16 Niall Annett
17 Kai Owen
18 Richard Palframan
19 Andrew Kitchener
20 Sam Lewis
21 Michael Heaney
22 Jono Lance
23 Scott van Breda

Not considered because of injury: Callum Black Justin Clegg, Conor Carey, Michael Fatialofa, Ed Fidow, Dean Hammond, Alex Hearle, Noah Heward, Tom Howe, Joe Morris, Farai Mudariki, Melani Nanai, Francois Venter.

Bristol Bears

15 Charles Piutau, 14 Luke Morahan, 13 Piers O’Conor 12 Sam Bedlow, 11 Henry Purdy, 10 Callum Sheedy, 9 Harry Randall, 1 Jake Woolmore, 2 Will Capon, 3 Lewis Thiede, 4 Dave Attwood, . Joe Joyce, 6 Chris Vui, 7 Jake Heenan, 8 Nathan Hughes.

Replacements | 16 Shaun Malton, 17 Yann Thomas, 18 John Afoa, 19 Luke Hamilton, 20 Dan Thomas, 21 Andy Uren, 22 Ioan Lloyd, 23 Alapati Leiua.

Still no Mills and not in the injured list???

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2020 13:58 by Faithful_City.

Re: Teams - Bears & Warriors
Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 14:08

Wish I had waited for you to post this John rather than my labourious typed post on the other thread.
An interesting selection. If I had more faith in Solly's recent post match analysis I might even feel optimistic.
Our record against Bristiol is not too bad, they will want to rememdy that. Owen against Afoa off the bench will be an interesting clash.

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 14:14

CP out of the 23 too.

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 14:17

Agree Rollo. Will be a baptism of fire for him. Good to see Niall back. We may keep a functional lineout once the subs are made.

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 16:10

Interesting that Marco is picked as I’d have thought that Lewis was ideally suited for the type of game that they play. Is it that they are trying to assess his fitness before offering a new contract? The omission of Mills suggests that there is some truth to the rumours floating about at the moment regarding wanting out. I think that Jamie will be more suited to the game that Bristol play and is looking towards next season.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 16:11

Offa I think that Kai is up to the task.
If Nail is fit Joe can start to pack his bags ( he has not realy been at the races for a while - shame really )

Posted by: Sheldon (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 17:11

I suspect Solly has agreed to give Mama a few games to prove himself other wise that's it for him .

Posted by: Abmatt (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 20:36

Both mills and CP were training today, I watched them on my lunch break.

Make of their omission what you will.

Posted by: Drahm for England (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 22:14

Abmatt, I would suggest it's fairly simple, neither are currently playing well enough to be selected!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net