Terrific signing if true.

Re: Matt Kvesic returns
Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 11:30

Quote:
Refuse to lose
According to RP it's a done deal
Fissler?
Would be a welcome addition but could mean the end for GJ or Marco especially as our back row options are plentiful and all of them,if not most,i think,can play 6,7 & 8.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2020 11:34 by w4rriorz1980.

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 11:34

WHY NOT LEWIS AT 13

He made yesterday's best try along with the delayed pass from Venter

JP

Posted by: Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 11:55

Would be a great signing, would undoubtedly make our squad better. Also suggestions Mills is asking for too much cash so maybe he wonít be off

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 13:22

Would love to see Kev return, as ever it would mean someone else loses out. I'm sure Solly knows how to manage this correctly.

Date: 16 February, 2020 13:29

Plus he is EQP

Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 13:31

Would hope we could add Kev and keep Mama too. Marco is definitely worth taking the risk. But I agree with the above. The back row with a turnover king such as Kvesic would be a massive compliment to Ted and Du Preez. Depending on what happens with Van Velze (he has another year on his deal) Iíd like to see Marco switch to number 8 and act as the main challenger to that position with Cornell. That would be an outstanding option/competition for that position as it would at openside with Kev and Sammi Lewis

Date: 16 February, 2020 13:36

Donít forget Montgomery and Dodd and a couple of youngsters showing potential

How about front row and ball carriers.

Mind you Clegg a big strong guy.

JP

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 13:38

It was a fantastic pass by Lewis I agree JP. The Mills money would be better spent on another forward particularly someone like Spencer.

Date: 16 February, 2020 13:42

I would love to him return, he gets you on the front foot.

JP

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 14:32

I used to be a critic of Matt Kvesic (mainly for not being powerful enough to break the gain line), but he has certainly improved this and his all round game at Gloucester, and certainly again at Exeter, so would have little problem with him returning. (if true, would suggest he would be to replace Mama and Lewis, if out of contract/off)

Date: 16 February, 2020 14:43

Lewis here till 2022

Posted by: kiddykid (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 09:34

I am still in the mindset of ďIíll believe when I see itĒ but I hope he returns. Where does he fit in? The back row would have to be shuffled but GJ is not the player he was, so with our current players Mama to play at 8 to fit MK in at 7.
Nice problem

Date: 17 February, 2020 10:54

I don't believe Mama will not push out Cornell IMHO

JP

Posted by: WarwickEastie (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 12:27

Lewis is one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Kev can play 8 and has done so for Exeter - he has bulked up since his Warriors days.

But if they both played, we'd need a big wrecking ball of a player alongside them (and/or at lock). Difficult to see Du Preez being dropped right now - or Ted.

Nice problem to have though if it's true....

Posted by: Warriordad (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 12:38

Isn't Kvesic now an 8? I know he has played there a lot for Exeter.

Date: 17 February, 2020 12:44

I think he will play in his best position which is openside. Iíve mentioned a few times now that I donít believe we have had anyone that has been solid enough to challenge Lewis.

Positional wise we potentially could have depending signings, current re signings and players in contract for next season

Openside

Kvesic
Lewis
Williams

Blindside

Hill
Montgomery
Cox

No.8

Du Preez
Van Velze
Dodd

Supplemented by Monks and other potential academy grads

The glaring position for me is the physicality of 8. Cornell has that physicality but Dodd is improving but still slightly small and GJ in my opinion isnít an 8 but a 6. Heís nowhere near big enough for an 8 for me. Openside and blindside look pretty good but again a lack of a ball carrier is something I feel needs to be addressed. The only problem is everyone on that list is under contract so thereís no room to bring anyone in I donít think?

Iíd like Mama to stay 100% but if Kvesic is coming itís looking likely that he will be taking Marcoís spot in the squad as heís off contract and still not signed up.

Date: 17 February, 2020 12:44

Quote:
Warriordad
Isn't Kvesic now an 8? I know he has played there a lot for Exeter.

Only while Sam Simmonds was out injured

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 13:28

Sam Lewis is our stand-out player. He never let's his standards slip despite the lack of competition. Kev would be a brilliant addition as he can play across the back-row.
However, we do have areas of greater need. But if a player like Kev will come to us, it is a signal of intent to other possible signees.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net