Current Page: 1 of 3
Melani Nanai
Posted by: kiddykid (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 09:09

With another contract extension of a player whom we have hardly seen this is really good news.
If fit, he has to play although I fear it may be the beginning of the end of CP, but full back is where he has to be.
The squad looks healthier each day and with July 1st upon us the new coaching team can get to work. Canít wait,

Re: Melani Nanai
Posted by: lokicrichtonfan (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 16:30

Can he play centre like Loki Crichton?

Posted by: First40 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 06:05

Who can forget that kick!

Posted by: Garym (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 07:27

Quote:
First40
Who can forget that kick!

Should have named the stand after him ....

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 14:10

Is this the kick that as an opposition player he missed to keep us up, before he then moved to join us, having already signed for us?

Date: 01 July, 2020 14:17

There are two others in this club, I believe. Names Ward and Drahm come to mind?

Posted by: Garym (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 16:35

Quote:
centrethere
Is this the kick that as an opposition player he missed to keep us up, before he then moved to join us, having already signed for us?

Thats the one, right in front of the posts in the middle (the one even I could have kicked!)

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 17:37

Nanai is great running in open play but Iím just trying to remember what his kicking from hand is like?

Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 19:00

Quote:
shrewsburyman
Nanai is great running in open play but Iím just trying to remember what his kicking from hand is like?
Are you saying you're trying to remember as he never kicks out of hand or you genuinely can't remember?
I can't either! But as a natural 15 I'm sure he has!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Date: 01 July, 2020 19:38

I canít remember seeing him kick from hand and just wondered how effective he was thatís all! As you say clearly he must be reasonably good having played at 15!

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 09:16

Quote:
centrethere
There are two others in this club, I believe. Names Ward and Drahm come to mind?

I seem to remember that Shane Drahm stepped up and nailed the lot

Date: 02 July, 2020 10:29

It would have been - Worcester Warriors vs Northampton Saints
Saturday, April 30 2005 - won 21 -19. - Drahm's last game before joining us. We needed points and so did Saints, for Harlequins to go down. Can't find a match report though.

Posted by: Malvern Man (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 12:53

I'm pretty sure that Drahm got most if not all of his kicks, and Northampton very sportingly took him off early in the second half to avoid the conflict of interest. Wonderful day that - very hot, good game, good win, and both teams survived. The crowd shouted for Cecil who ran on to the pitch at the end to general ecstasy.

Date: 02 July, 2020 14:03

I remember waiting for the Quins result and how the Saints fans went from agony to ecstasy when the result was announced!

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 15:33

I'm not sure Nanai needs to be a good kicker with his skills, although I'm sure he's pretty decent. Does anyone remember Heem ever kicking it? I can't, but then he was a force of nature and could always make the yards with ball in hand.

Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 19:46

Nanai definitely needs to have a good boot on him for the Prem - I donít know if he has or not as i donít think iíve seen him kick all that often, which is fine for a winger (which is why Heem basically never did) but heíll need to use it at FB.

Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 13:18

Just watching the Barbarians game vs South Africa from a few years ago. It has 3 Warriors playing. Nanai and Fats for the Baa Baas and Venter at 13 for SA.

Nanai is playing at 15 and he is unbelievable! He HAS to start at full back for us. We didnít see much of him last season because of our game plan of constantly kicking for territory, but if you watch his positioning playing at 15 on the field heís always involved. I think we badly wasted him out on the wing. He seems to either hover behind the fly half or out wide to either beat his man or set away the winger.

Hopefully Sherratt will recognise this and play him at full back, because on this viewing heís unreal. Iím actually wondering if heís eligible for England? His wife is English and he hasnít been capped at any level by the All Blacks or Samoa.

If he replicated what Iím currently watching for us which I think he will then Eddie wouldnít ignore a clear talent like that.

Will Greenwood is the Barbarians water boy and heís overheard on saying to Nanai ďepic for a skinny kid! You can play..love itĒ and then adds ďheís a heck of a playerĒ

Have a watch [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/07/2020 14:12 by AJWarriors.

Posted by: Bevere Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 16:30

I think the coaches appeared to be worried about Nanai being caught out under the high ball and having a limited kicking game.
Thereís clearly a sense of loyalty to Pennall after sticking by us over the years.
However Nanai must be given a run at 15 and there is no time better than when the season recommences with nothing at stake.

Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 17:22

It would go at complete odds with or overall vision which is playing as many home grown players as possible. Pennell may not be the youngest but he is a very solid full back who doesnít deserve to be dropped.

Posted by: Bevere Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 19:57

Our overall vision is a team based on homegrown talent supplemented by players of significant quality. I would say playing Nanai fits that vision.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net