Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Tuilagi
Posted by: Malvern Man (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 17:20

Yes, he's very unlucky. I was at Northampton once and he scored two tries in about 20 minutes and then went off injured.

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 06:58

Sorry to say but I also do not Ďthink he will make it at premiership level.

Although he does remind me a lot of John Dawes and John Spencer but much smaller and that is his biggest problem. The size and speed of opposition backrows will make it extremely difficult for him.

JP

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 08:20

I too hope that he does well but like JP have been concerned about his size which is much more of an issue in the Premiership as opposed to the age group teams. From what Iíve seen SVB looks to have a fairly robust constitution so I would hope that he can fill in on the subs bench. Iíve always felt that it was worth bringing him on at the end of a close game for a long range penalty effort.

Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 08:57

Agree with SM and FC. I remember his cameo against saints and whereas he scored two tries (one of which was a very simple stroll in), he was targeted in defence, which is possibly why he is so injury prone. Not sure youíll find many (any?) centres as small as him and as SM says, Prem rugby is a completely different kettle of fish than age grade rugby. Hope iím proved wrong but canít seenhim making it with us.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 13:46

Will is almost the same size as Nick Tompkins, an inch sorted and 2 kilos lighter. That's similar enough for me. Size hasn't held Tompkins back.

Date: 04 July, 2020 14:27

We all hope that it doesnít.

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 15:25

Taller and heavier than Kyle Eastmond too.

Posted by: everycloud (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 17:37

Word is that he has some sublime skills too, and yes he captained the Under 20s. Class player who will serve us well I think

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 17:37

But not as tough or aggressive

Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 18:24

Guys letís get behind our own. Give the guy a chance and see what he can do before knocking him down

Posted by: Garym (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 18:37

Quote:
AJWarriors
Guys letís get behind our own. Give the guy a chance and see what he can do before knocking him down

Just keep reminding JP on his comments about Tim Collier before he had pulled a shirt on for us all those years ago 😀

Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 19:47

Quote:
everycloud
Word is that he has some sublime skills too, and yes he captained the Under 20s. Class player who will serve us well I think

Very pleasantly surprised to learn that he is bigger than Eastmond, perhaps he has bulkier than I thought. Having not seen him play for so long it is genuinely difficult to remember but i expect he has perhaps used his numerous injury lay offs to bulk up.

His skill set isnít sublime IMO. Good players absolutely shine in A League games and he never pulled up any trees. On the the other hand players like Benjamin, Hill and Lawrence made the A League look easy from a young age.

I really hope he makes it but iíd be very worried if we lined up with a centre partnership of Butler and Hearle at any point in the next couple of seasons.

Date: 12 July, 2020 09:41

Todayís paper says heís off to Sale.

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2020 00:00

picture Tuilagi vs Butler. Certainly happy that Tuilagi isn't headed our way

Posted by: Abmatt (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2020 12:27

Confirmed to sale.

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2020 12:38

But Dimes had absolutely not been talking to him???

Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2020 13:20

Typical Dimes. It made me laugh when I saw that he said that. When he says heís not talking to a player it categorically means that he is. He may as well just admit it next time lol

Posted by: lokicrichtonfan (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2020 16:59

Iím amazed there are fans out there who didnt want to sign Tuilagi. Although this guy has had injury problems and would take time off playing for England, he has won the Prem and has experience at international level + Lions. Surely this is the sort of player we want to attract? Perhaps a few still scarred from Teío stealing a living

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2020 17:45

As I said elsewhere, we will miss him, he was great for us when he played, problem was that wasn't very often .

Posted by: Abmatt (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2020 19:10

Quote:
lokicrichtonfan
Iím amazed there are fans out there who didnt want to sign Tuilagi. Although this guy has had injury problems and would take time off playing for England, he has won the Prem and has experience at international level + Lions. Surely this is the sort of player we want to attract? Perhaps a few still scarred from Teío stealing a living

No thanks. Over a 10 year career he played on average less that 10 games a season for tigers.

Current Page: 3 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net