Current Page: 1 of 4
Tuilagi
Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 18:54

....is one of 6 to be released by Tiggers.

Yes we're well stocked @ centre but if the budget allowed i wouldn't say no!

France or Japan beckons i think.I assume every clubs transfer & contract business is over including ours!

Re: Tuilagi
Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 19:22

Donít think anyone would. Iíd love to see him and Lawrence at centre, it would cause mayhem, but sadly I donít see it happening as much as id love to

Re:
Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 19:31

Yes I noticed that six players had refused the contracts that they had been offered. Not too impressed with Tuilagi over this when you consider the amount of games that he has plated for Tigers because of injury.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 19:40

Latest gossip is Genge and Ford are staying but others including Manu are off
[www.msn.com]

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 19:54

I am not sure how complimentary Tuilai and Lawrences skills are , also not sure about injury record, England duty and atttuade. Otherwise OK.

Date: 01 July, 2020 20:16

Iím not sure any team would turn their nose up at the opportunity to sign Manu up. But each to their own I guess

Date: 01 July, 2020 20:44

Off to Beziers

Posted by: Abmatt (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 21:52

He would end up the same as teo for us. Injured or on international duty.

No thanks.

Posted by: TrueWarrior (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 21:58

With his injury record and amount of time he spends with England, I'm not sure he would be worth the investment. Of the players that have been stood down by Tigers and rumoured to leave, the only 2 I would have wanted would be Genge and Taufua, although where Taufua would fit I have no idea. I wouldn't have wanted Ford as fly half is such a key position, I dont think you can justify paying 700k for a player that plays for the club in 50-60% of eligible matches in the season (assuming they stayed injury free.)

It does start to raise the question in whether it is worth having players who play for England and if you do, how many you would have. The value for money doesn't seem to be there for me. Before COVID, Genge, Ford and Tuilagi accounted for 25% of Tigers Salary Cap (apart from marquee players). Does not seem conducive to building a well-balanced squad.

Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 21:58

Are we well stocked at centre? To my mind we have three with the addition of SVB if Solly ever decides to play him (and even then itís his third choice position after 10 and 15). Hearle may be able to cover but heís more of a winger and Butler will inevitably be injured. Genuinely think that we could do with one more. Obviously Tuilagi would be great, but realistically it wonít happen. Kyle Eastmond has also been released and whereas he isnít perhaps the player he once was, he would be decent back up.

Date: 01 July, 2020 22:22

Looks that way with SVB. I think heís perfect for that position with the skill set he has. Iíd like to see him play there more now at 12/13 seeing as Shilly will probably be used more at full back next season.

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 23:02

Did i hear that Teo would be eligible to play for the British Lions rugby league team now?

Posted by: lokicrichtonfan (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 23:15

Kyle Eastmond would be a good signing

Posted by: TrueWarrior (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 07:20

Would donate my season ticket money again for him not to come. Defensive liability and not sure he offers anything in attack any more

Date: 02 July, 2020 08:06

Manu and the other leavers have engaged solicitors looks like things are going to get messy at Tigers. It seems that there is a little unrest at LI as well.

Date: 02 July, 2020 08:06

I wouldnít be too keen on Eastmond either to be honest. I donít think heís any better than what we currently have.

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 08:30

Well, isn't it nice to have a relatively happy ship compared to those around us in the table at least?

Date: 02 July, 2020 08:44

First time since I can remember for us! Itís usually us that goes through turmoil but we seem to be a very well ran club now hopefully

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 09:19

We are - Colin and Jason seem to be slowly laying their foundations.

And just to think that the former golden boy Edward Griffith's projects have rumbled from crisis to crisis...

It'll all work out for the best

Posted by: Warriordad (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 09:56

I don't think it is a question of whether Eastmond is better than what we have, I think it is more about can he give us something different and for me the answer would be best. We need a team that is capable of tactical change and Eastmond is very much a second distributor. We have lost that will Mills going.

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net