ball, because we just donít want it as much as them. We chose several kicks for goal today that we were never going to get in those conditions. Yet again we arenít playing to the capability of the squad, and yet again we are probably the worst team in the league. Either the players donít give a @#$%& or the coaching is just terrible.

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 21:52

Yes svb could have taken the last kick, but would have preferred going for the corner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2020 10:39 by centrethere.

Posted by: Underdog (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 22:08

Some of you are working very hard to turn that into a disaster. The performance was nowhere near as bad as is being made out. I'm sure there would have been criticism, but I doubt it would have been as vociferous had that last kick drifted the right side of the post.

JP - pray tell who are the five Bath players who are better or more important than Louw, Faletau, Obano, Priestland etc?

Posted by: LiveInHope (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 22:27

Firstly, have to say didnít see the game as away.
Secondly, have stopped posting for many months although still look in.
Thirdly, were we that bad? Or did we just loose?

Have always thought that you donít support Worcester to win, its sort of a cross to hold & bear (sorry never know how to spell that Bear & I know itís important to some of you). We are the West Brom of rugby, ever so often beating the big boys.
Sadly donít care about score, as long as we try & play good rugby.
If you want to win games, support a team that bend the rules.

But as I said wasnít at the game. Twitter said conditions very bad...

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net