Great, Great news with both him and Hill signed up - HANDS OFF OUR TALLENT

Re: Contract extensions this week
Posted by: TrueWarrior (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 15:10

Delighted to be proved wrong.

Posted by: Malvern Man (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 15:14

Whoopee again. That's the two stars and the rest should follow.

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 15:31

I think that only mean 2 years totall for Ollie

Posted by: Garym (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 15:57

Quote:
Faithful_City

.... which is better than none/one

Posted by: Sir Mills (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 15:59

Great news about these contract extensions. However I dont think it is as good as is being made out by the club. You would be mad as a young professional not accepting a contract extension post covid as the future of professional rugby is in doubt. I think it is less of a reflection on Worcester and more a reflection of the current economic climate in Rugby (and in general).

Posted by: Bevere Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 17:02

Quote:
Sir Mills
Great news about these contract extensions. However I dont think it is as good as is being made out by the club. You would be mad as a young professional not accepting a contract extension post covid as the future of professional rugby is in doubt. I think it is less of a reflection on Worcester and more a reflection of the current economic climate in Rugby (and in general).

Quite possible however as youíll see on the other thread Josh Hodge, whilst one of our current main competitor is losing their promising youngsters, we are retaining ours. This is something weíve not been able to do for a very long time.

Posted by: Abmatt (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 17:04

Quote:
Faithful_City

Didnít he have a year remaining? If so wouldnít a 2 year extension take him to 3 left?

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 17:19

Quote:
Faithful_City

Two MORE years for Ollie. Three in total.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 18:52

There has been a lot of press around the cynical nature of contract extensions forced upon players before the deadline of the 75% cap thingie. I'm still not sure I fully understand what the exact rules are now.

That said, our two best young players have committed to the club and that is a massive message given our history of losing our best young players. It's a big message to the other young players who, most likely, will also look to stay.

I'm sure the new owners are a big part of this, along with Solly. I've no doubt in the past previous DoRs would have loved to have done the same bit didn't get the same backing from the boardroom.

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 19:19

Very pleased . Some of the talk must have been around moulding the team with them in. Isnít kai owen the next?

Posted by: Latecomer (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 19:31

Quote:
usa warrior
Quote:
Faithful_City

Two MORE years for Ollie. Three in total.

Agree with JP, think its likely a 1 year extension on top of the one already in place for next season, making TWO in total. Length of contract is not mentioned in the press release and the Beeb site confirms length of contract undisclosed.
However, Ollie is quoted as saying he is looking forward to the next couple of seasons ........

Date: 23 June, 2020 19:45

Latecomer. If you look at the web address on the offy for the story it has 2 year extension in the title.
Not concrete I know but thatís where I got it from.

Posted by: Latecomer (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 20:28

Quote:
Abmatt
Latecomer. If you look at the web address on the offy for the story it has 2 year extension in the title.
Not concrete I know but thatís where I got it from.

I see what you mean Abmatt, but strange there is no mention of 2 years in the text of the article or in the headline. Wondering if the web address is a 'copy and paste' error from Ted's contract extension web page ??

Date: 23 June, 2020 20:32

Could well be. I havenít gone as far as comparing the addresses.

Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 20:33

It is 2 years

Posted by: TrueWarrior (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 20:46

Quote:
AJWarriors
It is 2 years

2 year extension on current? So his new contract will expire 2022/2023 season?

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 21:27

Great news if that is the case AJ.

JP

Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 21:48

Whether this is as a result of Covid19 or not (and if weíre honest, it is) we have hit the jackpot as C19 has come around at the exact time our 2 most exciting academy products, arguably ever, can have contracts renewed. Hopefully we can reach their ambitions and use this as a platform to push on. Itíll be a complete waste if we donít and Lawrence and Hill will be off...

So, Solly et al, youíve 3 years to climb the table and make us into a team that Lawrence and Hill (and by that point many more) want to stick around at again.

Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 22:17

Quote:
TrueWarrior
Quote:
AJWarriors
It is 2 years

2 year extension on current? So his new contract will expire 2022/2023 season?

Yes mate

Current Page: 2 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net