Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Matt Kvesic returns
Posted by: Drahm for England (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 18:59

How about GJ going to second row?

Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 19:44

I personally think that would be even worse. The engine room is where you need the grunt and I donít think he has that. Also itís quite late in his career to be moving into that position too. I donít think he would be very effective at all. Iím not bashing him by the way, itís just how I see it with GJ at the moment. To be captain and not even able to make the bench isnít great in my opinion

Posted by: Drahm for England (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 17:57

Could he be the 'jumper' rather than the 'grunt' though? It's not unusual for back row players to move forward in the pack as they get a little older - Martin Corry was one IIRC who played a lot more at Second Row towards the end of his career.

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 19:39

I have to say that I agree with AJW he simply isnít physical enough.

Posted by: Warrior7 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2020 01:11

Weight in the scrum is also massively impacted by putting a backrow in the secondrow.

Posted by: Bevere Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2020 19:23

Pretty sure Matt is at the match tonight.

Posted by: Malvern Man (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March, 2020 09:52

Why isn't he in the Exeter match day 23 these days?

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March, 2020 11:32

Not good enough for them anymore.

Make a good captain here though

JP

Posted by: Malvern Man (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March, 2020 12:00

I don't think he's ever played better than he did when he was here and got two England caps on a tour to Argentina. An Indian summer in Worcester would be very welcome.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net